More of that Willis!

JinWPB

Got pretty bored late last night so I pulled out us stomping the Jets in their house. What a game WM had. Yes I know he only plays that way against Vilma, but is that really true?

He was our running game. Bring in another back -no gain, 2yds,pop Willis 15, 8, 57, ect.

As we cut him up for bait:

I 've been thinking back over the year. Lets not forget Willis played last year with broken ribs, sprained ankles, puking his guts out and a O.L. that can't block.

Everybody says he isn't a complete back, but I recall him PANCAKING two guys at once that had the QB dead to rights.I think he does a pretty good job in that regard. I've heard it said he's no threat receiving .Gee did he some how forget how to catch or run a route between the "U" and B-LO? Maybe we should call his number more and not throw it 10 ft. over his head or when he's surrounded by DB, LB, and a Safety, in other words mix it up a little. Don't pass it to him in the flat when everyone in the stadium can see it coming. He has no speed, show me where. At the end of a 50yd run when a DB has the angle on him or after he took around the corner for a TD.

I say give Willis his extension, make him happy to be a Bill, then if it doesn't work out , lets go fishing.

Im on the bubble with Willis McGahee. There are things I dislike about him and things I do like!

The one thing I do like is his toughness. Hes a very tough kid, he took a beating against the Packers breaking ribs and coming back a few weeks later to face the Jags. I dont question his toughness.

Only thing I question is his character.....he reminds me of Mike Tyson, just makes comments that make so sense......he dont think before he speaks!

The one thing id love to see is the Bills have a solid OL that can run block, I think we could see a different McGahee......

I do not care how about him personally as long as he is productive on the field and not a problem for his teammates then I simply ignore it. I know some fans enjoy this game because they follow the personalities and football play is secondary or not a big issue for some, but not this fan.

Willis had some of the best possible production a player can have his first year and a half and has disappointed since then with occaisional (unfortunately too occaisional flashes of brilliance. However, as far as football goes the Bills are in the driver's seat with him and it makes little football sense to do anything but stay the course with him and good football sense to draft an RB who:

1. Can potentially do a better jpb than Shaud Williams as #3.

2. Provides competition for WM as a POTENTIAL future

3. Is drafted on the second day and low enough to allow us to spend first day on real 07 needs.

As I have said too repetitively for some, if you plan to sleep with Willis or follow his fiscal franchise management advice then you may want to advocate moving him,m but if you care about winning football then our resources need to be devoted to other more real needs.

Only thing I question is his character.....he reminds me of Mike Tyson, just makes comments that make so sense......he dont think before he speaks!

I agree Willis says some dumb stuff,but lets not make THAT comparison. When you see Willis on the sidelines during a game He always seems '"in the game" , you rarely see the kid without a smile on his face, I've never heard anyone quote him with something mean spirited. Also I think some of what He's said was tongue in cheek and not taken that way and best of all he 's not a criminal.

I say give Willis his extension, make him happy to be a Bill, then if it doesn't work out , lets go fishing.

Why give him the extension if you're willing to replace him if it doesnt work out? That seems to me to be a needless risk to take. I would rather he prove his worth in the final year of his contract. If after the first several games or halfway through the season he consistently produces, then an extension should be considered, as long as its reasonable. Up to now, he hasnt done anything to prove he merits an extension, IMHO.

what i need to see is less willis mcbadknee and more of willis mcgahee.

what happened to the viscious stiff arm? willis is damn strong, i'd like to see him put his shoulder into some tacklers and run them into the ground instead of flopping down after feeling a hand on him.

the speed part is secondary- i dont think he needs a 5th gear. if he played strictly as a power back (ie: bettis or jamal lewis) and less like a guy with lightening speed and barry sanders moves(which i dont believe he has either of), he would be a helluva lot better.

willis does have good hands and passing to him in the flat with a db comming up on him after the pass should be a no brainer. he should be able to run over 9 out of 10 db's in the nfl.

once he finally starts doing the above, i'll stop calling him MCBADKNEE and start calling him great

I do not care how about him personally as long as he is productive on the field and not a problem for his teammates then I simply ignore it. I know some fans enjoy this game because they follow the personalities and football play is secondary or not a big issue for some, but not this fan.

Willis had some of the best possible production a player can have his first year and a half and has disappointed since then with occaisional (unfortunately too occaisional flashes of brilliance. However, as far as football goes the Bills are in the driver's seat with him and it makes little football sense to do anything but stay the course with him and good football sense to draft an RB who:

1. Can potentially do a better jpb than Shaud Williams as #3.

2. Provides competition for WM as a POTENTIAL future

3. Is drafted on the second day and low enough to allow us to spend first day on real 07 needs.

As I have said too repetitively for some, if you plan to sleep with Willis or follow his fiscal franchise management advice then you may want to advocate moving him,m but if you care about winning football then our resources need to be devoted to other more real needs.

Your joking about Shaud Williams right ? I cant believe he is still on the team. He should have been cut last year and he better not waste a roster spot this year. Marv needs a big bruising north south runner for those short tough yards.

Your joking about Shaud Williams right ? I cant believe he is still on the team. He should have been cut last year and he better not waste a roster spot this year. Marv needs a big bruising north south runner for those short tough yards.

go back and read her post, you AGREE with her.

I agree Willis says some dumb stuff,but lets not make THAT comparison. When you see Willis on the sidelines during a game He always seems '"in the game" , you rarely see the kid without a smile on his face, I've never heard anyone quote him with something mean spirited. Also I think some of what He's said was tongue in cheek and not taken that way and best of all he 's not a criminal.

Also, I don't know where this "miami boy" comes into the picture...I don't think Willis at any point has mentioned that he hated playing in the cold....I know Roy Williams the safety for the cowboys said he would not play in the cold weather teams when he was drafted behind Mike Williams.

I am not a huge fan of Willis as a person, and don't feel any strong attachment to him as a Bill (much like Nate). But he did not get a fair shake this year. We had an offensive line disaster to start the season, and could only run one way in the second half, and he had various injuries, and he kept taking the ball and running hard. He is not an LT/Barry Sanders who can do it himself regardless of blocks, but I think he is a very talented weapon in a balanced functioning offense.

In addition to playing with his injuries, he also missed three games: GB and INDY where A-Train averaged over 100 (and I expect Willis would have too), and Houston which is not a powerful run D and he would have had a good game. I'm looking forward to Willis having a huge 2007 contract year, and then we will see what happens.

what i need to see is less willis mcbadknee and more of willis mcgahee.

what happened to the viscious stiff arm? willis is damn strong, i'd like to see him put his shoulder into some tacklers and run them into the ground instead of flopping down after feeling a hand on him.

As I said I watched the Jet game last night and Willis did indeed use the"stiff arm" to lay out a DB and pick up a critical first down

Also in reply to another post on his beating a DB after a catch in the flat ... yes he should , and usually does , what I meant was our passing to the backs seems too predictable or we are tipping our hand as they are usually covered by 2 or 3 defenders and take a loss or incomplete.

As far as an extension goes , they are not guaranteed contracts, structure it correctly and we don't give up that much .

No one is cutting him up for bait. He plays well against the Jets....with a guy like him we can be 2-14!

Actually he is a mediocre running back with the possibility of becoming a good to conceivably very good running back. He's got next year to move into the good to very good category. What irks me is his agent talking like he's Jimmy Brown, Cookie Gilchrist, Walter Payton and OJ all rolled up into one.

I say keep him, and I wouldn't even draft a running back or look for one in free agency. He shows something next season...we talk about re-signing him. Right now he is well on the road to See ya City....

No one is cutting him up for bait. He plays well against the Jets....with a guy like him we can be 2-14!

Actually he is a mediocre running back with the possibility of becoming a good to conceivably very good running back. He's got next year to move into the good to very good category. What irks me is his agent talking like he's Jimmy Brown, Cookie Gilchrist, Walter Payton and OJ all rolled up into one.

I say keep him, and I wouldn't even draft a running back or look for one in free agency. He shows something next season...we talk about re-signing him. Right now he is well on the road to See ya City....

Well I quess everyone is going to have their own opinion. I think he has been pretty good so far. Now is a buyers market if he shine next year we won't be able to afford him.

Lets not forget Willis played last year with broken ribs, sprained ankles, puking his guts out and a O.L. that can't block.

Everybody says he isn't a complete back, but I recall him PANCAKING two guys at once that had the QB dead to rights.

You're absolutely right. And he returned to play while some of his ribs had still not healed. Love him or hate him, but the guy shows flashes of being a trooper when he wants to be.