Dre' Bly Seeking Trade

Mikie2times

http://rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/p...NFL&id=1809

Bly isn't happy with the system he's playing in. I know Detroit has some cover 2 concepts but I don't know how much they go to it. If he would be willing to play in our system I would love to have him. With Detroit’s uncertainty at RB Willis could potentially be a trade option. Perhaps Willis plus a 2nd rounder would get it done. Would that deal be worth it to you guys?

Bly isn't happy with the system he's playing in. I know Detroit has some cover 2 concepts but I don't know how much they go to it. If he would be willing to play in our system I would love to have him. With Detroit’s uncertainty at RB Willis could potentially be a trade option. Perhaps Willis plus a 2nd rounder would get it done. Would that deal be worth it to you guys?

I read that earlier and he wants to play more man rather than zone coverage. He had a career low 3 INTs last season mostly due to Marinelli's Tampa 2 D. I don't think he would want to come to another team whose defensive scheme is the same as the one he wants out of.

I read that earlier and he wants to play more man rather than zone coverage. He had a career low 3 INTs last season mostly due to Marinelli's Tampa 2 D. I don't think he would want to come to another team whose defensive scheme is the same as the one he wants out of.

if he can learn it tho he would be worth it pro bowler 2 years ago

goes to show you that the system isn't really designed for playmaking corners.

if that's true, i'm all for going with youboty and mcgee as our corners.

Why does everyone assume Nate is gone, its not like the skins have any money to sign MORE marquee guys :wallbash:

From the Post this morning, detailing how Brunell is talking restructuring to get the Skins some space.

The Redskins are expected to target Buffalo Bills linebacker London Fletcher and cornerback Nate Clements in free agency next month, according to multiple league sources who have spoken with team officials. . . .

Guess they want the twofwr going after Fletch as well

Why does everyone assume Nate is gone, its not like the skins have any money to sign MORE marquee guys :wallbash:

From the Post this morning, detailing how Brunell is talking restructuring to get the Skins some space.

well maybe thats why lions are letting bly seek a trade so they can go after clements who did pretty good in cover 2.

and i dont know why the redskins dont just cut ties with brunell he really is washed up.

Why does everyone assume Nate is gone, its not like the skins have any money to sign MORE marquee guys :lol:

I was thinking about this the other day. How many marquee Bills's draft picks has the team re-signed to long term deals when they hit the market?

Also, I'd like to see the stats on this. Once an NFL player is not re-signed after his contract is up, what are the odds he re-signs with his team? My guess is that if a team doesn't re-up a player the year before he becomes a FA, then he's as good as gone in 99% cases.

goes to show you that the system isn't really designed for playmaking corners.

if that's true, i'm all for going with youboty and mcgee as our corners.

Ronde Barber, Brian Kelly, Nathan Vasher, and Charles Tillman all say hello. No offense to anyone but the whole idea of cover 2 is strength of secondary. Of course you need playmakers. However bigger importance should be placed along the dline because there is minimal to no blitzing.

His real reason might be that he hates playing for the Lions because it's a crappy team and organization.

Ronde Barber, Brian Kelly, Nathan Vasher, and Charles Tillman all say hello. No offense to anyone but the whole idea of cover 2 is strength of secondary. Of course you need playmakers. However bigger importance should be placed along the dline because there is minimal to no blitzing.

I've always felt that the strength of the cover two- or the way to run it effectively is- dominance on the line of scrimage.

As Nick Harper, CB. of the Colts stated- they didn't start stopping the run until they went away from the cover 2 much of the time.

Why does everyone assume Nate is gone, its not like the skins have any money to sign MORE marquee guys :lol:

the redskins always have money.every year they are in cap hell right before free agency starts and every year they are out of the gates signing everybody.last season they were supposed to have to cut half the team just to meet the cap,but they approved the new contract at the last minute and then washington went on their annual spending spree.i would have loved to watch them actually stick to the cap and cut everyone.so watch this season cause the skins will be offering riduculous contracts again this year...its what they do!....go bills in"07

The more I hear about it the more I think we're being sold another bill of goods with this whole Cover 2 nonsense. It's starting to remind me of the whole 46 fiasco.

I'm with you on that Dr. Fong!

Also- the Colts didn't improve against the run until they inserted Rob Morris in the starting lineup.

Morris is hardly a prototype cover 2 linebacker.

I did mention Detroit does some cover 2; so like I said if he doesn't want to is a part of the cover 2 so be it. That said we didn't play nearly enough zones in our coverage schemes last year to be considered a traditional cover 2 team. McGee was god awful playing zone last year, and the coaches realized early in the year with a lockdown corner in Clements we would be better off playing man.

I'm not counting on a huge improvement in zone coverage from McGee so a move like this would allow us to play the same looks. Age is a concern but that might also lower his trade demands. I'm not hell bent on trading Willis but this would be one of the few situations that would provide both teams with a quality player in a need area. If by some chance we could do a straight up trade player for player I would be all over it.

It's all highly unlikely but we can only talk about the Toronto Bills so much.

McGahee and a 2nd round pick for Dre Bly? WTF are you smoking? Must be some good schit. The article said that he felt uncomfortable in the cover 2 and doesn't like it...Why in the hell would he like it in cold ass Buffalo? I know it's the offseason and there is little to talk about but I think this is a horrible idea. I wouldn't even give up Willis in a straight up deal. No way, no how. Just my thoughts.