Thoughts on Bill Polian

Willis990

I really hate to say this but in the eyes of the NFL and the public this guy is an embarassment. I can't believe what he said in the press box about Doug Flutie when Colts kicks the Pats butts in 2005. This is a quote from a former Providence Journal writer (Tom E. Curran) who was in the press box "Polian screamed out in the waning moments of the game "break his Fukking legs" Now this year pushing a Jets employee against a wall and countless other issues. How can a GM of a $400-700 million dollar franchise act so unprofessionally. Look at some great GM's in all sports i.e. Joe Banner- Philly Eagles, Marv Levy (Pure class and professional), Jerry Angelo (Bears), Scott Pioli (Pats), Rich McKay (Falcons) in the running for NFL commisioner Baseball (Walt Jockety- Cards, Cashman- Yankees, Epstein- Red Sox- Went to Yale, John Schuerholz (Braves). It's difficult for me to believe that Irsay would let this go on when he has so much invested. In closing Polian is truly an embarassment.

Well, your disdain for expressing those opinions didn't hold you back from expressing them.

Maybe your belief in your beliefs isn't believable to anyone other than you.

P.S. Joe Banner eats cheese for breakfast and constantly smells like old socks.

Scott Pioli hasn't paid a player the going rate ever, even his hookers complain until he gives them a Brady game jersey.

Rich McKay works for Home Depot and stocks the Atlanta squad accordingly - commodity shopping and they're really tearing up the league. The others you mention are in a different business.

GoogleEarth Latitude: 41°54'7.47"N Longitude: 12°27'11.20"E

You're sure to find your perfect Choir Boy General Manager there.

Well, your disdain for expressing those opinions didn't hold you back from expressing them.

Maybe your belief in your beliefs isn't believable to anyone other than you.

P.S. Joe Banner eats cheese for breakfast and constantly smells like old socks.

Scott Pioli hasn't paid a player the going rate ever, even his hookers complain until he gives them a Brady game jersey.

Rich McKay works for Home Depot and stocks the Atlanta squad accordingly - commodity shopping and they're really tearing up the league. The others you mention are in a different business.

GoogleEarth Latitude: 41°54'7.47"N Longitude: 12°27'11.20"E

You're sure to find your perfect Choir Boy General Manager there.

All I am trying to say is that it's embarrassing to have him as the President/GM of an NFL franchise where the market value is probably half a billion and the President/GM acts like a thug. It's a shame because Dungy and Manning are the ultimate professionals. Also I believe Belichick's behavior after losses is embarrassing to the Patriots organization. Although a coach gets a little more leeway because of the nature of the job i.e. managing and motivating Football players as opposed to being outfront like President/GM of any professional sports team and dealing with sponsors, business development, etc..

All I am trying to say is that it's embarrassing to have him as the President/GM of an NFL franchise where the market value is probably half a billion and the President/GM acts like a thug. It's a shame because Dungy and Manning are the ultimate professionals. Also I believe Belichick's behavior after losses is embarrassing to the Patriots organization. Although a coach gets a little more leeway because of the nature of the job i.e. managing and motivating Football players as opposed to being outfront like President/GM of any professional sports team and dealing with sponsors, business development, etc..

Of all the people you could go on a rant about- you pick Polian?

Sorry- your on your own on this one!

:thumbsup:

In closing Polian is truly an embarassment.

<crickets>..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................</crickets>

In closing Polian is truly an embarassment.

No, what is embarrassing is the fact you brought this up.

I could care less if he runs around the office naked with a big blue horseshoe tattooed on his a$$.

His problems are the Colts problems, and they are so concerned about him, they let him build a SB winner.

While I generally don't verbalize the phrase "break his fuggin legs" has crossed my thought paths on occassion in certain games where some player was whooping our asses. I have to admit I was one of the many bills fans who cheered (at least silently...most were quite loud) when Mike Stratton gave the hardest tackle ever delivered by a Buffalo Bill against Keith Lincoln in the AFL championship game. I think I'll cut a guy a break for a statement like that during a game while a player is whupping your butt. However...if the Flutester were just in there for a show in a game out of reach I'd think it was quite rude and poor sportsterish...but hey...who said GM's have to be nice?

While I generally don't verbalize the phrase "break his fuggin legs" has crossed my thought paths on occassion in certain games where some player was whooping our asses. I have to admit I was one of the many bills fans who cheered (at least silently...most were quite loud) when Mike Stratton gave the hardest tackle ever delivered by a Buffalo Bill against Keith Lincoln in the AFL championship game. I think I'll cut a guy a break for a statement like that during a game while a player is whupping your butt. However...if the Flutester were just in there for a show in a game out of reach I'd think it was quite rude and poor sportsterish...but hey...who said GM's have to be nice?

Nice. He is the President/GM representing a half billion dollar franchise. I would more from a President/GM.

Just so we're clear, Willis:

a.) If you were Jim Irsay, would you fire Bill Polian? Who would you replace him with?

b.) What do you make of Willis McGahee's character flaws?

If I were Irsay I would make it very clear how you act and what you say in public. Regarding Willis, I think he is an average running back and a complete moron.

This is a half billion dollar corporation.

So? What the hell does that have to do with anything? Don't ever sit near the sidelines or get employed in any type of competitive environment, your delicate sensibilities will likely cause your bowels to release when you hear the stuff that goes on when adults have emotional investment.

The NFL should hire more guys like you for the competition committee. The game isn't quite sterile enough.