Thoughts on Bill Polian

Willis990

... In closing Polian is truly an embarassment.

I take it you won't be in attendance when his name is added to the RWS Wall of Fame, then, most likely within the next five years or so?

Until then we'll just have to pretend he wasn't the best GM Buffalo ever had.

...and stop wishing he was still here, and try not to be insanely jealous of the championship team he built out in Hoosierland.

How come we always draw the short straw?

So? What the hell does that have to do with anything? Don't ever sit near the sidelines or get employed in any type of competitive environment, your delicate sensibilities will likely cause your bowels to release when you hear the stuff that goes on when adults have emotional investment.

The NFL should hire more guys like you for the competition committee. The game isn't quite sterile enough.

Willis, spend some time around traders on the floor of the NYSE. I know several who have gone on to run hedge funds and their own brokerage firms. $500 million is small potatoes to these people. The coarsest (and funniest) people you'd ever want to meet.

...and stop wishing he was still here, and try not to be insanely jealous of the championship team he built out in Hoosierland.

How come we always draw the short straw?

In a line of many terrible decisions made by Ralph Wilson, Polian's firing is the worst. We're STILL trying to overcome it. The fact that Marv remains so loyal to Bill should tell anyone with a clue just what kind of man he is.

Without Polian there are no four Super Bowl appearances. He told ol Ralphie, you gotta spend the money if you want to win. He wanted Kelly here to help propel the franchise in a better direction. He took on the media in Buffalo. So what if he wanted Flutie's legs broken. It's Polian's slight ruthlessness that helps him to turn programs around wherever he goes. I am glad he was part of the Super Bowl winning Colts. In all the time I have watched the Bills, not one person was more responsible for improving the product on the field than Bill Polian. He lit a fire under Ralphie's ass for a while and the Bills franchise had its best years.

:lol:

Without Polian there are no four Super Bowl appearances. He told ol Ralphie, you gotta spend the money if you want to win. He wanted Kelly here to help propel the franchise in a better direction. He took on the media in Buffalo. So what if he wanted Flutie's legs broken. It's Polian's slight ruthlessness that helps him to turn programs around wherever he goes. I am glad he was part of the Super Bowl winning Colts. In all the time I have watched the Bills, not one person was more responsible for improving the product on the field than Bill Polian. He lit a fire under Ralphie's ass for a while and the Bills franchise had its best years.

:lol:

Great post!! That's my eternal memory of him.

A real football guy running the operation after years of Ralph's bean counters directing the franchise from Detroit.

As you stated he built a championship caliber organization.