Marty Schottenheimer fired!

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems like they will have to go for a top notch coach who can pull that ship together.

I mean they are coming off a 14-2 season!!

What proven winners are out there?

1.Cowher

2. Parcells

3. Vermeil

4. Johnson

5. Reeves

6. Levy

7. Martz (to some degree)

Anyone else?

1...2...3..Maybe...4-7-No?

It seems like they will have to go for a top notch coach who can pull that ship together.

I mean they are coming off a 14-2 season!!

What proven winners are out there?

1.Cowher

2. Parcells

3. Vermeil

4. Johnson

5. Reeves

6. Levy

7. Martz (to some degree)

Anyone else?

Cowher - No, still under contract with Pissburgh. The Squeelers will want some nice compensation to release him

Parcells - No, he's through

Vermeil - No, same as Parcells

Johnson - See Parcells

Reeves - Possible

Levy - He did talk about getting back on the side line - possible

Martz - probably the best bet out of these 7

Are there Tunas in California? One would think that they wouldn't have let Cam leave if they were planning on booting Marty. How strange!

Very strange. We may never know the full story of this soap opera. And that's what it is.

Shottenheimer explicitly refused a contract extension weeks ago. The tension between Smith and Shot is legendary. Yet Smith gave Shot a vote of approval in January after the choke game against NE.

With both Wade and Cam gone, one can only one what transpired in San Diego. Did Shot approach Smith with some OC/DC options Smith didn't like? Did Smith and the brain trust decide now is the ideal time to break with Shot? One can only speculate.

Very strange. We may never know the full story of this soap opera. And that's what it is.

Shottenheimer explicitly refused a contract extension weeks ago. The tension between Spanos and Shot is legendary. Yet Spanos gave Shot a vote of approval in January after the choke game against NE.

With both Wade and Cam gone, one can only one what transpired in San Diego. Did Shot approach Spanos with some OC/DC options Spanos didn't like? Did Spanos and the brain trust decide now is the ideal time to break with Shot? One can only speculate.

Yeah- this blows my mind.

It is so rare and difficult to accumulate the talent they have in San Diego.

I always root for them because of the Butler/Smith connection. I hope they make the right choice.

Warning: The following Post contains a minor conspiracy theory

Here goes: It is a well known fact that AJ Smitch and Marty mix like oil and water. Could it be, that AJ smith is just a huge A-Hole and truly detests shottenheimer to the point that he had this all planned since they lost in the playoffs, only so that he could wait until no HC jobs existed anymore to fire him, thereby forcing him to take at least a year off. SOmething tells me that even though hes been in the gamea l ong time, that marty is very very hungry.

Flame away

Here goes: It is a well known fact that AJ Smitch and Marty mix like oil and water. Could it be, that AJ smith is just a huge A-Hole and truly detests shottenheimer to the point that he had this all planned since they lost in the playoffs, only so that he could wait until no HC jobs existed anymore to fire him, thereby forcing him to take at least a year off. SOmething tells me that even though hes been in the gamea l ong time, that marty is very very hungry.

Flame away

No....I think he would have kept Wade to be his coach.

Flame away

Possible and plausible.

14-2 and to dump the HC after so many assistants leave? Was there any thought given to keeping Shot to keep some sort of continuity going? This is a really &%@&-ed up situation.

Some names you will likely hear....

Norv Turner

Jim Fassel

Dennis Green

Mike Tice

Names you will not hear....

Mike Mularkey

Gregg Williams

I'm sure Mularkey's just whetting his appetite thinking he might want to be considered for the OC role in San Diego, after being demoted to TE coach by Cameron in Swampland. LT better bring a note pad to learn all of Dufus' gadget plays.

I'm sure Mularkey's just whetting his appetite thinking he might want to be considered for the OC role in San Diego, after being demoted to TE coach by Cameron in Swampland. LT better bring a note pad to learn all of Dufus' gadget plays.

Yeah..he can bring his buddy Brad Roll with him.

I don't think that AJ did it purposely but I do believe that he took great delight in jamming it to Marty. I think that there is alot of truth to the fact that their coaching staff pretty much got decimated and then these two can't stand each other. Too much dissension and not enough stability, something had to give and AJ has done one heck of a job. The proof is in the pudding, they got a great team with alot of depth. Marty is known for not being able to go all the way, not that I believe that that last game was his fault, but the players do have to make the plays and not crumble. I think that Spanos came to the realization that it would be better and easier to replace his coach rather than his GM. I also believe that when this decision was made, he already had somebody in mind for Marty's replacement. I would think that it's an established coach, someone like Parcells or a few other ones that were mentioned. I would think that the replacement will be announced by the weekend.

Cowher - No, still under contract with Pissburgh. The Squeelers will want some nice compensation to release him

Parcells - No, he's through

Vermeil - No, same as Parcells

Johnson - See Parcells

Reeves - Possible

Levy - He did talk about getting back on the side line - possible

Martz - probably the best bet out of these 7

[/quote

you forgot

8. Dennis Green.