Please take Dwayne Jarrett with the 12th pick......

CJPearl2

This guy will be a beast across from Lee Evans. He has NFL star written all over him.

We can't afford to draft another DT and "develop" him. We need to keep the guys we have or get a big DT in FA. OL can also be addressed this way. Therefore, our only choice with this pick is Jarrett. His will be a day one starter and will make our offense instantly legit.

Make it happen Marv!!

please dont come to me crying when this guy is making babies with every girl he finds and is talking about how he was confused the first time he came to Buffalo because he thought he was going to NYC and how he hates playing in the cold and thinks the team should move to L.A., his college town.

if he's not in jail...

This guy will be a beast across from Lee Evans. He has NFL star written all over him.

We can't afford to draft another DT and "develop" him. We need to keep the guys we have or get a big DT in FA. OL can also be addressed this way. Therefore, our only choice with this pick is Jarrett. His will be a day one starter and will make our offense instantly legit.

Make it happen Marv!!

I have no interest in the Bills using the 12th pick in the first round on Jarrett.

I'd rather have us resign Perry Tuttle.

Make it happen Marv!!

Mr. Millen, you should probably be worried about the Lions instead of posting on a Bills message board. :)

Is it the idea of taking a reciever in the 1st round that you all have a problem with, or is it Dwayne Jarrett personally? I don't follow college football all that closely, so I don't know too much about Jarrett other than the tremendous on-field ability and potential I've gathered from seeing him play a couple of times and from what I've read. Below is a post from another thread in which I explained, in my humble opinion, why I don't think Jarrett is such a bad option. If there's character issues, I wouldn't know about them, and maybe someone could give me the skinny on that. My humble opinions:

I'm all for improvement in the trenches, but I'm not sure how we'd apply that to the 12th overall pick. We all know we're set with Jason Peters, and I think most agree that Terrance Pennington has earned a starting role for next season. I think the board is about 50-50 on Fowler, but even if you don't like him, are you going to draft a center 12th overall? Or even a guard, undoubtedly our weakest O-line postion? I don't think thats the best way to help the team.

As for the defensive line, many look at the fact that our run defense was quite weak last year, and so want to draft a defensive tackle, and the leading candidate seems to be Okoye. I don't like this because Okoye would in all likelihood be replacing Tim Anderson in our DT rotation, leaving Kyle Williams as our only nose tackle on the roster! This is why I'd rather see us address DT through free agency with a solid nose tackle, namely Ian Scott of Chicago, who has experience playing for Dick Jauron in the cover 2. This would allow John McCargo to remain in the pass rushing DT position as he returns from injury. With he and Kyle Williams having a year of experience in both this league and this system under their belts, I'd expect to see noticeable improvement out of the two of them. Particularly with Williams bulking up a bit, giving him a better chance at holding the line of scrimmage consistently. Add cover 2 vets Larry Tripplett and Ian Scott into the rotation at the under tackle and nose tackle positions respectively and I think we'd see considerable improvement in the run defense.

Therefore, the only line position left on either side of the ball to consider in round 1 is DE, and this is the spot I'm most hoping the Bills address with the 12th pick, mainly because of the emphasis the cover 2 puts on generating a pass rush from the front 4. I'd let Chris Kelsay walk, and draft Gaines Adams if he's on the board. If not, I'd take Jamaal Anderson, who should be there.

But what if, for any number of reasons, they don't want to go DE with that 12th pick? Why not Dwayne Jarrett, or a linebacker? Picking Dwayne Jarrett in the 1st isn't showing a lack of commitment to the lines, its showing a recognition that the draft is more than one round and he might be the player on the board who can help our team the most. Because for our offense to take the next step forward, we must give Losman a 2nd consistent target in the passing game. I'd still rather have a DE, but I've got no problem with Dwayne Jarrett or a linebacker.

I wouldn't rule out a trade-down and a guard picked near the end of the 1st round, but whenever you talk about trading down, you have to remember it takes two to tango.

please dont come to me crying when this guy is making babies with every girl he finds and is talking about how he was confused the first time he came to Buffalo because he thought he was going to NYC and how he hates playing in the cold and thinks the team should move to L.A., his college town.

if he's not in jail...

the only thing picking Jarrett at 12 will prove is that its not only RBs that we can run out of town.
he's the type of wide-receiver that will feel he is justified in taking plays off if he isnt completely happy
very VERY immature and cocky. think of a cross between Keyshawn and Randy Moss. and he's very young.

:)

wow.

Is it the idea of taking a reciever in the 1st round that you all have a problem with, or is it Dwayne Jarrett personally? I don't follow college football all that closely, so I don't know too much about Jarrett other than the tremendous on-field ability and potential I've gathered from seeing him play a couple of times and from what I've read. Below is a post from another thread in which I explained, in my humble opinion, why I don't think Jarrett is such a bad option. If there's character issues, I wouldn't know about them, and maybe someone could give me the skinny on that. My humble opinions:

He's buddies with Snoop Dogg, if that doesn't scream character then I don't know what does anymore.

probably a great reason not to draft someone... :) :)

You are who you hang out with just ask Allen Iverson why he stopped rolling with his posse.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15441189/

my personal favorite quote:

He was acquitted of murder in 1996 following the death of an alleged gang member who was killed by gunfire from the vehicle Snoop Dogg was traveling in.

Sounds like people that Ralph and Marv and Dick really can relate to. Remember that one time when all three were rolling in Ralphs Taurus and that one guy was accidentally killed by gunfire coming from inside the car? WOW what a misunderstanding that was huh?

yeah I think I got it. I do wonder what you are basing any of that on, besides a few actions in the Rose Bowl.

i watched USC a lot this year and really dont recall a play that he didnt pass up flaunting/show-boating/dancing. he has never come off as anything less than a potential prime donna. i cant go back and recall EVERY play but after seeing more than a handful of games, he just screams off field problems. maybe he wont be, this is obviously all off-season BS-ing, but thats my opinion on the guy.

my comments were meant more towards everyone so willing to run willis out of town for a few indiscretions, yet want to draft someone with seemingly the same attitude.