A lot of interesting names could be getting cut.

Browns | Baxter will likely get cut

Sun, 11 Feb 2007 11:16:45 -0800

John Clayton, of ESPN.com, reports Cleveland Browns CB Gary Baxter will likely get cut this offseason.

Bengals | O'Neal could get cut

Sun, 11 Feb 2007 11:14:35 -0800

John Clayton, of ESPN.com, reports Cincinnati Bengals CB Deltha O'Neal could get cut this offseason.

Bills | Holcomb will likely get cut

Sun, 11 Feb 2007 11:12:29 -0800

John Clayton, of ESPN.com, reports Buffalo Bills QB Kelly Holcomb will likely get cut this offseason.

Vikings | Wiggins could get cut

Sun, 11 Feb 2007 11:59:37 -0800

John Clayton, of ESPN.com, reports Minnesota Vikings TE Jermaine Wiggins could get cut this offseason.

Vikings | Rosenthal could get cut

Sun, 11 Feb 2007 11:55:43 -0800

John Clayton, of ESPN.com, reports Minnesota Vikings OT Mike Rosenthal could get cut this offseason

Rams | Timmerman could get cut

Sun, 11 Feb 2007 12:04:13 -0800

John Clayton, of ESPN.com, reports St. Louis Rams OG Adam Timmerman could get cut this offseason.

John Clayton, of ESPN.com, reports Cincinnati Bengals CB Deltha O'Neal could get cut this offseason.

would love to have him did he have legal trouble cuz he would be nice to have, wat do u guys think of Wiggens i kno the fans in minnesotta love him

Wiggins was only good when they had culpepper really. Can be effective at times but isnt really the type of guy the bills need but we could use him for cheap.

As far as O'niel goes, he struggled in Denver and was temporarily converted to WR, then traded to teh Bengals where he has been hot/cold as I understand. THe guy is an athlete and loves to gamble to try to make the big play, so thats what you're dealing with on him.

For the right price he could be good in a cover 2 IMO. However, its likely that he'll probobly be seeking more than he is truly worth.

would love to have him did he have legal trouble cuz he would be nice to have, wat do u guys think of Wiggens i kno the fans in minnesotta love him

O'Neal got a DUI this season and I think was suspended for a game by Marvin Lewis. He's a pretty good corner though. Maybe he's a good guy that just had a little too much to drink? Maybe he's an !@#$ who doesn't care about the safety of others or himself? I'm not willing to pass judgement.

O'Neal got a DUI this season and I think was suspended for a game by Marvin Lewis. He's a pretty good corner though. Maybe he's a good guy that just had a little too much to drink? Maybe he's an !@#$ who doesn't care about the safety of others or himself? I'm not willing to pass judgement.

O'Neal was barely over the limit. IIRC it was one of those 3 beers in an hour type things...the charge may well be reduced.

He's not a chronic problem by any means. And yes, he was sat down for a game. Missed 3 other games due to injury - shoulder, I think.

I'd be surprised to see him get cut. Tory James is at the end of his career and he'll go, and that would leave Cin with last year's 1st rounder Jonathan Joseph as the lone '06 starter holdover.

Browns | Baxter will likely get cut

Sun, 11 Feb 2007 11:16:45 -0800

John Clayton, of ESPN.com, reports Cleveland Browns CB Gary Baxter will likely get cut this offseason.

Bold prediction, considering Baxter blew out both his knees or some such in the same, unlucky play last season...

What I'd like to read...

ESPN.com | Clayton could get cut

John Clayton, of ESPN.com, reports ESPN "reporter" John Clayton could get cut this offseason.

:)

That would only mean that he will die there....or maybe he already did b/c he does have shrucken head disease...

What I'd like to read...

ESPN.com | Clayton could get cut

John Clayton, of ESPN.com, reports ESPN "reporter" John Clayton could get cut this offseason.

:)

seriously, what the hell are Clayton's sources anyway?

guys an idiot

There's a common thread to all of these players: they're old and worn down, and in their best years were never better than moderately good.

I don't know if I'd include Deltha O'Neal in that statement. He's 2 years older than Nate. His stats are comparable to Clements, except O'Neal has been in 2 Pro Bowls, and has 30 ints compared to Nate's 23 ints.

Clements has played 1 less season, but more games...he's been remarkably injury-free, whereas O'Neal had ankle problems in '04 and a shoulder injury in '06 that he recovered from.

Bills | Holcomb will likely get cut

Sun, 11 Feb 2007 11:12:29 -0800

John Clayton, of ESPN.com, reports Buffalo Bills QB Kelly Holcomb will likely get cut this offseason.

Anyone think we could sign this guy as a decent backup, give some veteran depth to the position...?