Purchase of a Lennox furnace

LabattBlue

To those who either know a lot about the subject or have had a Lennox furnace installed recently...

My furnace blower motor is dying. I had two different contractors tell me that considering the age of the furnace(25 years or so), don't bother investing in the cost of a blower($300-400 contractor repair).

My question is...

I have an estimate for a Lennox G43 furnace installed for $2500. Does this sound reasonable? I'm not really interested in knowing if another type of furnace is a better deal(I like the Lennox brand name), just that I am not overpaying for the model I am looking at.

Thanks!!

To those who either know a lot about the subject or have had a Lennox furnace installed recently...

My furnace blower motor is dying. I had two different contractors tell me that considering the age of the furnace(25 years or so), don't bother investing in the cost of a blower($300-400 contractor repair).

My question is...

I have an estimate for a Lennox G43 furnace installed for $2500. Does this sound reasonable? I'm not really interested in knowing if another type of furnace is a better deal(I like the Lennox brand name), just that I am not overpaying for the model I am looking at.

Thanks!!

One thing to keep in mind is that the cost of installation varies greatly from area to area. The higher the cost of living in an area, the more expensive to install.

I can tell you that in the Twin Cities, it cost me $328 to get the igniter on my furnance replaced last month. Of course, a big chunk of that cost was the guy having to come out at 11:30pm on a Saturday night to do it. *sigh*

As always, get multiple estimates if you can - that's the only way to know for sure.

I'm a HUGE proponant of http://www.angieslist.com -- it's pretty cheap and comes in handy for stuff like this.

CW

My question is...

Thanks!!

kinda what you did not want to hear, but $2500 sounds awful dam good to me. Here in the good ole southland, friggen air pump cost ya $5,000.

My question is...

Thanks!!

I had a Lennox installed 12/05, about that same amount. Not sure about the model, but I can check if you are interested. I'm in WNY, and went with O'Donnell Heating and Cooling. They did a great job, and threw in a humidifier for free.

That sounds about right, though I'd rather have Trane. I'd check into them installing a whole house humidifier at the same time - mine cost a smidgen over $200 installed and is worth every penny. It's cheaper to have in installed WITH the furnace, because they give you the right controller.

Labatt, wait until April. That is when the new Conservative "EnerGuide" program kicks in. Details are still sketchy, but I believe that if you pay $300 for an energy audit, you will be entitle to receive money back on your purchase.

I was recently looking for a furnace. But instead, decided to completely tear down the house and build new.

But as mentioned, install a humidifer and possibly an air cleaner.

A decent place to get an estimate is Sears. They will send a guy out pretty quick. Not that I am recommending them, but they seem like one of the few companies that will actually come out and give you an estimate in Calgary. Things are that crazy.