Congrats Wade Phillips!!!

Wade got an 8-8 season out of a team that:

a.) Started a QB that never got another starting job

b.) Had a leading rusher with 591 yards

c.) Had an undrafted rookie playing in the 3rd WR spot, in his only real pro action, ever.

d.) Had a tight end who painted his nails before games

e.) Had just lost Thurman Thomas, Andre Reed, and Bruce Smith, replacing them with Jonathan Linton, Jeremy McDaniel, and Erik Flowers.

And for all that, he got them to post a top-10 offense, top-3 defense, with Joe Pendry ats his OC.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wade got an 8-8 season out of a team that:

a.) Started a QB that never got another starting job

b.) Had a leading rusher with 591 yards

c.) Had an undrafted rookie playing in the 3rd WR spot, in his only real pro action, ever.

d.) Had a tight end who painted his nails before games

e.) Had just lost Thurman Thomas, Andre Reed, and Bruce Smith, replacing them with Jonathan Linton, Jeremy McDaniel, and Erik Flowers.

And for all that, he got them to post a top-10 offense, top-3 defense, with Joe Pendry ats his OC.

Wow...excellent post. Makes me appreciate Wade even more. I also suspected that there was unhealthy micromanaging going on from the front office. When you add it up it seems Wade did a LOT with a little.

just like you said

maybe this is just what they need. some contrast. I like Wade, but the one thing that always sticks with me is the decision to start RJ over DF in Tennessee. It made no sense to me then and still makes no sense now. Flutie deserved it all year long, and inexplicably got benched before the biggest game of the season.

That is the most stupid argument against Wade....Wade never quit on us...Just because he said we had no chance to make the playoffs is not quitting...Sometimes, the HC has a very good idea of how good the team is.

If I recall correctly, what he actually said was something like this ... It doesn't matter who wins the game because neither team is going to make the playoffs.

The Colts won the game and went on to make the playoffs that year. That could have been us ... if Wade had not throw in the towel.

Jerry Jones may be a stuck up arrogant guy but I think he ultimately is a business man. TO is too mercurial and not many teams would prefer such a player compared to a more reliable performer. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if JJ has already thought about getting rid of TO. Maybe, just maybe, that could have been one of Wade's conditions before coming on board.

Sweet. Now maybe he can bench Romo after he clinches a playoff spot for a meaningless game and then start Bledsoe in the playoffs. :wallbash:

Wade is a good coach but that way that whole situation was handled still bothers me.

I would rather he reaches the Superbowl with Romo and then plays DB against us.

Jones will reassert himself as the "armchair" coach, meddling in Wade's decisions. No disrespect to Garrett, but he's already stuck Garrett on Wade as his OC. So much for a HC building your own team of coaches. I wouldn't be surprised if Jones has already told Wade that he's given Garrett "approval" to build his own team of offensive assistant coaches.

If I recall correctly, what he actually said was something like this ... It doesn't matter who wins the game because neither team is going to make the playoffs.

The Colts won the game and went on to make the playoffs that year. That could have been us ... if Wade had not throw in the towel.

What gives you the idea that he threw in the towel and did not coach the team...May be the Colts at home were just better than a team that was so horrible on the road.

And this might be just a set up to get Bill Cowher next year or the year after.....

Maybe, maybe not. Jones thinks highly of Garrett and likely sees him as the a likely replacement for 59 year old Wade after he retires (or resigns, or is canned).

I don't know if strong-minded Cowher would tolerate Jones' meddling.

Good luck Wade. I always liked Wade and thought he was very good. He did have a winning record. Dallas doesn't deserve such a good HC like Wade.

San Diego is really sucking wind now. They lost their OC, DC and the HC is lame duck.

We'll see now how well Chokenheimer is able to rebuild his coaching staff. SD is so much talent that even Pee Wee Herman as OC or DC might not screw it up for SD in '07. Then again, Chokenheimer is still the HC.

Wow, I figured he'd get another shot but I never thought it would be with the Cowboys. Wade Phillips and TO?

I'm surprised I haven't read the "Will he wear a headset?" post yet.

what was that big moan? The Dallas media!! Going for the Tuna to the Tongue Tied!!