Andre not in final six

Avalanche

Irvin used to push off the defensive backs all the time and it was hardly ever called. Other than that he was a good receiver, dont know if he was better than Monk or Reed. Of course he did have a lot of personal problems.

Irvin is the best reciever that I have watched- granted, I didn't see Rice in his prime

Irvin is the best reciever that I have watched- granted, I didn't see Rice in his prime

I think Irvin was extremely overrated. He only had more than 50 catches 8 times. Reed only had less than 50 catches three times -- once in Washington, once during the year he was injured, and once during his rookie year (he had 48 in his rookie year). His first three seasons he had 78 receptions TOTAL (Reed had 158 in his first three yeras). Reed finished with over 200 more receptions than Irvin. Reed also had over 500 yards rushing (Irvin had 6...)

No way was Irvin better than Reed.

CW

It's all about the media exposure and the rings for Irvin. I have no way of proving it here and now but I doubt many WR's or Cb's who played in Reed's era would think Irvin was nearly as good as him over the long haul.

It's all about the media exposure and the rings for Irvin. I have no way of proving it here and now but I doubt many WR's or Cb's who played in Reed's era would think Irvin was nearly as good as him over the long haul.

No question Irvin gets a HUGE boost due to the Rings and his current Job...But He was a hell of a good WR... I'm not sure where the idea that Irvin was not worthy, based on performance, comes from...Irvin is deserving, as is Monk and especially Dre because they were that good...The whole WR thing is a joke if you ask Me...A complete farce...The fact that these great WR's are being held back because one guy blows up the record books is a joke. Andre Reed is worthy and so what if Rice was the one guy that was better after the catch...That still makes Dre pretty darn special if You ask Me...And no one did by the way... :ph34r:

Anyway...I think Irvin is most definitely deserving based on His Play and hopefully Dre will follow shortly...I guess we'll see next Year... :wallbash:

let me rephrase. the first round of elimination votes today

1st round of votes took the list from 17 nominees to 11

2nd round of votes from 11 to 6

sorry about that,i didnt realize the formula,i thought you meant he was cut earlier....my bad