Rumor: Wilson wants Bills in Toronto

slothrop

This is for all you conspiracy theorists out there. First, there is NO BASIS IN FACT FOR THIS RUMOR!!!! I do not believe it myself. However, the rumor is an interesting topic for discussion and if true I will be joining a bigfoot search party:

The link is: Wilson has wanted to move bills from the start of the CBA mess.

Bills Rumors Circulating Around Internets

Written by Buffalowatchdog

Friday, 02 February 2007

Buffalo, NY - This e-mail is circulating it's way around the internet about the Buffalo Bills. And I like I said, It's nothing more than a rumor at this point...!!

The sad part though is that I can see a scenerio like this happening surrounding the Buffalo Bills in the future. Unfortunately if the Bills ever did move to Toronto, Buffalo would never again see a Professional Football team.

At a meeting Tom Golisano dropped a bombshell about the nefarious Ralph Wilson. Golisano claims that Wilson's intentions all along have been to move the Bills to Toronto. Stay with me on this......there are businessmen in Toronto that are ready to plunk down mega-millions for the Bills and move them there. Wilson already let the NFL know of this (Apparently they can't stop him either). Golisano & the people from Rich Products offered Wilson a similar financial package but Wilson demurred....when they offered him more, he demurred again...& said he wouldn't sell the team to them no matter how much they offered; it's not about money. Wilson wants it to be his legacy that he be the first person to bring international play to the NFL. Still with me..? There's more.... Not to be dismayed, TG went to the NFL & has an agreement that when the Bills move, they cannot take their name with them, ala Baltimore Colts/Ravens. After the move to TO, Buffalo will be granted an expansion franchise with the promise that they build a new stadium & sell it out for 5 consecutive years. (the NFL wants a franchise in Buffalo because it's one of the original teams & has history in the league) TG agreed to do this & will build a DOMED stadium on the waterfront in Buffalo with a capacity of 60,000. In addition, Buffalo will be granted a Super Bowl in the future. The caveat to this is that Buffalo will be without a football team for 3-4 years. The wheels are already in motion & no one can stop it. TG says that RW is playing the game right now..ie: crying the blues about money, saying enjoy the team while it's here, not signing/keeping star players, etc. Next year or possibly the year after the BIlls will be gone. Willis McGahee may have let the cat out of the bag with his recent TO talk in Penthouse. Star players don't want to come to B-lo because they know RW is a tight ass. TG also said that if he ran the team he will not be such a cheapskate & would turn things around in a hurry like he did with the Sabres.

This is for all you conspiracy theorists out there. First, there is NO BASIS IN FACT FOR THIS RUMOR!!!! I do not believe it myself. However, the rumor is an interesting topic for discussion and if true I will be joining a bigfoot search party:

Hey, 3 days ago just called and they are looking for your post..... Check the board there chief!!!

Hey, 3 days ago just called and they are looking for your post..... Check the board there chief!!!

sorry to run afoul of the messege board geeks code of ethics. geez.

BTW - I don't see the previous post (and I am not going to read every vaguely titled post, like "interesting," in order to find it.). Mods, you can delete if necessary.

You had me until the part where it said that the NFL would give Buffalo a Super Bowl.

Well, i don't believe the rumor either - just thought it was interesting.

IF TRUE (which I don't think it is) this would be great IMO. We erase all the donohoe mistakes in one fast swoop and get a new stadium downtown.

So, according to this rumor, Buffalo would have to build a new stadium and sell it out for 5 consecutive years in order to receive an expansion franchise. . . .

So if they only sell out 49/50 games during that time period, would the NFL force the new franchise to move or would they travel back in time, stop the expansion from ever happening, and thus retroactively remove any memory of the team from our collective minds? If Ashton Kutcher has taught us anything, it's that messing around with history like that can be dangerous.

Again, it doesn't check out. Why the new HD scoreboard and all, if this team is as good as gone. I mean, it wouldn't be the first time NYS messed up but that's a lot of money down the drain if there is not serious commitment from Wilson and the team to remain here.

See, that's the beautiful part of this. Wilson is really really pissed of at WNY and he wants to shaft the entire Niagra Frontier. What better way than spending 5.5M taxpayer dollars. Erie County :fyou says Ralph. Johnny Carson may make a comeback. There will be so many Buffalo jokes floating around late night TV, and Johnny was the master.

Again, it doesn't check out. Why the new HD scoreboard and all, if this team is as good as gone. I mean, it wouldn't be the first time NYS messed up but that's a lot of money down the drain if there is not serious commitment from Wilson and the team to remain here.

I can't believe i am defending the rumor. BUT, the new HD scoreboard means nothing. Erie County is mandated to give something like $3 million for capital improvements every year for the next 30 years. The Bills use that money for whatever they want.

See, that's the beautiful part of this. Wilson is really really pissed of at WNY and he wants to shaft the entire Niagra Frontier. What better way than spending 5.5M taxpayer dollars. Erie County :fyou says Ralph. Johnny Carson may make a comeback. There will be so many Buffalo jokes floating around late night TV, and Johnny was the master.

Actually Ralph wants the team to move to his home town of Detroit where they have not had professional football for many years.

Holy crap, I received a similar email just this morning!

To whom it may concern:

Recently, while dropping a deuce at Danny's Restaurant, who should walk in, but Ralph Wilson himself. Unfortunately for Mr. Wilson it was a full house at the time and he began to wait patiently right outside of my stall door. Suddenly his cell phone rings, and he answers by saying, "Hello David, how are you?" (for those of you who don't know, David Miller is the Mayor of Toronto) Ralph's voice begins to get quieter as they begin to discuss something about moving trucks and how much Ryder charges compared to Budget. I leaned forward at this point and put my ear to the crack in the door as I could not believe what I was hearing. At that very moment there was a flush from the stall next to me and a gentlemen exited. Ralph seeing his opportunity, promptly ended his call and entered the recently vacated space next to mine. After several moments of silence a noise erupted which could only be compared to the backfire of a 79 Ford Pinto. Not 10 seconds later a green vapor began to appear underneath our adjoining wall, slowly creeping towards my shoes. Needless to say I high tailed it out of there, pronto, and alerted my friends of the conversation I had overheard. RALPH IS MOVING THE FRIGGIN TEAM!

Sincerely,

John Soprano

Knock it off, Tyrone.

So, according to this rumor, Buffalo would have to build a new stadium and sell it out for 5 consecutive years in order to receive an expansion franchise. . . .

So if they only sell out 49/50 games during that time period, would the NFL force the new franchise to move or would they travel back in time, stop the expansion from ever happening, and thus retroactively remove any memory of the team from our collective minds? If Ashton Kutcher has taught us anything, it's that messing around with history like that can be dangerous.

Mail this concept to the writers of the X-Files, then ask them to work in the Cancer smoking man somehow.