Fletcher Snubbed by Pro Bowl 3x This Year

Whether he stays or goes, I'd love to see Fletcher go to a ProBowl. I know he wants it badly and his numbers warrant at least one appearance. Unfortunately he's in a conference that has made it a lock for Zack Thomas to go ever year even though Fletcher has better numbers, Ray Lewis to go or be an alternate because he's a showboater and when all else fails they send a hurt guy like Al Wilson from a high profile team like the Broncos. And when all else REALLY fails they send one of Ray Lewis's team mates!!

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AlaX...p&type=lgns

Whether he stays or goes, I'd love to see Fletcher go to a ProBowl. I know he wants it badly and his numbers warrant at least one appearance. Unfortunately he's in a conference that has made it a lock for Zack Thomas to go ever year even though Fletcher has better numbers, Ray Lewis to go or be an alternate because he's a showboater and when all else fails they send a hurt guy like Al Wilson from a high profile team like the Broncos. And when all else REALLY fails they send one of Ray Lewis's team mates!!

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AlaX...p&type=lgns

Yeah..well it will serve as motivation for him to perform even higher next year! Hope we can keep him if the price is right!

I'd say 130 tackles and 9.5 sacks and 2 INTs are better numbers than Fletcher's. In fact, rather extraordinary.

agree hart has a case to be made. but fletcher has more than 40 more tackles than lewis and wilson and comparable numbers in the other areas. it's time to get some new blood in there.

agree hart has a case to be made. but fletcher has more than 40 more tackles than lewis and wilson and comparable numbers in the other areas. it's time to get some new blood in there.

I'm a believer that Fletcher has been snubbed before, as well as at least understanding if not condoning the awarding of pro bowl berths for longstanding high caliber of play. But just going by this year, I didn't think Fletcher deserved it at all. He was pretty good if not very good against the pass but was pretty darn average fighting off blocks and making tackles anywhere near the LOS.

I'm a believer that Fletcher has been snubbed before, as well as at least understanding if not condoning the awarding of pro bowl berths for longstanding high caliber of play. But just going by this year, I didn't think Fletcher deserved it at all. He was pretty good if not very good against the pass but was pretty darn average fighting off blocks and making tackles anywhere near the LOS.

True, and if the Bills are to improve, maybe he must go. Certainly a classy guy, but somebody on the defense has to take the fall for the poor run defense and the middle linebacker is a big part of that.

True, and if the Bills are to improve, maybe he must go. Certainly a classy guy, but somebody on the defense has to take the fall for the poor run defense and the middle linebacker is a big part of that.

Sometims you gotta get by the defensive line to hit the middle linebacker. the term run stuffing defensive tackle comes to mind.

Lil help needed here.... name me more than 3 MLB's in the NFL who actually do, ahem, "shed blocks well"....

I'm talking about Guards coming free and getting out to the MLB.

Seriously, are there even 3?

I think our natural tendency is to elevate players we like, and we love Fletcher. He was/is a leader on the team. I would like nothing more than to see him play in Hawaii, but...take the blinders off and you see an average NFL MLB (IMO).

He is an average to slightly above average MLB. He is not in Pro Bowl territory. Actually, I think Schobel makes the Pro Bowl because of his sack numbers. Not sure he is in the top 5 DEs in the league. Numbers are half the game. Reputation is another 1/4 of the game, and team record is the final quarter of the game. Bart Scott is there because Baltimore is a good team. If the Bills were in the playoffs, I think Fletch would have gotten a sniff.

I think our natural tendency is to elevate players we like, and we love Fletcher. He was/is a leader on the team. I would like nothing more than to see him play in Hawaii, but...take the blinders off and you see an average NFL MLB (IMO).

That has absolutely nothing to do with the question I posed that you quoted.

That has absolutely nothing to do with the question I posed that you quoted.

Actually, it does, because I believed you were over valuing Fletcher, but that was obviously my error.

Here are three:

Brian Urlacher

Al Wilson

Ray Lewis

asked/answered

Actually, it does, because I believed you were over valuing Fletcher, but that was obviously my error.

Here are three:

Brian Urlacher

Al Wilson

Ray Lewis

asked/answered

Those are two of the 3 I was thinking of (I haven't seen Al Wilson enough to judge).

You can see my point though at least, no?

Who the hell is Bart Scott ? :wacko:

The Baltimore Ravens inside linebacker NOT named Ray Lewis, which means he doesn't get his picture on the cover of Sports Illustrated like "God's Linebacker" did earlier this season.

There's a nice, shiny board called Off the Wall that beckons you.

Meanie...

:o