Ed Reed just made a helluva play

Pete

It would be so great if we had a playmaker at safety.  Two of the best safetys(Ed Reed and Sean Taylor) are on right now.  They are fun to watch

64459[/snapback]

I saw Reed's td and his stuff of Portis on a blitz.

There was a good crop of 'em in the draft - which TD et al ignored. :doh:

not that i subscribe to the 20-20 hindsight school of drafting, but the bills could have had ed reed when they picked mike williams.

ed reed is the best FS in football. There are 6th round tackles outplaying big mike.

It would be so great if we had a playmaker at safety.  Two of the best safetys(Ed Reed and Sean Taylor) are on right now.  They are fun to watch

64459[/snapback]

Come on Pete...what do we need a FS for when we have that awesome 1/2 combo at HB?

Seriously, I'm pulling for Willis as much as the next guy, but there were 2 FS's who are Starting for pretty good Defenses available when we picked McGahee. Rashean Mathis in J-Ville and Ken Hamlin in Seattle are 2 pretty decent FS's the Bills could REALLY use right now...

But you know, hindsight and all... <_<

Come on Pete...what do we need a FS for when we have that awesome 1/2 combo at HB?

Seriously, I'm pulling for Willis as much as the next guy, but there were 2 FS's who are Starting for pretty good Defenses available when we picked McGahee. Rashean Mathis in J-Ville and Ken Hamlin in Seattle are 2 pretty decent FS's the Bills could REALLY use right now...

But you know, hindsight and all... <_<

64511[/snapback]

Dont forget we could of selected Roy Williams instead of Mike Williams also. Hindsight..... :doh:

not that i subscribe to the 20-20 hindsight school of drafting, but the bills could have had ed reed when they picked mike williams.

ed reed is the best FS in football. There are 6th round tackles outplaying big mike.

64500[/snapback]

I can't recall when the Bills drafted in the top round or two for a safety. They've acquired the likes of Kelso, Simpson etc., but it's as if they have some sort of genetic bias against safeties.

OTOH, they seem to feel that the Prevent defense is God's Gift, even though I wouldn't want to attempt to determine how many defeats it brought them thru the decades.

I can't recall when the Bills drafted in the top round or two for a safety. They've acquired the likes of Kelso, Simpson etc., but it's as if they have some sort of genetic bias against safeties.

64515[/snapback]

Traveras Tillman :doh:

Don't forget Glenn Lott or John Pitts. <_<

OTOH, they seem to feel that the Prevent defense is God's Gift, even though I wouldn't want to attempt to determine how many defeats it brought them thru the decades.

64515[/snapback]

We drafted Traveres Tillman in the second round. We were going safety all the way with that pick and Carolina picked a good one the pick before us- Deon Grant

<_<  Tavares, yes. 3 or 4 years ago.

Now John Pitts - that was in the 60's, right? I think he only lasted a short time. Dunno who Lott is.

64523[/snapback]

1 1 19 19 Tom Ruud LB Nebraska

2 2 16 42 Bob Nelson LB Nebraska

3 2 24 50 Glenn Loft DB Drake

4 4 24 102 Tom Donchez RB Penn State

5 5 11 115 John McCrumbly LB Texas A&M

6 7 10 166 Gil Chapman RB Michigan

7 7 18 174 Reggie Cherry RB Houston

8 7 19 175 Harry Banks DB Michigan

9 8 19 201 John Hill DT Duke

10 10 19 253 Roland Hooks RB North Carolina State

11 11 19 279 Tom Drake DB Michigan

12 12 19 305 Mark Johnson DE Missouri

13 13 19 331 Mark Dienhart T St. Thomas (MN)

14 14 19 357 Robert Evans WR Morris Brown

15 15 19 383 Chris Kupec QB North Carolina

16 16 18 408 Tom Fine TE Notre Dame

17 17 19 435 Jeff Turcotte DE Colorado

Drafted with a gimpy knee,

I don't think he ever played a down for the Bills. :doh:

2nd worst draft ever IMO, behind 2002.

1 1 22 22 John Pitts WR Arizona State

I never saw him play college ball, so I don't know about WR,

but he sure did suck at SS.

Dont forget we could of selected Roy Williams instead of Mike Williams also.  Hindsight..... <_<

64514[/snapback]

:doh: Believe me...I did not forget!

BTW...Carolina Drafted Grant (he left in Free Agency), but Travares Tillman is the #3 Safety for them now. And he's probably better than anything we have at FS...I watched him in Pre Season a lot, and he held up well. Plus, he must be a decent Player if he's on John Fox's Defense...

Anyway...