Ralph should hire a constultant now

jahnyc

RW should hire an independent consultant (i.e., Ron Wolff) now. We can't afford to wait until the end of the season because decisions, if made, will need to be made quickly. I know this can be quite costly, but considering all of the money RW has spent on players that are not playing as well as expected, it would be money well spent.

RW needs an honest, independent appraisal of this team; where it is now and where it will be next year.

Ralph should hire a constultant now

RW needs an honest, independent appraisal of this team; where it is now and where it will be next year.

Interesting.... remember who Kraft hired a few years back as a consultant?? :doh:

Yup.... It was none other than Marv...... :doh:

RW has much to consider and needs input from experienced people to make his decisions. For example, if TD goes, what happens to Modrak and the scouts that they have hired? What about Mularkey? He just signed a long-term deal. Would a new gm want his own guy? Would Ralph eat the remaining years on Mularkey's deal? I know I am way ahead of myself here, but there are significant ramifications as a result of our poor start.

TD is the team's President. He's going nowhere.

MM just coached his fourth game of an 80-game (5 yr) contract. He's here for awhile too.

You don't have to like it, you just have to accept it.

TD is the team's President.  He's going nowhere.

MM just coached his fourth game of an 80-game (5 yr) contract.  He's here for awhile too.

You don't have to like it, you just have to accept it.

64446[/snapback]

MM is going nowhere,

but I can see TD walking (not getting fired, but quitting)

if it gets too hot, especially if Ralph starts to meddle.

MM is going nowhere,

but I can see TD walking (not getting fired, but quitting)

if it gets too hot, especially if Ralph starts to meddle.

64474[/snapback]

See, that's just it. Ralph made TD the first person NOT named Ralph Wilson to be Pres of the Bills. He's old, he knows it, and he has publicly stated he doesn't want to be involved in the operation of the club.

I suppose TD could walk, but I'd bet that Ralph won't meddle.

See, that's just it.  Ralph made TD the first person NOT named Ralph Wilson to be Pres of the Bills.  He's old, he knows it, and he has publicly stated he doesn't want to be involved in the operation of the club.

I suppose TD could walk, but I'd bet that Ralph won't meddle.

64482[/snapback]

Before he came here, TD was aggressively sought by (I believe) both the Pats & Felons for a GM/front office position. He was a consultant with the Felons, but would not commit to a full-time position. It was a surprise to many when he signed with the Bills... the lure was definitely the President title, otherwise I don't think he would've come.

I don't doubt his current dedication to the organization, but I also don't doubt that he will walk if the heat gets too hot.

Explain why TD is going "nowhere" because he is president. Why does it matter if he is gm or gm and president? I understand that RW has ceded much of his authority to TD, but do you think that will insulate TD from being fired for the team's poor play?

I do agree with you about Mularkey. There is no way he will be fired with a five year contract.

Explain why TD is going "nowhere" because he is president.  Why does it matter if he is gm or gm and president?  I understand that RW has ceded much of his authority to TD, but do you think that will insulate TD from being fired for the team's poor play?

I do agree with you about Mularkey.  There is no way he will be fired with a five year contract.

64506[/snapback]

If you fire TD and bring in a new GM, chances are any GM worth his salt will want his own coach. Thus, no TD means no MM. Which also means that Ralph would be paying both TD and MM for NOT working. This is something Ralph has NEVER done very well (check out Wade Phillips for proof of that). Thus, neither TD nor MM are close to being shown the door.

They will both be here next year, and probably the year after that. Accept it.

If you fire TD and bring in a new GM, chances are any GM worth his salt will want his own coach. Thus, no TD means no MM. Which also means that Ralph would be paying both TD and MM for NOT working. This is something Ralph has NEVER done very well (check out Wade Phillips for proof of that). Thus, neither TD nor MM are close to being shown the door.

They will both be here next year, and probably the year after that. Accept it.

64543[/snapback]

OK, time to spring my latest 'nightmare scenario' on you people.

I believe Raplh will become incapacitated or die in the next few years.

If incapacitated, Ralph's scout daughter, Linda Bogdon, will take over the team. She will make Marge Schoutz(sp) look like Albert Einstien.

When Ralph dies, the daughters will sell the team. To whom? Well everyone points to Galisano. I doubt that he's interested for 660 million. Then who? No one in WNY.

The team will be packed up and shipped to LA or Toronto or Orlando, or San Antonio...anyplace with a few billionaires itching to spend. Maybe the Bills will be playing in Bentonville, Ark.

I'll bet it won't be in Buffalo. So take in the Ralph Wilson Stadium experience in your next visits. It's just about over.

OK, time to spring my latest 'nightmare scenario' on you people.

I believe Raplh will become incapacitated or die in the next few years.

If incapacitated, Ralph's scout daughter, Linda Bogdon, will take over the team.  She will make Marge Schoutz(sp) look like Albert Einstien.

When Ralph dies, the daughters will sell the team.  To whom?  Well everyone points to Galisano.  I doubt that he's interested for 660 million.  Then who?  No one in WNY.

The team will be packed up and shipped to LA or Toronto or Orlando, or San Antonio...anyplace with a few billionaires itching to spend.  Maybe the Bills will be playing in Bentonville, Ark.

I'll bet it won't be in Buffalo.  So take in the Ralph Wilson Stadium experience in your next visits.  It's just about over.

64553[/snapback]

You might be right. You might be wrong. Truth is, no one knows. So why waste one second worrying about it?

First off, Ralph's wife will inherit the Bills when he dies and they are not moving anywhere.

Second off, apparently nobody heard Ralph's comments on SportsExtra tonight. It's still his team and he has spoken. He is SICK of the so-called "Smashmouth" football the Bills have been trying to play. He wants the offense to open up and thought that would have happened against the Jets. He was PO'd at the game plan. He said he talks to all the coaches including Mularkey every week at was not happy with the result today. He said "We're 0-3, if Bledsoe throws it downfield and it's intercepted and returned for a TD, we're 0-4. So what?, open it up"

When Ralph starts speaking to the media and says he is unhappy, someone is gone. It's been his team for 45 years and it still is now. He calls the shots. Make no mistake about that. Someone is going either to the bench, a new team or the unemployment line.

First off, Ralph's wife will inherit the Bills when he dies and they are not moving anywhere.

Second off, apparently nobody heard Ralph's comments on SportsExtra tonight. It's still his team and he has spoken. He is SICK of the so-called "Smashmouth" football the Bills have been trying to play. He wants the offense to open up and thought that would have happened against the Jets. He was PO'd at the game plan. He said he talks to all the coaches including Mularkey every week at was not happy with the result today. He said "We're 0-3, if Bledsoe throws it downfield and it's intercepted and returned for a TD, we're 0-4. So what?, open it up" 

When Ralph starts speaking to the media and says he is unhappy, someone is gone. It's been his team for 45 years and it still is now. He calls the shots. Make no mistake about that. Someone is going either to the bench, a new team or the unemployment line.

64588[/snapback]

I missed those comments. Damn, would have liked to see it too.

But I still don't see Ralph firing TD this season (or next) and he certainly won't fire MM (I mean, come on, it's only been 4 games, you have to give a rookie coach more time than that).

I think he is just trying to fire MM up with his comments. Could be wrong, but I just don't see there being any major shakeups in the front office or coaching staff this season (coordinators don't count)

64588[/snapback]

I'm actually happy to hear that. Sounds like some folks will be on the carpet today, trying to explain this mess.