Is it a coincidence that the Giants...

.. with a questionable offensive line and an immobile quarterback - arguably Buffalo's two biggest weaknessness - is 4-1 with an experienced NFL head coach versus the 0-4 Bills, who hired yet another "up and coming" coordinator?...

The Bills should have let another team take a chance on discovering the next great wunderkind, and hired a coach who has been there before...

Guest Guest_eyedog_*

TD can't hire an experienced coach with a strong personality. Because that guy would stand up to him, you know like Cower did in Pitt. And you saw how that played out. He likes to hire first timers who are thankful that TD gave them the job.

When Warner is healthy - which he wasn't the last couple years - he has a very quick release. In that sense, him and Bledsoe are night and day.

People have really bad memories. When he was with the Rams, he could stand in the pocket and deliver a strike in the face of pressure like nobody I'd ever seen since maybe Dan Fouts. That's just a good FA pickup by the Giants, and dare I say, he should still be the QB in St. Louis; Bulger's nice comeback today not withstanding.

I saw that game, the G-men looked damn good.

I've said many times that I wanted Coughlin to coach the Bills,

too bad we didn't have a chance to get him.

One more thing:

based on how Coughlin's turned the Giants around,

I'm very glad we didn't hire Fassel. :doh:

I saw that game, the G-men looked damn good.

I've said many times that I wanted Coughlin to coach the Bills,

too bad we didn't have a chance to get him.

One more thing:

based on how Coughlin's turned the Giants around,

I'm very glad we didn't hire Fassel. :doh:

64262[/snapback]

I'm not going to argue that the Giants haven't looked far superior to the Bills, they have. However, making an assessment of coaching hires after 5 weeks probably isn't the wisest thing to do. The Giants could tank this season and the Bills could slowly improve. The Giants could get off to a 0-5 start next season and the Bill could get off to a 4-1 start....who would you say was the better coaching hire at that point?

Let's see how this plays out for Mularky before we call him a lame duck coach. I know it's been stated before, but Gibbs lost his first 5 games as a head coach and he turned out okay.

I'm not going to argue that the Giants haven't looked far superior to the Bills, they have.  However, making an assessment of coaching hires after 5 weeks probably isn't the wisest thing to do.  The Giants could tank this season and the Bills could slowly improve.  The Giants could get off to a 0-5 start next season and the Bill could get off to a 4-1 start....who would you say was the better coaching hire at that point?

Let's see how this plays out for Mularky before we call him a lame duck coach.  I know it's been stated before, but Gibbs lost his first 5 games as a head coach and he turned out okay.

64311[/snapback]

Yes well, I think it's a stretch putting mike fricking mularkey in the same league as Gibbs.

I'm not going to argue that the Giants haven't looked far superior to the Bills, they have.  However, making an assessment of coaching hires after 5 weeks probably isn't the wisest thing to do.  The Giants could tank this season and the Bills could slowly improve.  The Giants could get off to a 0-5 start next season and the Bill could get off to a 4-1 start....who would you say was the better coaching hire at that point?

Let's see how this plays out for Mularky before we call him a lame duck coach.  I know it's been stated before, but Gibbs lost his first 5 games as a head coach and he turned out okay.

64311[/snapback]

No, I'd still rather have Coughlin,

but I said I'd give MM a year,

I'm definitely not bailing on him after only 4 games.

Yes well, I think it's a stretch putting mike fricking mularkey in the same league as Gibbs.

64319[/snapback]

Well, it depends if you're comparing him to the Gibbs coaching today or the Gibbs coaching a decade ago. :doh: