Cato June

el Tigre

I thought I heard on ESPN yesterday that Indy LB Cato June is a free agent this off season. Can anyone confirm this? The guy is a bad ass. If TKO or Crowell could make the move to MLB,you could sign June to play the weak side. That would be a definite upgrade over Fletcher.

I thought I heard on ESPN yesterday that Indy LB Cato June is a free agent this off season. Can anyone confirm this? The guy is a bad ass. If TKO or Crowell could make the move to MLB,you could sign June to play the weak side. That would be a definite upgrade over Fletcher.

I'd rather spend the $$$ on keeping Clements and Thomas in the secondary

We should have enough money to do both. I think Fletcher is gone so we will need another LB. Obviously Briggs would be great,but June is a name I haven't seen brought up here and he's very good also.

Neither is going to happen. A team like Cleveland would grab Thomas, he knows there system and they are way under the cap there. Buffalo has no shot at Thomas. Nate maybe but I doubt that too.

Neither is going to happen. A team like Cleveland would grab Thomas, he knows there system and they are way under the cap there. Buffalo has no shot at Thomas. Nate maybe but I doubt that too.

Now Ralph is too cheap to even re-sign Kiwaukee Thomas? Man, this is going to be a rough year.

Theoretically the nickel position is where they might want to be developing their younger players like Youboty and/or possibly an '07 draft pick instead of re-signing Thomas. Otherwise, their less-attractive option is to throw the younger guys in at the 1 and 2 positions for experience. This may be the only course of action if Clements or another FA aren't signed.

Plus, they may look to Greer to step up into a bigger role. It's getting to the point in his career where he either performs at a high level or we cut-bait.

Theoretically the nickel position is where they might want to be developing their younger players like Youboty and/or possibly an '07 draft pick instead of re-signing Thomas. Otherwise, their less-attractive option is to throw the younger guys in at the 1 and 2 positions for experience. This may be the only course of action if Clements or another FA aren't signed.

Plus, they may look to Greer to step up into a bigger role. It's getting to the point in his career where he either performs at a high level or we cut-bait.

Matt,

That is my thinking as well....you will probably see Yobuty fill K. Thomas role

It will be interesting to see how they work this out.....I just pray that OL and DL upgrades are in the equation.....

I don't understand why everyone is sooo enamored with Cato June, sure he has above average pass coverage capabilities, but he's an absolute liability in the run game. Toooo many missed tackles and too often caught out of position.

I don't understand why everyone is sooo enamored with Cato June, sure he has above average pass coverage capabilities, but he's an absolute liability in the run game. Toooo many missed tackles and too often caught out of position.

This is my impression as well. I obviously haven't watched the film on him for the whole year, but it seems like every time I watched the Colts, I noticed him whiffing on tackles and being caught out of position. Then again, this could be just as much a symptom of the whole crappiness of the Colts Run D over the year, but it certainly did not leave me with a glowing impression of him overall.

Cato June is not the answer. IMHO he's way too small for his position and cannot be effective unless he has monster DT's in front of him. Decent guy, but no better than Fletcher.

You haven't been watching indy for the past few years have you? Cato June is an olb for indy. There are never "monster dt's" in front of him. He excells in coverage 10 ints in the past 3 years. and he's a pretty good tackler as well averaging 118 tackles in the past 3 seasons. He'd be a good addition for our defense seeing how we play the tampa 2. Would also be much cheaper then lance briggs

This is my impression as well. I obviously haven't watched the film on him for the whole year, but it seems like every time I watched the Colts, I noticed him whiffing on tackles and being caught out of position. Then again, this could be just as much a symptom of the whole crappiness of the Colts Run D over the year, but it certainly did not leave me with a glowing impression of him overall.

:yeahthat:

every game i saw of the colts he was missing tackles left and right.

he is fast though. :shrug: