What is the name of the backup RB in San Diego

It's not going to happen because once Marty is fired, AJ Smith will hire Marv as the new head coach in San Diego, and there is no way Marv let's him go because he's going to get rid of LT, who will follow Marty to Miami where his son will run the offense.

Have you not been paying attention?

It all depends on the level they tender him at. It could be any where from a fifth, lowest level, to a first middle level or a first and a third. I wouldn't be shocked at all to see Marv sign him to an offer sheet if it only costs a fifth. He signed Reggie Wells last year to an offer sheet that cost us a fifth. The only problem is I don't think the Bills have a fifth rounder because of the Hargrove trade.

maybe he can put on weight and play guard. I suspect we'd be better off getting us some help on the line or at cornerback or middle linebacker if we lose clements and fletcher. Maybe we can go with him and another wide receiver, and we can all kinds of wide receivers and running backs sitting on the bench while our first stringers and quarterbacks get knocked on their friggin asses behind the line of scrimmage.

I look at Michael Turner and the see a very good RB excelling as the result of playing behind the game's deadliest weapon. I would never burn a 1st rounder on him and I'd balk at a 2nd rounder if his contract demands will be huge. This league is littered with never-were RBs who looked great in a part-time role but couldn't cut it as the #1 guy. Having the luxury of an opponent game-planning for a different RB makes your job as a backup a bit easier and when that guy is Ladanian Tomlinson, it's tremendous.

Not saying that he couldn't be a very good back in this league. But with the shelf-life on RBs what it is, I wouldn't roll the dice on someone who has already put on a decent amount of mileage and has never been the man. This is not to say I wouldn't want him, but I believe his price will be far too great for what his eventual value will become.

A total of 7 pass receptions over 3 years and playing in 43 games.
I think that is more of a result of Tomlinson being such a great receiver out of the backfield. Remember LT caught over 100 balls a few years back. Kind of hard to show off your receiving skills when you play behind a guy like that. I think Turner could be a very good starter in this league but if guys like Alexander and Edge can't fetch a 1st round pick, I don't think I'd give up a 1st for an unproven commodity.

I guess that OL was dissed when it came to All-Pro voting... ;)

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nf...-pro-team_x.htm

I havn't been following the probowl voting, but isn't the probowl more a popularity contest more than talent ? But in my opinion the San Diego OL is the best in football. Would you disagree ? Which OL is better ? The San Diego RB's usually are 10 yards downfield before any contact is made on them.

I havn't been following the probowl voting, but isn't the probowl more a popularity contest more than talent ? But in my opinion the San Diego OL is the best in football. Would you disagree ? Which OL is better ? The San Diego RB's usually are 10 yards downfield before any contact is made on them.

Which is a great reason for us....with so much cap space & needy for OG help....to be looking closly at Kris Dielman since he will be a FA this year. ;)