Former Buffalo Bill set to become New Raiders coach

aeb16428

I am kind of surprised Haslett wasn't given some consideration for this job...much as I don't like him as a Bills potential coach, I think he would do well in Oakland...

I hope Lofton isn't in over his head, but you never know. Maybe Davis is thinking he has to bring in someone who can light a fire under the ass of what should be a pretty good receiving corp.

Someone said, and I can't remember who, Oakland is the one job in the NFL that first time coaches might be better off "just saying no" to. Godspeed James!

wow, that was totally out of left field. Good for him. I'm glad Lofton finally got a chance and i hope he does well. He has a real big mess but if he somehow fixes their problems, he might be called the next genius coach. But.... the downside is like someone said, he might never get another chance if he has major stuggles. But i think he'll be just fine.

Apparently Lofton has backed off of statements that his hiring was iminent. Also reported today that Denny Green turned down an interview request in Oakland.

Part of me hopes Lofton gets his shot, and another part hopes that he stays as far away from that mess as possible.

Looks like Lofton removed himself from consideration:

In a related matter, San Diego Chargers wide receivers coach and Hall of Fame member James Lofton, who met earlier this week with Oakland officials, withdrew his name from consideration for the job.

Who in their right mind would take this job?