New England Patriots

Through the early nineties the BILLS were the team of the AFC East to beat. Yes, they went to four Superbowls. Yes, they lost all four. Eventually players were traded, retired, released, and so forth. The thing that hurt them most was losing their star coach. Marv kept finding ways to keep them together and seemed on top of their game. Fast forward to Y2K and the forth coming of the New England Patriots. A team that is headed by a great quarterback that also wears #12. Their success also comes from the man that coaches them. It seems if you have a good coach and a good quarterback you are good to go. I'd like to know what Bill B. in New England has that the players buy into. It seems he finds smart talent and gets them to work together, year after year after year. My real question here is how long can it last, and secondly how many other teams have built on this approach?

I really do think NE's time is just about out. Their LBS are slow. The gap in talent wise between NE & the rest of the division is closing. I really think the bills have the foundation in place to make a run at them next year. Unfortunately with Brady as qb & Billy boy as the HC, they will always be in contention year in & year out. I think bak to the yankees & their runs in the late 90's, I thought noone would ever beat them. Then they lost some key players & now they are fighting to regain that chemistry. Remember, once you loose the chemistry & magic, it is very difficult to get it back. Noone fears playing the bombers in the playoffs anymore.

Amazing stat, Caldwell caught 11 passes ALL YEAR, in 2 playoff games he has caught 21!! Kinda reminds me like Brosious hitting 218 the year before coming to the yanks & then batting like 300.

I really do think NE's time is just about out. Their LBS are slow. The gap in talent wise between NE & the rest of the division is closing. I really think the bills have the foundation in place to make a run at them next year. Unfortunately with Brady as qb & Billy boy as the HC, they will always be in contention year in & year out. I think bak to the yankees & their runs in the late 90's, I thought noone would ever beat them. Then they lost some key players & now they are fighting to regain that chemistry. Remember, once you loose the chemistry & magic, it is very difficult to get it back. Noone fears playing the bombers in the playoffs anymore.

Amazing stat, Caldwell caught 11 passes ALL YEAR, in 2 playoff games he has caught 21!! Kinda reminds me like Brosious hitting 218 the year before coming to the yanks & then batting like 300.

People have been saying this for 5 years. Over that span, the Bills have beten them ONCE.

That's what all the sour grapes are about. They've owned us.

People have been saying this for 5 years. Over that span, the Bills have beten them ONCE.

That's what all the sour grapes are about. They've owned us.

It has got to end some time. I keep telling myself that every year.

I agree. People oversimplfy the Pats by saying it's all Brady and Belichick. They are a great team, top to bottom and have been for years. IMO, you're going to see some future HoF from that team that nobody talks about now.

But they are starting to get old. The Pats were not worldbeaters this year. They really should have lost that game yesterday. It might not be next year but they are going to slip sometime in the near future. Hopefully, the Bills will be able to take advantage of it.

They draft well and do not overpay players or FAs. They are willing to let people walk if they think the cost is too high. They do not keep players around that can no longer preform. They would rather release a player a year earlier than a year late.

This is what free agency has brought to the NFL, players can no longer retire from a team. The salary cap has ended those dreams. Just think NE has only 2 firsts 1 second, 3 third and 2 fourths and 2 sixth and seventh round choices in next years draft.

Actually, he caught 61 passes for 760 yards this year

But yeah, the point still stands that tom brady is simply amazing.