Personal foul?

Ramius

i'm still wondering how the hell daniel graham hitting florence causes florence to get a personal foul. at the least they should have been offsetting. But thats a joke to just give it to SD, especailly after the fumble.

i'm still wondering how the hell daniel graham hitting florence causes florence to get a personal foul. at the least they should have been offsetting. But thats a joke to just give it to SD, especailly after the fumble.

I hate the Patsies and they get all the calls, including ones they don't deserve but IMO that was clearly the right call. Florence was totally in the wrong and started the entire thing. He taunted Graham AND he headbutted him. If Florence just came up to Graham and Graham just shoved him away it would have been a no call either way, but he taunted AND headbutted, without provocation that anyone could see. That was ALL on Florence.

Rivers flopped. He barely got touched. It was a good try by him but it wasn't a personal foul at all.

Yeah, it was a dive. However, the Pats play DID hit Rivers helmet-to-helmet (lightly). If the Chargers did that to Brady (or we do it to anyone) it'd be a flag...

Also, on the last spike (before the failed field goal attempt), the Pats jumped offside, no flag.

Rivers flopped. He barely got touched. It was a good try by him but it wasn't a personal foul at all.

Its not so much that they didnt throw the flag, because rivers did flop. what pissed me off is that if Brady had been bumped and flopped like that, 15 flags would have been tossed.

Its not so much that they didnt throw the flag, because rivers did flop. what pissed me off is that if Brady had been bumped and flopped like that, 15 flags would have been tossed.

That I agree with. But I even think the Pat DT was somewhat blocked into Rivers and still barely touched him. At least that was the right call.

Did the Pats recover the ball?

I thought San Diego recovered the fumble. The personal foul was obviously post-possession, so it should have been San Diego's ball. But, somehow, some ref pulled a "tuck rule" out of his orifice or something.

"Everyone loves the Patriots and can't wait to see Tom Terrific win more Super Bowls."

Florence head-butted Graham. Graham didn't head-butt Florence.

Seems pretty straightforward.

well that call certainly went against the pats - how the officials missed that facemask by LT i'll never know

I thought the officials' explanation made sense - Tomlinson's hand was on Colvin's facemask, but he wasn't grasping it.

Rivers spikes the ball, gets hit by NE, and guess what???

NO FLAG!!!

The NE player was blocked into Rivers.

I thought San Diego recovered the fumble.

You thought wrong:

3-13-SD29 (4:30) (Shotgun) T.Brady sacked at SD 36 for -7 yards (S.Phillips). FUMBLES (S.Phillips), touched at SD 37, recovered by NE-M.Light at SD 37. M.Light to SD 33 for 4 yards (L.Castillo).

PENALTY on SD-D.Florence, Unnecessary Roughness, 15 yards, enforced at SD 33.

The personal foul was obviously post-possession, so it should have been San Diego's ball. But, somehow, some ref pulled a "tuck rule" out of his orifice or something.

Either that, or they were actually paying attention and realized that the Patriots retained possession.

Yes, I wasn't paying attention. It was only the Patriots, afterall. Thanks for the polite response.

i was speaking with a friend yesterday, a 'skins fan. he was mentioning the penalty trend that seems to nudge the pats in the right direction, unsolicited by me. he mentioned specifically the personal foul on the p.a.t. after the chargers went up by 8. this gave the pats a 15 yard bennie on the ensuing kickoff. i recall being surprised at the call---a couple of linemen pushing back and forth. i can't specifically recall it---but my recollection is it was the kind of after-play scrum you see routinely.

anyone remember it? IF i'm correct ,it seems like an odd time to call a penalty for something like that. again--is it a push in the pats favor?