I join Willis in wanting the Bills to play in Toronto

Pyrite Gal

Okay, stop hyperventilating for a moment (if you are) and read.

The model for this is the effort the NFL is msking to earn nickels and dimes by having the Fins host a game somewhere in Europe.

The theory would be that the NFL has a strategy of expanding their game into new markets to try to sell more items to a fan base which aware of but may not have had the full NFL experience.

Under this scenario, by having the Bills play in Toronto in ONE of these games into foreign markets, you not only bring the mountain to Mohammed is bringing the NFL experience to the doorstep of millions of Toronto sports fans who right now follow the Maple Leafs and the CFL Argos, but you would expose them to the Bills who actually are within spitting distance of Toronto if the choose to go across the border to the Ralph to see more games.

Even better for the NFL bucj making strategy, this game in Toronto is bound to attrack tons of corporate interest for getting eyeballs to see your product by your being a sponsor of that game. By having the Bills be a participant in this game, you give a great introduction to the Bills marketing staff to these Toronto based corporations and may get more new potential ad buyers at the Ralph than Tim Hortons.

To me this is a fine idea for Bills fans as it not only would likely guarantee another date on TV (even if you applied blackout rules for this as a homedate which is not impossible or even hard to reach for Bills fans to go to a soldout Toronto game- for example if we were playing some team like AZ at home late in the season unless the game had homefield playoff implications for the Bills it would be a difficult sell, but if this game were in Toronto it would likely sell out.

The real advantage for the Bills and Buffalo fans however would come if the Bills played in Toronto, but rather than making it one of the Bills homedates you actually make it homedate for the opponent like a Seattle, Denver, KC or SD.

If you do this, you actually still get the one-timer sellout to Canadians for this novelty game, you help the Bills cash stream by not complicating their season ticket package by really only offering 7 dates (as I am sure the Fins are doing with their packages next season as their season ticketholders are not going to be required to by a ticket to a game in Europe, likewise, even though many Bills fans will head to Toronto for a game, the season ticket package for the Bills that year if they played a homedate in Toronto, would still at least have to have the option of folks only buying 7 games in their season ticket package as likely the game would sellout to Canadian buyers anyway and customers are not going to be required to drive 2 hours for a game that the Buffalo contingent normally drive half an hour to attend or even worse given the Bills regional marketing strategy between Erie and Syracuse a number of season ticket holders would be asked to drive 4 hours one way to the game instead of 2. It seems quite doubtful that a Bills homedate in Toronto would be part of the package and it could well be a Bills homedate in Toronto would cost the team in immediate dollars even if it increased longer term ad sales.

However, of the game was an away date for the Bills, they not only get the usual gate receipts from an away date, but even better, enough of the Bills faithful would show up and many Canadians would be predisposed to root for the Bills instead of AZ or whomever AND in essence the Bills would have 9 home games that season as we would practice and players would live at home for the game.

Thus, I totally join with what I read WM as advocating that the NFL invade the Canadian market with the Bills and if this was done as one of our away games and we got to play a west coast game in our timezone it would be all to our advantage.

Pyrite gal is an idiot!

Pyrite Gal is a prima donna!

Pyrite Gal probably went to the U!

Pyrite Gal probably has 8 baby mommas!

Pyrite Gal doesnt hit holes hard enough!

Pyrite Gal doesnt want to be in buffalo!

Pyrite Gal hates the bills!

Pyrite Gal is going to hold out this offseason and ask for a ton of money!

Pyrite Gal thinks hes the best poster on the internet!

We need to start A-train over pyrite gal!

There, that should about cover it.

The model for this is the effort the NFL is msking to earn nickels and dimes by having the Fins host a game somewhere in Europe.

I have to admit to having had a bit of a crush on you but my feelings are now wavering. I am not in favor of the Bills playing anywhere but Buffalo. If they do, are you serious about Canada?

Do you know what they have in Canada? Canadians. :bag:

Like we really need more of them showing up at games.

I have to admit to having had a bit of a crush on you but my feelings are now wavering. I am not in favor of the Bills playing anywhere but Buffalo. If they do, are you serious about Canada?

Do you know what they have in Canada? Canadians. :w00t:

Would you prefer 9 home games or 8 home games.

I prefer 9 and the Bills playing one of their west coast opponent on the road with them being the "host" in a foreign country in Toronto would be great for the Bills IMHO.

Pyrite gal is an idiot!

Pyrite Gal doesnt hates the bills!

Now starting A-Train instead of me is uncalled for.

Pyrite gal is an idiot!

Pyrite Gal hates the bills!

Travis Henry thinks we should play in Buffalo

The theory would be that the NFL has a strategy of expanding their game into new markets to try to sell more items to a fan base which aware of but may not have had the full NFL experience.

Under this scenario, by having the Bills play in Toronto in ONE of these games into foreign markets, you not only bring the mountain to Mohammed is bringing the NFL experience to the doorstep of millions of Toronto sports fans who right now follow the Maple Leafs and the CFL Argos, but you would expose them to the Bills who actually are within spitting distance of Toronto if the choose to go across the border to the Ralph to see more games.

Even better for the NFL bucj making strategy, this game in Toronto is bound to attrack tons of corporate interest for getting eyeballs to see your product by your being a sponsor of that game. By having the Bills be a participant in this game, you give a great introduction to the Bills marketing staff to these Toronto based corporations and may get more new potential ad buyers at the Ralph than Tim Hortons.

To me this is a fine idea for Bills fans as it not only would likely guarantee another date on TV (even if you applied blackout rules for this as a homedate which is not impossible or even hard to reach for Bills fans to go to a soldout Toronto game- for example if we were playing some team like AZ at home late in the season unless the game had homefield playoff implications for the Bills it would be a difficult sell, but if this game were in Toronto it would likely sell out.

The real advantage for the Bills and Buffalo fans however would come if the Bills played in Toronto, but rather than making it one of the Bills homedates you actually make it homedate for the opponent like a Seattle, Denver, KC or SD.

If you do this, you actually still get the one-timer sellout to Canadians for this novelty game, you help the Bills cash stream by not complicating their season ticket package by really only offering 7 dates (as I am sure the Fins are doing with their packages next season as their season ticketholders are not going to be required to by a ticket to a game in Europe, likewise, even though many Bills fans will head to Toronto for a game, the season ticket package for the Bills that year if they played a homedate in Toronto, would still at least have to have the option of folks only buying 7 games in their season ticket package as likely the game would sellout to Canadian buyers anyway and customers are not going to be required to drive 2 hours for a game that the Buffalo contingent normally drive half an hour to attend or even worse given the Bills regional marketing strategy between Erie and Syracuse a number of season ticket holders would be asked to drive 4 hours one way to the game instead of 2. It seems quite doubtful that a Bills homedate in Toronto would be part of the package and it could well be a Bills homedate in Toronto would cost the team in immediate dollars even if it increased longer term ad sales.

However, of the game was an away date for the Bills, they not only get the usual gate receipts from an away date, but even better, enough of the Bills faithful would show up and many Canadians would be predisposed to root for the Bills instead of AZ or whomever AND in essence the Bills would have 9 home games that season as we would practice and players would live at home for the game.

Thus, I totally join with what I read WM as advocating that the NFL invade the Canadian market with the Bills and if this was done as one of our away games and we got to play a west coast game in our timezone it would be all to our advantage.

:w00t: Its been posted before Regionalize the Bills by having them play two home games in Toronto - at least one a late season game - embrace the huge population & financial center that Toronto represents and most importantly - secure the future of the Bills in Buffalo at a very low cost - two home games.

Since we have to play two games internationally over the next 16 years anyways, I hope both of them are in Toronto. You're right it would help market the team.

That's not what Willis wants however, he wants the team to play all of their homes games in Toronto. So, if I'm reading your post right, you don't really agree with him at all.

Shhh.. don't break it to him. He spent all that time writing it out.

:w00t:

That's not what Willis wants however, he wants the team to play all of their homes games in Toronto. So, if I'm reading your post right, you don't really agree with him at all.

Since we have to play two games internationally over the next 16 years anyways, I hope both of them are in Toronto. You're right it would help market the team.

how do people like this manage to summon the brain cells it takes to actually create an account. man i hope thats just sarcasm that i cant hear through the typing....

I must admit that I have not read Penthouse in years (it was great as a kid but once I discovered how to have sex in real life I have passed on the magazine), so does WM say in that article that he wants the Bills to move to Toronto?

All I have read is WGR's piece on what WM said on their website. They begin that article by referencing the Penthouse piece and then rather than doing the routine journalistic thing of actually quoting what WM said, instead they describe his quote as responding to:

When asked about the possibility of an NFL team in Toronto,

They do not clarify whether this NFL team is going to Toronto forever (an outcome that Ralph and the Bills actually have a fair degree of control over because this would encroach on their regional marketing strategy) or whether this theory is offered in the context of the recent real world decision by the NFL to have every team play in a foreign country in Europe over the next 10 years after they go after these consumers.

WGR is not brain dead (though clearly a number of their regular listeners and callers are) and given their poor sports journalism over the years it is certainly quite believable to me that they would be happy to generate a firestorm which attracts listeners and callers by setting up so that folks would assume WM was pulling the moving vans up to OBD.

If in fact the WM comments were actually geared toward his crack financial cut on things (it is beyond me why folks listen to his business advice anyway since even if he wanted out he has little leverage to hold out and the Bills are in the drivers seat with ability to even tag him if they choose to keep him or as a prelude to trading him) his view should be endorsed by all Bills fans as they are exactly the right thing for the NFL to handle having two teams play in Toronto during the regular season,

In fact, if this game involved the Bills and it was actually counted as a home game for the opponent, we would in essence get 9 home games that season in terms of crowd support as a large number of Bills fans and southern Ontario Canadians whom they Bills already market to would attend that game.

I must admit that I have not read Penthouse in years (it was great as a kid but once I discovered how to have sex in real life I have passed on the magazine), so does WM say in that article that he wants the Bills to move to Toronto?

All I have read is WGR's piece on what WM said on their website. They begin that article by referencing the Penthouse piece and then rather than doing the routine journalistic thing of actually quoting what WM said, instead they describe his quote as responding to:

When asked about the possibility of an NFL team in Toronto,

They do not clarify whether this NFL team is going to Toronto forever (an outcome that Ralph and the Bills actually have a fair degree of control over because this would encroach on their regional marketing strategy) or whether this theory is offered in the context of the recent real world decision by the NFL to have every team play in a foreign country in Europe over the next 10 years after they go after these consumers.

WGR is not brain dead (though clearly a number of their regular listeners and callers are) and given their poor sports journalism over the years it is certainly quite believable to me that they would be happy to generate a firestorm which attracts listeners and callers by setting up so that folks would assume WM was pulling the moving vans up to OBD.

If in fact the WM comments were actually geared toward his crack financial cut on things (it is beyond me why folks listen to his business advice anyway since even if he wanted out he has little leverage to hold out and the Bills are in the drivers seat with ability to even tag him if they choose to keep him or as a prelude to trading him) his view should be endorsed by all Bills fans as they are exactly the right thing for the NFL to handle having two teams play in Toronto during the regular season,

In fact, if this game involved the Bills and it was actually counted as a home game for the opponent, we would in essence get 9 home games that season in terms of crowd support as a large number of Bills fans and southern Ontario Canadians whom they Bills already market to would attend that game.

Its not worth your time. Willis haters dont listen to logic.

Do you know what they have in Canada? Canadians. thumbdown.gif

You dont want any canadians coming to bills games? I hope you want to see even MORE blackouts...

Willis might actually be smarter than you think. The Bills in Toronto and you guys MIGHT actually be able to attend a game or to. A few more years in Buffalo and they'll probably end up in LA or Vegas. Good luck going to games there.

No where in his comments does Willis say he wants the Bills to leave Buffalo, just that if the NFL were to move a team to TO it should be the Bills.

A team in T.O would kill the Bills anyway so why not put them there if the NFL was serious about having a team there (which they don't right now, their too busy figuring out a logical reason too have one in LA) It would atleast allow people who are bills fans from Buffalo still be able to attend games

No where in his comments does Willis say he wants the Bills to leave Buffalo, just that if the NFL were to move a team to TO it should be the Bills.

A team in T.O would kill the Bills anyway so why not put them there if the NFL was serious about having a team there (which they don't right now, their too busy figuring out a logical reason too have one in LA) It would atleast allow people who are bills fans from Buffalo still be able to attend games

Shhhh! its more fun and easier for the bashers to just mercilessly bash mcgahee that it is to actually understand what eh said and use some reading comprehension.