my friendliness to the NFL will be determined by one factor

Hats off to Schumer - I support this guy 110%.

Schumer Meets With NFL Commissioner

WGR Newsroom - Wednesday, January 10, 2007 - 5:00 PM

Senator Charles Schumer met with N-F-L Commissioner Roger Goodell today to discuss ways to protect small market teams with revenue-sharing from larger market teams and the NFL black-out rule and how it effects fans in Western New York."The NFL met with me because I'm on the judiciary committee which has jurisdiction over the anti-trust exemption," Schumer said.

"They(the league) want some things out of me and I told them - my friendliness to the NFL will be determined by one factor above all - how well they treat the Bills and how long they're going to stay in Buffalo," said Schumer.

Bills owner Ralph Wilson will serve on the eight-team committee that is now determing how league revenues will be split.

Chuck's no dummy, he knows that letting the NFL push around the Bills and letting the team leave on his watch isn't a very good way to ensure re-election...or further elections...all that being said, I am glad to see someone who seems very willing to butt heads with the NFL over the franchise's future in WNY, and isn't just giving the issue lip service...

First RW never wanted home games telervised, even if they sold out.

Also if you do change the blackout rule then how would you be able to sell out any games. We can not sell out now with the lowest ticket prices in the NFL

The NFL does not have an ANTI-TRUST exemption only BASEBALL does.

First RW never wanted home games telervised, even if they sold out.

Where did you hear that?

Also if you do change the blackout rule then how would you be able to sell out any games. We can not sell out now with the lowest ticket prices in the NFL
Exactly. IMHO this is just grandstanding on Schumer's part.

Yep.

Believe me, Schumer, or anyone on the congressional committees on anti-trust hold enormous power over the NFL and can do a ton of damage, official anti-trust exemption or not. Anti-trust is huge for the NFL. I have gone to seven Super Bowls for free because of the influence Senators have on the NFL over anti-trust. :thumbsup:

I don't think the blackout rule needs to be totally changed, but maybe some sort of exceptions can added or making the target number the average NFL stadium capacity number or something.

Believe me, Schumer, or anyone on the congressional committees on anti-trust hold enormous power over the NFL and can do a ton of damage, official anti-trust exemption or not. Anti-trust is huge for the NFL. I have gone to seven Super Bowls for free because of the influence Senators have on the NFL over anti-trust. :flirt:

Are you a member of that "culture of corruption" the Dems are always yapping about? :lol: