Need at TE

DevilsAlum

I am not discounting Royals team...But I think having two good TEs will be better....Until we get that quality 2nd WR, we might be better off running 2-TE sets more often....

Not opposed to that.

But would you rather take that money and get a #2 like drew bennett or a daniel graham? Not sure how different their price tages are--but I think I'd rather take a Drew Bennett and go with Royal plus a scrub.

Thats the only TE id make a run after though, otherwise TE is not a position of need on the Buffalo Bills.

I disagree. Royal played poorly. He had a number of significant drops and he blew a TD that may well have cost us a game we absolutely had to win. He also did nothing to distinguish himself as a blocker. He has to take his share of the blame when it comes to our anemic running game.

A good TE can be pivotal to an offense. A guy too big to be covered by a SS and too fast to be convered by a LB presents real problems for a defense. Sometimes a TE that good can force a defense to play a nickel back even when the offense might run the ball. A big target with soft hands who can block is great to have in the redzone and on third down and 3-7 yards or so to go.

It might not be our biggest need given the trouble we have at G, DT, MLB and maybe CB but it is definitely a need. I would have no problem picking up a TE like Miller.

Not opposed to that.

But would you rather take that money and get a #2 like drew bennett or a daniel graham? Not sure how different their price tages are--but I think I'd rather take a Drew Bennett and go with Royal plus a scrub.

Last year David Givens got a 25M contract from the Titans....I am sure Bennett is looking at that kind of money. Now, I am not sure if David Graham will get the same kind of money similar to a WR.

The thing about drafting Miller is that it likely helps out three ways. It would probably significantly lessen the need for a #2 WR to play opposite Evans because Miller is huge and he's very athletic for his size. He could be the third down and red zone target we're looking for out of a big possession type WR. (Not saying play him at Wr, just that he can do that role and do it well). He also would help out a lot in the running game with a two TE offense, as he can block well. And Fairchild could devise ways to get him isolated on LBs, as teams wouldn't know whether he was going to line up inside or outside. 4.65 may not seem all that fast but he can move and he's very big. Great hands. Makes big plays. Still young and getting better.

And as a completely objective observer, I couldn't agree more :flirt: