Unfortunately Jets QB Position Up for Grabs

Jets 10 & 6 record product of last place schedule and nothing else. They had one measly win against a team with a winning record. It was the Pats in a mud bowl so bad they had to replace the field after the game ... that game did not determine the better team. We saw the real Pats whip them Sunday meaning they're only quality win came against a team they went 1 & 2 against. I was hoping they'd commit to Pennington and buy into the "comeback player hype" because I see him doing nothing but holding them back. The only throw he can make is the 15 yard floater. I noted the one play he was subbed by Ramsey on Sunday the Pats DBs backed up 5 yards given the stronger arm. Jets have 2 of the league's better wideouts in Coles and Cotchery and with Sad Chad they are very underutilized and their lack of deep threat also hurts their run game. Let's hope Mangini is won over again by Chad's game management skills in pre-season scrimmages when everyone else is rusty and he has the advantage knowing the offense better ... Bills could use more of the 31-13 drubbings they gave them in New Jersey a little over a month ago.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=roto...mp;type=fantasy

Jets 10 & 6 record product of last place schedule and nothing else. They had one measly win against a team with a winning record. It was the Pats in a mud bowl so bad they had to replace the field after the game ... that game did not determine the better team. We saw the real Pats whip them Sunday meaning they're only quality win came against a team they went 1 & 2 against. I was hoping they'd commit to Pennington and buy into the "comeback player hype" because I see him doing nothing but holding them back. The only throw he can make is the 15 yard floater. I noted the one play he was subbed by Ramsey on Sunday the Pats DBs backed up 5 yards given the stronger arm. Jets have 2 of the league's better wideouts in Coles and Cotchery and with Sad Chad they are very underutilized and their lack of deep threat also hurts their run game. Let's hope Mangini is won over again by Chad's game management skills in pre-season scrimmages when everyone else is rusty and he has the advantage knowing the offense better ... Bills could use more of the 31-13 drubbings they gave them in New Jersey a little over a month ago.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=roto...mp;type=fantasy

Chad Pennington is easly the best QB on the Jets roster and can't see them dipping into free agency to bring him any real competition or using another day 1 pick in the draft either. Pennington is a solid NFL QB, if the Jets can find a complimentary RB and improve their defense there's no reason they won't be a continual playoff contender with him at the helm as they have been every year he's been healthy.

Chad Pennington is easly the best QB on the Jets roster and can't see them dipping into free agency to bring him any real competition or using another day 1 pick in the draft either. Pennington is a solid NFL QB, if the Jets can find a complimentary RB and improve their defense there's no reason they won't be a continual playoff contender with him at the helm as they have been every year he's been healthy.

its that line of thinking i hope the jets buy into and stick with him. had the jets played the ravens and chargers like the bills did they're out of the playoffs just like we were. chad's arm was never strong in the 1st place and after 2 surgeries on his throwing shoulder it's the weakest in the league. stick with him next year and against a real schedule that doesn't include cleveland and oakland like this year, jets will suffer a serious sophomore slump under mangini ... that's what i'm hoping for. 2007 is bills year to challenge pats in that case :thumbdown:

My memory must be going along with my youth. I could have sworn I watched a Bills game this year where the Jets had no defense and no running game but somehow still won the game mostly because of Chad Pennington's play. Must have been a flashback to Namath or something....

Mangini is simply saying this year is over and he will look at all things to get better next season. One comment Mangini made last week was the important lesson of not taking things personal he learned from being in New England. A good coach must separate the personal from what is best for team. In Pennington's case , Mangini does appreciate his efforts but next year is a new year he will need proove himself all over again, and if Jets can get better at any position they will.

its that line of thinking i hope the jets buy into and stick with him. had the jets played the ravens and chargers like the bills did they're out of the playoffs just like we were. chad's arm was never strong in the 1st place and after 2 surgeries on his throwing shoulder it's the weakest in the league. stick with him next year and against a real schedule that doesn't include cleveland and oakland like this year, jets will suffer a serious sophomore slump under mangini ... that's what i'm hoping for. 2007 is bills year to challenge pats in that case :D

Unfortunately the next season the Jets get to play the Titans and Kansas City, while we get to play Jacksonville and Denver. I would take Titans and KC rather than Jax and Denver...

My memory must be going along with my youth. I could have sworn I watched a Bills game this year where the Jets had no defense and no running game but somehow still won the game mostly because of Chad Pennington's play. Must have been a flashback to Namath or something....

Your memory is going, the jets won that game because of the costly turnovers the bills handed them. Pennington had nothing to do with that win.

Unfortunately the next season the Jets get to play the Titans and Kansas City, while we get to play Jacksonville and Denver. I would take Titans and KC rather than Jax and Denver...

I would rather play KC then Denver, however I would much rather play Jacksonville then Tenn. I think both Tenn & Denver are going to be teams to be reckoned with next year while I really think KC & Jacksonville are going to take a step back.

thats good because one of the last teams id want to face is titans. after seeing vince young in action at the ralph i have no idea how a team game plans for him (neither does anyone else it appears) and no lead is safe as the bills, giants and colts learned.

Your memory is going, the jets won that game because of the costly turnovers the bills handed them. Pennington had nothing to do with that win.

Umm, yeah. I might amend that to "next to nothing", but that's kind of how I remember that game, too... those fumbles cost us at least ten points in an eight-point loss.

Umm, yeah. I might amend that to "next to nothing", but that's kind of how I remember that game, too... those fumbles cost us at least ten points in an eight-point loss.

the definitive game came later in the season in new jersey when both teams had settled in and the playoff implications were clear. sad chad was whipped around like a rag doll, had no zip on the 15 yard floaters he threw, and his interceptions and fumble were the key to the bills 31-13 drubbing.

Pennington may have a noodle arm, and we may have a defense perfect for defending noodle arms, but he's still the best QB on the Jets. A switch next year would all but guarantee a big Jets drop off. I really don't understand why Mangini would publicly declare this. If he's worth a crap his players should know that every year they will have to earn it. To let it be known publicly that a certain player needs to earn it his spot next year singles that guy out. That can't look good to the Vets, especially when it's your QB, and they just made the playoffs.

C. Pennington: 19/29; 65.5% completion rate; 183 yards; 1 td; 0 ints; 1 sack for a loss of 1 yards; 3 carries for 8 yards; no turnovers; a qb rating of 94.5.

C. Pennington: 19/29; 65.5% completion rate; 183 yards; 1 td; 0 ints; 1 sack for a loss of 1 yards; 3 carries for 8 yards; no turnovers; a qb rating of 94.5.

47 of those yards came on a 3rd-and-4 dump-off to Leon Washington at midfield, courtesy of some badly-missed tackles by Bills DBs. The TD was a one-yarder to an uncovered TE. Despite what the numbers might (or might not) say, I remain unimpressed by Mr. Comeback-Player-of-the-Year.

But maybe that's just me...

47 of those yards came on a 3rd-and-4 dump-off to Leon Washington at midfield, courtesy of some badly-missed tackles by Bills DBs. The TD was a one-yarder to an uncovered TE. Despite what the numbers might (or might not) say, I remain unimpressed by Mr. Comeback-Player-of-the-Year.

But maybe that's just me...

the same could be said for JPs 50 yard td pass to parrish. on those sorts of plays, yes, credit needs to go the back, but credit also needs to go to the qb who diagnosed the play and got the ball to the guy in empty space (washington).

the same could be said for JPs 50 yard td pass to parrish. on those sorts of plays, yes, credit needs to go the back, but credit also needs to go to the qb who diagnosed the play and got the ball to the guy in empty space (washington).

Having a hard time equating a hot-read on a blitz to a swing-pass to the RB. Again, maybe that's just me.

I will give Chadly credit for this, though: on a windy, rainy, mostly crappy day at the Ralph, he looked better than quite a few other QBs who have tried to deal with those conditions. Still wouldn't want him here as the starter because of his (lack of) arm strength, but few are more accurate at the dink-and-dunk game.

That didn't stop me from turning to SDS at halftime and saying "How the (bleep) are we losing this game?!?!", though...