Tonights Game

Frez

I love it how all of you here make decisions about where and when to draft players based on 1 game. I guess it fits in right with the typical mentality here.

He played bad in 1 game! he sucks!

I'm not saying he sucks, I'm just saying there is a better player available. And if you care to check it...I said it before the game! :thumbsup:

I'm not saying he sucks, I'm just saying there is a better player available. And if you care to check it...I said it before the game! :thumbsup:

fair enough. i havent seen enough of pitcock to form a decent opinion on him. But making judgements on him based on how he played in one game last night is assinine.

I love it how all of you here make decisions about where and when to draft players based on 1 game. I guess it fits in right with the typical mentality here.

Biggest game of the year and he fails to show, thats tells me alot! Honestly I think the stock of Troy Smith dropped alot after lastnights game! He was exploited big time.

I do agree 1 game shouldnt make a difference where a guy is drafted, but in the NFL I think it really does.

Not what I was saying. He has played in a conference with weaker teams and it showed last night. Its easy to abuse the Northwesterns and Indiana, Bowling Green, Minnesota, Illinois. BUt when they played Michgan and Texas he was a no show especially last night. Hes 295 lbs maybe, you really want to waste a first round pick on this guy another mediocre DT. If we are going to go that route lets move up and take Branch. So dont tell me about mentality boss.

An important consideration is how Pitcock plays against a really strong offensive line. Florida was a strong offensive line and his performance left a lot to be desired. It will certainly affect his stock, although I suspect he will still be a top 20 pick. If we're picking 12 and one of the top ten players is still on the board in a position that we need (Okoye) I say go with him Remember Okoye is VERY young, just 20 I believe, and brilliant, and shows tons of upside. I'm only worried that he might not make it to 12~

Sometimes one or two games are all that really matters when you're talking about players on elite teams. They play so many scrub teams during the season that the only chance you can really evaluate them is against the best teams that they play. Pittcock against Texas, Michigan, and Florida is not a first rounder.

Sometimes one or two games are all that really matters when you're talking about players on elite teams. They play so many scrub teams during the season that the only chance you can really evaluate them is against the best teams that they play. Pittcock against Texas, Michigan, and Florida is not a first rounder.

Exactly what I said bro.

That dude is like 19 isn't he? Can he handle the NFL?

He could handle playing in Conference USA when he was 16 and 17, and the Big East when he was 18 and 19.

At 19 years old, he's not even done growing yet. He's huge, and he's freaking brilliant (how else do you get into college at 16??). He's already a good player, but his upside is tremendous.

I've seen better DT's than Pitcock or Okoye go in the 4th-7th rounds in the last few drafts - as much as teams talk about wanting run stuffers they spend money and high draft picks on players who show the ability to put pressure on the QB.

We need a DT more than anything else

:thumbdown:

I know getting run on a lot took some getting used to, but if you think our D-Line plus McCargo is a bigger need than our O-Line starting Preston/Gandy at guards I would like to wholely disagree with you. If your point is that we will get better O-Line value in free agency or with lower picks that is fine, but I think the "we need Pat Williams back" stuff has gone a little too far.

Our D with McCargo and another year in the system will play well, although I would like to add another DT somewhere for the rotation. Getting run over all year was very frustrating, but winning seven games and having another 5 decided by a field goal or less shows that things were not as gloomy as they might seem. The path to upgrading a Tampa 2 is not abandoning it, and we saw how Indy went form can't-stop-the-run to doesn't-give-Larry-Johnson-a-first-down in days.

So I'm all for getting a good DT somewhere to go with Larry, McCargo, and Kyle, but I think it is far from our top need, and to pick one at #12 he better be clearly the best player available at that pick. But offensive guard is by far our top priority even if we don't decide to use #12 to upgrade it.

That list is seniors only.

Scouts Inc. top 32

He's not even on this list.....lots of DTs though.

3 in top 12

Alan Branch

Glenn Dorsey

Amobi Okoye

& DeMarcus Tyler at 16

Good news! They have Okoye going #12 on that one.

I also wouldn't mind getting a bookend for Evans through the first pick. Ginn is #14 and Samardzija #17.