A. Samuel

Eleven INTs, solid pass coverage, coming from someone who's had to watch the Pats every week since forever .... He is a great 'nose-for-the-ball' CB and while he certainly benefits from the cast around him, that becomes something of a moot point in FA. I'd love to have him on my team.

But his price tag is going to be more than Clements'. Deservedly so. While a lot of Nate's worth is in his own mind, AS's is on film and in the numbers.

Eleven INTs, solid pass coverage.... He is a great 'nose-for-the-ball' CB and while he certainly benefits from the cast around him, that becomes something of a moot point in FA.

His price tag is going to be more than Clements'. Deservedly so.

That's my hope. The big money will be thrown at him. In the mean time, the Bills will sign Clements through the back door. One can hope.

Unlike the Bills, Pats management wasn't stupid enough to promise NOT to franchise him at the end of the season, removing any leverage the team has in contract negotiations. As a result, I find it hard to imagine Samuel not being at least franchised for one more year if not extended for many more.

Assante just made a heads-up play against pennington and just scored on a pick-six. Would you mind him on the bills next year?

That's my hope. The big money will be thrown at him. In the mean time, the Bills will sign Clements through the back door. One can hope.

I'd have the same hope, but there's several kids in the candy store with money burning holes in their pockets. And I just don't think Ralph is among them.

And if I just mixed a metaphor, then so be it.

But his price tag is going to be more than Clements'. Deservedly so. While a lot of Nate's worth is in his own mind, AS's is on film and in the numbers.

Clements will be paid more. Samuel has had a great season but he has more INTs in great part because he gets challenged more often.

On the open market, samuel would make more than clements. The patsies may tag him, but that would still mean paying 8 mil for him for 1 year. I dont think hes a pat next season.

And even then, the Paytoilets have historically shown that they don't deal well with holdout threats, which I think AS may try if he doesn't get a long-term offer. Someone may have to forfeit a #1, but I think he's gone.

And what gets me is, they'll draft someone, plug him in and won't skip a fuggin' beat. :thumbsup:

And even then, the Paytoilets have historically shown that they don't deal well with holdout threats, which I think AS may try if he doesn't get a long-term offer. Someone may have to forfeit a #1, but I think he's gone.

And what gets me is, they'll draft someone, plug him in and won't skip a fuggin' beat. :thumbsup:

I see a similar situation to Clements if they FP him, i.e. he demands in-writing that they can't tag him again next year.

I see a similar situation to Clements if they FP him, i.e. he demands in-writing that they can't tag him again next year.

There was zero reason for Marv to do that. He simply didn't have to. No player in his contract year in his mid 20s is going to sit out and not accept his franchise money. And especially a CB can sit out pre-season and threaten all he wants but will come in on time and play. It was just something he didnt need to do, and I doubt very much that the Pats would do it. Samuel is not going to sit out and not take his 8 mil salary.

A player can sit out half the season, play the last half, make half the money, and be free the next year.

Why, exactly are they free the next year? The team could franchise them again. And Samuel is going to forfeit 4 million dollars to sit out half a year and HIGHLY risk losing mega-millions in FA the next year if he is let go (because chances are he won't be as effective missing half the year plus teams will not be as accepting of a malcontent who turns on his team for greed). For what? To prove a non-existent point? It simply doesn't and won't happen.