Peter King's All-Pro Squad

This was discussed before, but yeah, he had Peters as his indisputable all-pro, with Willie Anderson just edging-out Walter Jones. This scary thing is, the kid hasn't even scratched the surface of how good he can be, much less even entered his prime. And how may all-pro LT's do you find in undrafted free agency?

And how may all-pro LT's do you find in undrafted free agency?

I haven't researched it, but I don't know of any, at least not in the modern era of the NFL. Early picks such as Pace, Jones and Ogden have seemed to just stay all pro, year after year.

Pace was always my particular favorite because he could do whatever he wanted. He sealed off the blindside, and he was just as good (if not better) on running plays. Strange perhaps, but imo Peters is actually better vs. the pass than the run right now. If forced to compare him to another LT, I would liken him to a stronger Richmond Webb. This is quite the compliment! :w00t:

If Peters keeps his head together and stays healthy, the sky is the limit for him imo.

The above brings me to Gandy. Imo, he is lacking in physical strength. There IS a reason that a guy who played LT was released from the Bears. Put Peters next to a strong, mean, solid LG and the Bills will improve dramatically. Throw in a big, mean RG and they will hurt people.

It is exciting to know that the above is possible.

How much weight does Peter King's all-pro list carry? I know there's an AP all-pro. But even still, it's cool to see Peters' name mentioned like that.

And I agree about Gandy. His problems in Chicago were with injuries, but he was also probably too weak.

Zero....Just as we ridicule his "fine 15" every week and his comments against the bills, having a bills player on his all-pro team should mean squat.

King has a ballot for the AP All Pro team, and this is what he submitted. So, it in fact does count.

yeah, but besides all that, it's still good to see someone in the national media who is well respected around the league, give credit to a guy who definetly deserves it. Idk how we found Peters, but the person/scout/coach who did, is a genius in my book!

King has a ballot for the AP All Pro team, and this is what he submitted. So, it in fact does count.

yeah, but besides all that, it's still good to see someone in the national media who is well respected around the league, give credit to a guy who definetly deserves it. Idk how we found Peters, but the person/scout/coach who did, is a genius in my book!

That's right, I forgot about King's vote in the AP poll, so you're right, it does carry weight. I wonder if they sit around a table and discuss it, like they do for the HOF? If so, he might be able to convince a majority of them to make him an AP all-pro, which would be cool.

And Whitner, I think the bluster was about how some people slam King for making predictions, and that that should invalidate his critique of players. I've always said that the "experts" are no better than any of use when it comes to making predictions, but that they know how to evaluate players' performances and give some inside info.