2007 Buffalo FAs

This is the list from Theredzone.org of the Bills FAs this year. I dont know how accurate it is because some of their other FA lists are off.

• Anderson, Tim DT RFA
  • Clements, Nate CB UFA
  • Davis, Andre WR UFA
  • Fletcher-Baker, London LB UFA
  • Gandy, Mike OL UFA
  • Greer, Jabari CB RFA
  • Hargrove, Anthony DE RFA
  • Kelsay, Chris DE UFA
  • Lindell, Rian PK UFA
  • Preston, Duke OL ERFA
  • Shelton, Daimon FB UFA
  • Thomas, Anthony RB UFA
  • Thomas, Kiwaukee CB UFA
  • Williams, Shaud RB RFA
  • Wire, Coy S UFA

Now here's the way I see things going this offseason:

Tim Anderson will probably get resigned for a minimal contract, though I'm sure we'd all like to see him pack his bags for good.

Clements will probably head to Washington to collect the big payday and be reunited with Greggo and company

Andre Davis played well on ST and deserves another year for a minimal contract

Fletcher is on the fence right now. I think he'll be back, but I wont be surprised if he tests the market for one last big payday.

I wouldnt mind seeing Gandy resigned, but we definately need an upgrade at starter.

Greer probably won't be offered another contract.

Anthony Hargrove will probably find a way back on this team next year.

Kelsay will be the easiest of the Big 3 to resign and in all likelihood will be the only one of them to return

Lindell is already extended...good job

Duke Preston will be back

Shelton may be back, but I as well as many others would prefer to go with a younger FB

Anthony Thomas definately deserves another contract year, but he's going to have to improve production in 2007

Kiwaukee Thomas should be resigned if Clements walks. He played well the second half of the year and we will need a veteran presence in the Defensive backfield

Shaud Williams will not be back

Coy Wire's versatility and ST play will find him a spot on this roster once again, much to the dismay of many TBDers.

Thoughts, comments, hate mail.

Kelsay will be the easiest of the Big 3 to resign and in all likelihood will be the only one of dismay of many TBDers.

Kelsay will get some good offers (like Larry Triplett last year) as it is hard to find good pass rushers and Kelsay is on the rise. I doubt Kelsay re-signs back with the Bills.

• Anderson, Tim DT RFA GONE :w00t:
  • Clements, Nate CB UFA GONE :lol:
  • Davis, Andre WR UFA Will depend on other WR acquisitions
  • Fletcher-Baker, London LB UFA GONE :lol:
  • Gandy, Mike OL UFA GONE :lol:
  • Greer, Jabari CB RFA Will depend on other CB acquisitions
  • Hargrove, Anthony DE RFA STAYS Cheaper alternative than Kelsay
  • Kelsay, Chris DE UFA GONE :lol:
  • Lindell, Rian PK UFA Already re-signed
  • Preston, Duke OL ERFA STAYS for experienced cheap depth
  • Shelton, Daimon FB UFA GONE :lol:
  • Thomas, Anthony RB UFA STAYSa very good value #2 RB
  • Thomas, Kiwaukee CB UFA STAYS Even if we keep NC, this guy proved he can help the team
  • Williams, Shaud RB RFA Will depend on other RB acquisitions
  • Wire, Coy S UFA STAYS just to annoy people

Ok, let's assume that the Bills retain two of their FA's, sign two FA's from outside the organization, and five of the Bills draft picks make the 53 man roster. The Bills would still have to eliminate seven players from its current roster. I know I posted about this on another thread but this is a good problem to have. My Survivor Orchard Park losers under these circumstances would be London Fletcher, Chris Kelsay, Kevin Everitt, Duke Preston, Tim Anderson, Andre Davis, and George Wilson. Another I would consider cutting would be Coy Wire I really don't believe he figures into the future of the organization anyway.My FA keepers would be Nate Clements and Mike Gandy.

• Anderson, Tim DT RFA Gone :bag:
  • Clements, Nate CB UFA Gone :(
  • Davis, Andre WR UFA Back - special teams value
  • Fletcher-Baker, London LB UFA Gone
  • Gandy, Mike OL UFA Back - your starting LG in 2007
  • Greer, Jabari CB RFA Gone :wallbash:
  • Hargrove, Anthony DE RFA Back :rolleyes:
  • Kelsay, Chris DE UFA Back - too hard to find a decent-ish end to pair with AS
  • Lindell, Rian PK UFA Back
  • Preston, Duke OL ERFA ERFA=Back
  • Shelton, Daimon FB UFA Gone - too bad he got injured
  • Thomas, Anthony RB UFA Back - a good foil for Willis
  • Thomas, Kiwaukee CB UFA Back - decent Nickel
  • Williams, Shaud RB RFA Gone - man from the former regime
  • Wire, Coy S UFA Back for his special teams value and LB potential

Ok, let's assume that the Bills retain two of their FA's, sign two FA's from outside the organization, and five of the Bills draft picks make the 53 man roster. The Bills would still have to eliminate seven players from its current roster.

Sorry, I'm not sure I get your math. Maybe it's because I'm just starting to drink my coffee, but it sounds like you're saying Bills lose seven or so free agents (retaining only two) sign two free agents and sign five draft picks. That sounds like -7 + 2 + 5 = ? ..and you're saying it equals seven more than we started with?