Cool stat

That is 12.5 points per game the first eight and 25 the last eight. Wow.

Actually 14 & 22, but still a good improvement. What week did we shuffle the O line? It would be interesting to see what the scoring average was after that.

Actually 14 & 22, but still a good improvement. What week did we shuffle the O line? It would be interesting to see what the scoring average was after that.

The change came during the bye week, so you've answered your own question.

Ah yes, I caluculated that as if the bye week came at the season's exact middle.

I think that's an amazing stat...and probably directly linked to Fairchild finally starting to expand the playbook after the break. I think we had much better success in the air once we started keeping fewer guys back to help block, more 3 and 4 receiver sets, and fewer 7-step drops.

I think it gives a lot of hope for next year.

Another impressive stat is that the Bills set a franchise record for fewest penalties and penalty yards. Didn't seem that way, but it was.

Really? WOW.

That's a lot more important than the scoring stat IMO.....it implies that we are actually a disciplined well coached team. IIRC no non-disciplined poorly coached team has ever won a superbowl. Things are coming together. :rolleyes:

Just imagine a good OL that can establish a running game! That would open up the passing game for Losman, Evans would make alot more plays as would the other WR's on the team.

I love the direction the Bills are heading, but the OL needs to be tweaked a little. Loved the Jauron decision to shuffle it, but......I think Jauron knows himself the OL needs to improve.

Just imagine if our defense could stop another teams offense.

Really? WOW.

That's a lot more important than the scoring stat IMO.....it implies that we are actually a disciplined well coached team. IIRC no non-disciplined poorly coached team has ever won a superbowl. Things are coming together. :rolleyes:

This stat is big especially considering that we are the one of the top most penalized team in the 1st half of the season.....

This stat is big especially considering that we are the one of the top most penalized team in the 1st half of the season.....

Here is the week by week penalty stats:

NE 7 53

MIA 4 30

NYJ 6 43

MIN 15 104

CHI 7 44

DET 2 20

NE 9 67

GB 8 50

========

8 58 411

IND 5 40

HOU 3 17

JAX 4 55

SD 2 10

NYJ 2 10

MIA 5 17

TEN 5 50

BAL 3 19

==============

8 29 218

The # of penalties in the 2nd half was just about 1/2 of what they had in the 1st half.

I must admit I was ready to cry after watching JP stumble and fumble into the Ref at the end of the New England game, but that really was rock bottom for this team. That was like Black Tuesday in the stock market where all the junk and doubters get out.

I had that little feeling in my belly again going to the Tennessee game that I haven't had for years. It was nice.