If you were GM, who would be your #1 target in Free Agency?

If you were GM, who would be your #1 target in Free Agency?  

76 members have voted

1. 1. #1 Target?

• Dwight Freeney
    • Eric Johnson
    • Eric Steinbach
    • Kris Diehlman
    • Leonard Davis
    • Lance Briggs
    • Cato June
    • Adalius Thomas
    • Asante Samuel
    • Drew Bennett
    • Other

I said this before the draft and I've stuck to my guns since that day. :thumbsup:

As I recall, someone else wanted Steinbach. Hey, a guy has to be right once in a while. :lol:

In terms of right now, i would take Steinbach, even if it meant choosing between him and Nate. The man is an outstanding OG, and he can fill in at LT.

Ralph should simply give him the "Hutch" money and line him up next to Peters. Then, they should draft another quality OG, and waltz into the playoffs in 07. :)

As I recall, someone else wanted Steinbach. Hey, a guy has to be right once in a while. ;)

In terms of right now, i would take Steinbach, even if it meant choosing between him and Nate. The man is an outstanding OG, and he can fill in at LT.

Ralph should simply give him the "Hutch" money and line him up next to Peters. Then, they should draft another quality OG, and waltz into the playoffs in 07. :thumbsup:

Kind of like how the vikings giving hutchinson "hutch" money let them waltz into the playoffs? :worthy::lol::)

Kind of like how the vikings giving hutchinson "hutch" money let them waltz into the playoffs? :worthy::lol::thumbsup:

Good point! As Samuel Jackson said in Pulp Fiction, "allow me to retort." ;)

Brad Johnson clearly hit the wall at about 100 miles per hour. JP (who I was admittedly skeptical about) made great strides in 06. I think that McKinnie is a fine LT. Believe me, I wanted him more than a fat, injured RT in 02. That said, Peters has the potential to be better than McKinnie because he is more agile. I am also completely impressed by how he is strong enough to shove rushers away and make them miss. It is just a friggin pleasure to watch after all these years without a strong LT! :)

As Badolbilz said, a left side of Peters/Steinbach would be comparable to Jones/Hutchinson, and this DID get them to the Superbowl. It might even help us MORE, because we play in the elements rather than a dome. I would love to see these guys lining up together in the cold; kicking their opponenets asses.

Let's hope.

Good point! As Samuel Jackson said in Pulp Fiction, "allow me to retort." :)

Brad Johnson clearly hit the wall at about 100 miles per hour. JP (who I was admittedly skeptical about) made great strides in 06. I think that McKinnie is a fine LT. Believe me, I wanted him more than a fat, injured RT in 02. That said, Peters has the potential to be better than McKinnie because he is more agile. I am also completely impressed by how he is strong enough to shove rushers away and make them miss. It is just a friggin pleasure to watch after all these years without a strong LT! :thumbsup:

As Badolbilz said, a left side of Peters/Steinbach would be comparable to Jones/Hutchinson, and this DID get them to the Superbowl. It might even help us MORE, because we play in the elements rather than a dome. I would love to see these guys lining up together in the cold; kicking their opponenets asses.

Let's hope.

Oh i know. :lol: The vikes downfall had everything to do with brad johnson, their complete lack of a competent WR, and the lack of a decent defense. I just dont want people to think its the end of the world when we dont sign steinbach. (i pray i am wrong, but i highly doubt we will fork over a ton of money for him)

Steinbach should have been the Bills pick instead of McGahee

Took the words right out of my keyboard. I was gonna say the same thing.

Should have drafted Steinbach and then kept Henry, instead of jerking him around with McGahee. We gave up a whole year's worth of playing time and then ran Henry out on a rail. Unless a RB falls to us in FA or via the draft, we'll be looking for a new one by this time next year anyway.