If Bills Would Have Won The Last Two Games

With the OT shocker SF pulled out over Denver... The Bills @ 9-7 would have been in the playoffs over KC, right?

Not sure if this was true... Would the Bills have held the tie-breaker?

Sorry, if this was posted before...

What I am getting at is, the Bills really came a long way this season... And it could have been in their own hands all along!

Correct. Bills would have made the playoffs as the 6th seed had they won last 2 games.

Buffalo would have won conference tie-breaker with KC. While it was one of the less likely scenarios (most of the best scenarios had Jets losing to Miami), the less likely scenario actaully did play out for Buffalo, but unfortunatley Buffalo couldn't take care of their own business. Maybe next year -- SIGH

I got all wrapped up in the "what needs to happen for us to get in" talk too, starting to believe we had a chance. What a disappointment (and eye opener) to see we couldn't even win one of the last two. I guess a lot of us were guilty of "wishing it to be", instead of properly assessing where the Bills stand relative to true playoff caliber teams. Oh well, next year is looking more promising. I doubt we start out 2-5 again.

U think we had a chance to beat the Ravens. They're way too good.

Hate to disagree with you but the Bills more than held their own against that "way too good team"!

And barring two bad int's by JP and an underthrown pass to Royal, the Bills might have taken that game. And Lord knows that the Bills are not an elite team by any stretch of the imagination, consequently, if you just manage to beat the Bills by a few plays then I cannot consider you an elite team.

In the same vein, however, i wouldnt want to be a QB facing that defense on the road in January :)

Hate to disagree with you but the Bills more than held their own against that "way too good team"!

And barring two bad int's by JP and an underthrown pass to Royal, the Bills might have taken that game. And Lord knows that the Bills are not an elite team by any stretch of the imagination, consequently, if you just manage to beat the Bills by a few plays then I cannot consider you an elite team.

In the same vein, however, i wouldnt want to be a QB facing that defense on the road in January :doh:

Our offense never had a chance. Go ahead and ask Willis if you don't believe me. :)

In the same vein, however, i wouldnt want to be a QB facing that defense on the road in January :)

Bills never had a chance against Ravens. They couldn't run the ball a shi%, and JP had too much pressure on him. "Barring two bad int's and an underthrown pass," I would say that great defense had something to do with it. If we played that game 100 times over, we'd lose 99 of them. Our O line was totally overmatched...period!

A playoff spot this year although it would have been nice, also would have created a disaster. Many a team that has sneaked into the playoffs in the past, with the areas of concern that we have usually get pounded, lose in the first round, then get low draft choices and are not able to rebound for a couple years.

We made a good run, but still have deficiencies to correct. We have the draft position to fill them as Marv has done this year. Next year will be our year tobegin making the playoffs and to do it consistently, lokking to win the superbowl down the road.

Making the playoffs may be fun, but I'd rather we get there with the chance to go all the way.

A playoff spot this year although it would have been nice, also would have created a disaster. Many a team that has sneaked into the playoffs in the past, with the areas of concern that we have usually get pounded, lose in the first round, then get low draft choices and are not able to rebound for a couple years.

We made a good run, but still have deficiencies to correct. We have the draft position to fill them as Marv has done this year. Next year will be our year tobegin making the playoffs and to do it consistently, lokking to win the superbowl down the road.

Making the playoffs may be fun, but I'd rather we get there with the chance to go all the way.

So wait... Are you saying "winning is bad"?... :doh:

Of course I am being sarcastic... But, wasn't DeLuca crusaded and continues to be dogged against this very idea (which you post above) earlier in the season???

Hmmmmm... I am sure the spin on your idea won't be as great as it was BEFORE the Houston game when the rose-colored glasses were starting to tint the many shades of pink and red...

:)

I got all wrapped up in the "what needs to happen for us to get in" talk too, starting to believe we had a chance. What a disappointment (and eye opener) to see we couldn't even win one of the last two. I guess a lot of us were guilty of "wishing it to be", instead of properly assessing where the Bills stand relative to true playoff caliber teams. Oh well, next year is looking more promising. I doubt we start out 2-5 again.

I don't agree- even if the record didn't show it, we improved a lot this year