Saddam is dead

scribo

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, WTF? I'm not one to think believe all of this media bias BS, but CNN.com has Hussein family photos on the front page and the same "obituary" photo it uses for everyone.

Family photos? The guy was found guilty of crimes against humanity and they post family photos after his execution? Everyone feel sorry for him on the count of three!

-Jeff

Okay, WTF? I'm not one to think believe all of this media bias BS, but CNN.com has Hussein family photos on the front page and the same "obituary" photo it uses for everyone.

Family photos? The guy was found guilty of crimes against humanity and they post family photos after his execution? Everyone feel sorry for him on the count of three!

-Jeff

I have spent the past 10 years working in and around the mainstream media. There is a definate bias among most media agencies. Editorial standpoints do dictate how stories are covered. This is not new, but the emergence of Fox News has prompted several agencies, especially CNN, to be more blatant about said bias. It is all about money.

I have spent the past 10 years working in and around the mainstream media. There is a definate bias among most media agencies. Editorial standpoints do dictate how stories are covered. This is not new, but the emergence of Fox News has prompted several agencies, especially CNN, to be more blatant about said bias. It is all about money.

I can buy that angle. Gear it towards a demographic and whatnot... yeah. It's not so much a belief based bias but a money backed bias. Sure. News agencies suck.

I can buy that angle. Gear it towards a demographic and whatnot... yeah. It's not so much a belief based bias but a money backed bias. Sure. News agencies suck.

You got it. The Internet is killing mainstream media, so the excutives are looking to find niches to give viewers/readers a sense of belonging. Conservatives started watching Fox is such huge numbers that CNN started failing very badly. So now they know they lost the conservatives, so they aim to please the other side of the aisle. It is working to some point. Newspapers are following suit. Advertisers don't care whether newspaper content is ethical, as long as people are picking it up. People seem to pick up the newspapers that report the news the way they want to see it. It is skewing quite a bit.

You got it. The Internet is killing mainstream media, so the excutives are looking to find niches to give viewers/readers a sense of belonging. Conservatives started watching Fox is such huge numbers that CNN started failing very badly. So now they know they lost the conservatives, so they aim to please the other side of the aisle. It is working to some point. Newspapers are following suit. Advertisers don't care whether newspaper content is ethical, as long as people are picking it up. People seem to pick up the newspapers that report the news the way they want to see it. It is skewing quite a bit.

Yeah, Fox refers to him as "Butcher of Baghdad" and the backdrop is a pile of skulls; no family pictures there. Bah, all of the news I need I get from Sean Hannity!

(I'm kidding)

great...they just killed the only guy that could run a stable Iraq :censored:

If by stable you mean a country in which the average person needs to worry about being murdered, raped, robbed and oppressed by the government, then you are correct.

Yeah, Fox refers to him as "Butcher of Baghdad" and the backdrop is a pile of skulls; no family pictures there. Bah, all of the news I need I get from Sean Hannity!

(I'm kidding)

I thought you were kidding about the caption and backdrop, but you were serious about that!

The media sucks... Just the facts, please. Oh well, Pandora's box has been opened, and we're not going back. :censored:

If by stable you mean a country in which the average person needs to worry about being murdered, raped, robbed and oppressed by the government, then you are correct.

that post came with the sarcasm button depressed...

but yep...apparently that's what it took to keep them from killing each other

I thought you were kidding about the caption and backdrop, but you were serious about that!

The media sucks... Just the facts, please. Oh well, Pandora's box has been opened, and we're not going back. :censored:

Yeah 100% serious. I think that's more appropriate. I'm reading this CNN stuff now and I'm a bit taken back. Quite literally "Hussein Family Photos." Some of these captions are priceless, "Hussein Kame's wife Raghad and son Ali in her arms."