Can Bills Draft Jarrett from USC?

truth on hold

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As of now, Jarrett is projected for the middle of round 1, right where we would be picking. I dont know how Marv would feel about Jarrett's attitude and "play when I want to" mentality, but there's no doubt he's what we need.

I dont think we need him to start and make a huge impact as a rookie. He can be more of a situational player his first year such as in the red zone. I always worry about players coming to the cold weather but I think he is from NJ so that shouldnt be a big deal.

Like everyone has said so far, it will all depend on free agency.

Glad I'm not the only one that thinks Jarrett has an attitude problem. Him taunting the Michigan players every time he made a catch got really old.

How many teams have two 1st round WR that are doing well in this league? Not counting players that were free agents or were traded for. I can't come up with any in the last couple of years.

It doesn't seem to work at all, no matter how the WRs were acquired. How did it go for the Raiders having Moss and Porter? I thought they'd create so many mismatches, but it never panned out and now Porter is on his way out, Moss is sucking and the Raiders are on the clock.

A first round receiver is the absolute last thing this team needs. Come on people! Is Matt Millen running this franchise????

If Marv were truly smart, he would do the following:

1. Wait for Jarrett to fall to #12

2. Call Tennessee (who picks at #19) and dangle the #12 pick. Norm Chow will do summersaults to get Jarret, I'm sure. Plus with Drew Bennett a free agent, receiver is a need.

3. Swap first round picks with Tennessee and grab an additional 2nd round pick.

4. At #19, pick a running back to push Willis or an impact defensive player.

Use the extra 2nd rounder to plug a hole left by the deparures of Fletch, Nate and/or Kelsay.

4. At #19, pick a running back to push Willis or an impact defensive player.

Use the extra 2nd rounder to plug a hole left by the deparures of Fletch, Nate and/or Kelsay.

Ok, you sounded good until this point. You come our clearly stateing that a WR is the last thing this team needs, which is totally false, but i'll go with it, but then you come and say we should select a RB..... umm

I think we need to select a RB in this draft but in no way we can give a first round pick on a RB. We still have Willis MaGahee and i know you can be like well it's his last season next year but i'd take the risk unless there is someone who can can't pass up, and in this draft there is no RB's who you cant pass up on. Peterson and Lynch have their problems too.

Imagine if Evans had a tall guy on the other side. Our redzone offense would go way up, there would be little pressure on him and i think he would have a Roy Williams type rookie year, 640-700 reciving yards with 7-8 touchdowns.

I said pick a running back OR an impact player on defense.

I definitely think that the priority should go to the defense, but if a Laurence Maroney clone is available at #19, he would help this team A LOT more than any WR would. Wide receivers take years to assimilate to the NFL game, with very few exceptions. Running backs, on the other hand, are capable of coming in and making an impact right away. D'Angelo Williams, Jerrious Norwood, and Maroney singlehandedly won games for their teams.

Ok, you sounded good until this point. You come our clearly stateing that a WR is the last thing this team needs, which is totally false, but i'll go with it, but then you come and say we should select a RB..... umm

I think we need to select a RB in this draft but in no way we can give a first round pick on a RB. We still have Willis MaGahee and i know you can be like well it's his last season next year but i'd take the risk unless there is someone who can can't pass up, and in this draft there is no RB's who you cant pass up on. Peterson and Lynch have their problems too.

Imagine if Evans had a tall guy on the other side. Our redzone offense would go way up, there would be little pressure on him and i think he would have a Roy Williams type rookie year, 640-700 reciving yards with 7-8 touchdowns.

I said pick a running back OR an impact player on defense.

I definitely think that the priority should go to the defense, but if a Laurence Maroney clone is available at #19, he would help this team A LOT more than any WR would. Wide receivers take years to assimilate to the NFL game, with very few exceptions. Running backs, on the other hand, are capable of coming in and making an impact right away. D'Angelo Williams, Jerrious Norwood, and Maroney singlehandedly won games for their teams.

I just don't think theres anyone out there who is like a stud to must-have at RB. Kenny Irions?

And Norwood was a 3rd round pick.

i agree that we are in serious need of help in the trenches.

but sitting at number 12 if Jarrett is there, you pick him.

No. We need OLine help. All good things on offense will happen after we get a solid line. The talent level of our backs, receivers, and qb's will all increase once that happens. A much greater result than drafting a single high profile college receiver. imho

This is such a silly conversation to me. Yah Jarret would be that "sexy pick" that everyone would love, but it would be the dumbest thing Levy could do, and there is no way he'll do that. This team need D-Lineman and O-Lineman, and the only way I see them taking another postion is if a stud MLB is there. I have a hunch that Levy will go after DE Gaines Adams or DE Moses if they are there. If they are both gone I would love to go after DT Branch for Michigan. The cover 2 only works when the strength of your defense is your D-Lineman. In the cover 2 we rarely blitz so it's very important to have a pass rush. The best case scenario in my mind is having Levy sign Simeon Rice (expected to be cut) then draft a big DT like Branch if he is there. We would istantly make the D-Line one of our strengths.

If anyone watched the Rose Bowl they talked about Jarrett leaving early for the pros, but from what the media says, Keyshawn Johnson told Jarrett NOT to come out yet, that hes not ready for the NFL, hes not physical enough for the NFL.

If anything I have to beleive Keyshawn.....This is the only RED FLAG I have with Jarrett.

Reminds me of Mike Williams, he was a beast with USC, now you never hear from him

The case for/against Jarrett boils down to one thing:

How many opportunities do you think the Bills will have to improve their o-line? Their d-line? Their linebacking corps?

If, like me, you believe the Bills are a small market team that won't be able to compete in free agency, they better start using premium draft picks to get some big guys on the team. I'm sure we won't be shutout in free agency altogether, but what kind of players are we going to get? Did Tripplett help at all with run defense? Was he even all that good rushing the passer to justify his signing? Was Fowler any more than just adequate at times -- did he help the runblocking much? Was Tutan Reyes not a complete waste?

This first round draft pick will be one of the Bills' few opportunities to improve their ability to stop the run or run the ball themselves.

I think Buffalo's priorities are simple........

Fix the OL, Fix the DL....go from there!

I think you will see alot more productivity out of our WR's even more so with a good OL, that can run block and pass block....so to me WR is not as important as OL & DL, but yet I can see a WR coming to Buffalo via FA or even later in the draft.

I'd avoid him like the plague. You know, bad things happen in "threes". Highly touted USC WRs have not endeared themselves in the pros as of late. Keary Colbert has been a bust, Mike Williams has been a bust. Could Jarret be a bust too? I don't know, but I get the sense that either they are products of the offense they play within or the QBs that are throwing to them.

Jarrett had a great game against Michigan... but then again, Troy Smith lit up Michigan. Troy Smith is not an NFL QB. Is Jarret that good or is the Michigan pass defense that bad... I think it is the latter, but, time will tell.

Bills could do better with their 1st Rd. pick than Jarrett IMO.