How tough was our schedule this year?

It doesn't get any easier next year either.

Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Cincy, Cleveland, Philly, Dallas, NY Giants, Washington, Kansas City or Denver*, Jacksonville or Tennessee*

Plus our division, which appears will be even tougher next year.

*Games dependent on who ends up in 3rd place in their division.

You dont know what next year holds!

Those teams you mention could have a down year or could have major injuries.

If Buffalo played in the NFC, I bet they would be in the #2 spot for the playoffs, that NFC division is dreadfull. Look at how bad the Giants have played past few weeks, they are 7-8 and still hold the last wildcard spot. To me thats just awful. Look at Seattle they won their division and they are what 8-7 right now....

You cant base our 2007 schedule on what teams are doing this year.

Granted we played the top 8 teams in the power rankings........

However....

With a play here and there Buffalo is 7-2 against those teams. Only loses that were true loses was to the Pats the 2nd time we played them and to the Bears.

Could not agree more. I make the point to show that the Bills are a better team than the record shows. I am very much looking forward to next year.

Could not agree more. I make the point to show that the Bills are a better team than the record shows. I am very much looking forward to next year.

I agree...Between the Pats, Jets, and Bills, this division will be a nightmare next year...I wouldn't be surprised to see tiebreakers decide the division title.

I dont care how "tough" our schedule was this year, that was not the problem. We didnt beat the bad teams and didnt win the games we should have won. We lost to Detroit, NYJ, and Tennessee, and those were the heartbreakers.

I could also argue that with the exception of the Bears, we played better against better teams such as the Patriots, Colts, Chargers, a winning Miami team at the time, and important divsional game and possible wild card spot with the Jets.

I dont know how many times ive said it to people, yet you are the only one who gets it........

I said it lastweek, this team was 5 plays away from having a dog fight for homefield advantage for the playoffs. Yet noone sees it.

But they key to this team is keeping the guys who make the team work, Clements and Fletcher are MAJOR keys to what this team can do next year.

If we can add 2 DL, 2 OL and a nice WR to go along with Evans, this team will be dangerous. I believe in the system they are running with the Bills. Its crazy noone sees this.

We have a team thats 7-8, but honestly with a flip of a switch this team very well could be 11-4 easily!!!!!!! maybe even better, there were only 2 games that we were clearly out played, 2nd game against the Pats and the Bears game, only game we lost by more then that was the first Jets game where we should have won if it was not for turnovers......

I have tried to look at the negatives about this team, but i just cant find many. Other then Run D and the OL still needs a little tweeking.

A good draft and a few solid FA's this team is a contender!

The NFL has been striving toward a world in which the "any given Sunday" cliche holds true and any team can beat any other team anytime seemingly regardless of their past record.

They have not only suceeded in the sense that several allegedly knowlegable pundits had a Miami team as a possible Super Bowl winner as the season began based on them putting together a pretty nice string of victories (thus though the pundits were fools they were not baseless fools and on the field performance was the basis for these predictions) but also even first half of the season performance is not always an accurate predictor of second half performance.

It seems legit for all of us fans to predict who may be a tough opponent next year, but certainly one need only look at the losses wracked up by the "flawless" Indy team produced after a perfect start and look at the improvement of TN's results after this one looked like a sure win at mid season and one need only look at the Bills record this year to see that while one can predict whether a schedule will be hard or soft next year. it would simply be foolish to not caveat these predictions with a recognition that they may well be all wrong.

The Tennessee game wasn't that big of a shock to me. What gets me was losing to the Detroit :thumbsup: Lions

Yeah that game , along with the 1st Jets game for me. Mostly because we are clearly a better team than the Jets and had no business losing to them that day.

If you put any faith in the Power Rankings you only have to look at Dr. Z's. Eight of our games were/are against teams that are currently in the top eight power rankings. Now that's a tough schedule.

Buffalo had the toughest schedule in the league this year. Check out the opponets W-L% (which they use to determine draft order), we have the highest at .571 and we have the Ravens next so it's sure to up even more...

http://www.gbnreport.com/weeklydraftorder.htm

I dont know how many times ive said it to people, yet you are the only one who gets it........

I said it lastweek, this team was 5 plays away from having a dog fight for homefield advantage for the playoffs. Yet noone sees it.

But they key to this team is keeping the guys who make the team work, Clements and Fletcher are MAJOR keys to what this team can do next year.

If we can add 2 DL, 2 OL and a nice WR to go along with Evans, this team will be dangerous. I believe in the system they are running with the Bills. Its crazy noone sees this.

We have a team thats 7-8, but honestly with a flip of a switch this team very well could be 11-4 easily!!!!!!! maybe even better, there were only 2 games that we were clearly out played, 2nd game against the Pats and the Bears game, only game we lost by more then that was the first Jets game where we should have won if it was not for turnovers......

I have tried to look at the negatives about this team, but i just cant find many. Other then Run D and the OL still needs a little tweeking.

We don't need 2 DL. We have two young studs in McCargo and the white guy (my mind went blank on the name). They will get bigger and stronger. We probably need 2 OL, but I expect only one, because they will bring back Reyes on one side and add a new guy on the other. I agree we need a Drew Bennett-type to play along with Evans. Maybe even Drew Bennett himself. If we don't sign Fletcher, we will need to bring in a big, hard-nosed linebacker just in case Spikes doesn't work out. Ellison and Crowell are find on the outside spots. I think we need a Leon Washington type 3rd down back as well. He would give the Bills a different look than Willis.

That is a stupid homer excuse. I know it is always good to see the glass 1/2 full, but let's be serious.

Half the teams in the league are 5 plays away from homefield advantage....That is the way it is every year. To quote Bill Parcells, "You are who your record says you are" and the Bills are an 8-8 team. Think about it...The Jets are a goalline stand against Indy, a red zone INT against CHI, a horrible call against CLE away from winning the AFC East and wondering which team is coming to NY for a home game.

Good teams finish games....Every team is a few plays away from the post-season...It is those few plays that separate the teams that play in January from those that go golfing in December.