10 Points to ponder...

rockpile

2 points New England 9/10

3 points Detroit 10/15

1 point Indianapolis 11/12

3 points San Diego 12/3

1 point Tennessee 12/24

Buffalo lost five games by a FG or less. IF they can address some key positions and better themselves for 2007, things could be very bright.

I just got off the phone with the Bills ticket office to make sure I am on their list in case things work out that I get season tix for next year.

The hardest thing for me is saying once again, "wait until next year". I have been saying this since 1967.

I did enjoy a good part of this season, and I guess can be optimistic or I can find another team. :thumbsup:

2 points  New England 9/10

3 points  Detroit 10/15

1 point    Indianapolis 11/12

3 points    San Diego 12/3

1 point    Tennessee 12/24

Buffalo lost five games by a FG or less. IF they can address some key positions and better themselves for 2007, things could be very bright.

I just got off the phone with the Bills ticket office to make sure I am on their list in case things work out that I get season tix for next year.

The hardest thing for me is saying once again, "wait until next year". I have been saying this since 1967.

I did enjoy a good part of this season, and I guess can be optimistic or I can find another team.  :thumbsup:

878419[/snapback]

Ive said it once I will say it again..........

This team was 5 plays away from fighting for homefield advantage for the playoffs this year. Just bothers me how people are complaining about that. Trust me I want to see a winner more then anyone around here, but from what I seen last year with this team to this years team, ive seen a MAJOR turnaround.

When the experts are asked what teams to lookout for next year, mark my words the Buffalo Bills will be one of those teams.

This team is 5 players away from being a very good football team!

I dont have many complaints about the season, I said 7-9 would be big for this team before the season began and I stick by what I said.....granted we are 7-8, but on the other hand we could be 11-4......

This team has found out how to win on the road! Its coming along!

The teams biggest problem is that so many of the players, especially the team leaders, do not know how to win a game when it is on the line because the team had had so little success the past 7 years.

Winning is a learned behavior and with the right moves in the off season and a strong start to the season, the Bills can be a serious playoff contender next year. However, we have to find at least three starters on the defensive side of the ball, with Clements a sure bet to leave, Fletcher may go and the team must find a big DT because the small and quick idea sounds great on paper but after giving up 140 yards a game on the ground, it works like crap on the field.

And the bills only won against the Texans and Jags by 3 so they were two plays away from losing two more games. In the end it doesn't matter how much you win by. The fact is you don't need to blow a team out to dominate them. Just get a lead, lean on your defense and control the clock.

2 points  New England 9/10

3 points  Detroit 10/15

1 point    Indianapolis 11/12

3 points    San Diego 12/3

1 point    Tennessee 12/24

I did enjoy a good part of this season, and I guess can be optimistic or I can find another team.  :doh:

878419[/snapback]

The Differance this year has brought is that we have a strong nucleus of young players, that not only gained experiance but won a fair amount of games, years past we had a group of 2nd tier veterans that where moreless patchworked together, now we have something real to build on

And the bills only won against the Texans and Jags by 3 so they were two plays away from losing two more games.  In the end it doesn't matter how much you win by.  The fact is you don't need to blow a team out to dominate them. Just get a lead, lean on your defense and control the clock.

878588[/snapback]

Sounds easy! :doh:

...but it is TRUE!

This is one reason why I want the Bills to beat the Colt... um I mean Baltimore RAVENS. For those young players who are growing with this team, it would be good to end on a positive note with momentum. The difference between the loser Bills and the winner Bills in the beginning of the glory years was winning those three point games.

Honestly, who cares? I remember Gregg Williams on Rome after '01 saying they lost x games by >3 points and missed 2 FG's in each of those games.

If you watch the Lions & Packers game w/out homer glasses it's pretty clear that the losing team was closer to winning the 24-10 game than the 20-17 game. Also the Jags game where we gave up 200+ rushing yards. As for Indy...If we were ever -2 in turnovers in a game & gave up a defensive TD and won by a point would that be considered a game "we should've lost"? I think we'd be saying the other team was lucky to be close.

The Differance this year has brought is that we have a strong nucleus of young players, that not only gained experiance but won a fair amount of games, years past we had a group of 2nd tier veterans that where moreless patchworked together, now we have something real to build on

And what encourages me is that this nucleus of young players started winning and got a taste of pressure/playoff-style football. One would hope that would make them hungry for next season.

Hopefully, the difference between this nucleus and the nucleus of 2004 is the coaching.

The 10 points to ponder:

1. Will Nate Clements get re-signed as a buffalo bill for the next 5-6 years.

2. Will sufficient upgrade be made at the guard positions

3. Will we have a shot at top tier free agents like Lance Briggs, Eric Steinbach and our our own Clements.

4. Will we shore up our DT position in the off season ?

5. Will London Fletcher be re-signed by the Bills ?

6. Will Takeo Spikes come back from the injury to his good old days ?

7. What should J.P do to further improve his status as the current/future starting QB of the Bills ?

8. Will McGahee be comitted to report to the team in the offseason and not be a hold out ?

9. Will we upgrade the TE position

10. Will there be any coaching staff changes ?

I care. :doh:

My point was "The difference between the loser Bills and the winner Bills in the beginning of the glory years was winning those three point games."

Quite often the better team does not win by the numbers, but they find a way to win by the points on the board - especially those close games.

Honestly, who cares? I remember Gregg Williams on Rome after '01 saying they lost x games by >3 points and missed 2 FG's in each of those games.

If you watch the Lions & Packers game w/out homer glasses it's pretty clear that the losing team was closer to winning the 24-10 game than the 20-17 game. Also the Jags game where we gave up 200+ rushing yards. As for Indy...If we were ever -2 in turnovers in a game & gave up a defensive TD and won by a point would that be considered a game "we should've lost"? I think we'd be saying the other team was lucky to be close.