Well...

What's the prevailing feeling among you tards?

I think the Defense is actually WORSE than the offense. No tackling. Poor schemes. Lack of LB talent.

Considering all the picks Marv wasted on the D, it sure doesn't look much better.

What a sickening loss that was. Yet again, everything's falling into place and the team chokes like Paris Hilton after a night of coke-induced whoring.

The irony is because we are Buffalo Bills fans, next week all of the teams that we needed to lose will lose, and the Bills will stomp the Ravens.

878031[/snapback]

Yup.

The team and town are cursed. I'm just waiting for the rash of injuries to smite the Sabres and ruin their chances.

Considering all the picks Marv wasted on the D, it sure doesn't look much better.

878008[/snapback]

Those wasted picks are still learning to play in the NFL, and most of them are starting! For the first times in their lives they are playing a 16 game schedule in the NFL...you can't expect them to play at a pro-bowl level, especially when there are so many of them as each others supporting cast. Whitner is not playing next to a long time savvy vet...he's playing next Ko, and vice versa.

IMO, those picks are a reason to be excited about next year. The play of the Oline...especially the edges, is a reason to be excited. JP LOSMAN! For once in how many years do we have a young talented QB ready to take control of the field next year? Lee Evans is playing great ball right now, and the other WRs on the field have improved since the beginning of the year.

Yes, there are serious holes. DT and LB must be upgraded...but with another off-season like last year I expect that to happen.

I certainly understand everyones feelings about yesterday. I felt sick for hours after that game. Same as every other year. But this is the first time in as long as I can remember that I feel good about where the team is going, and don't dread the thought of too many holes to fill in one off-season. Filling the holes on this team is do-able.

Those wasted picks are still learning to play in the NFL, and most of them are starting!  For the first times in their lives they are playing a 16 game schedule in the NFL...you can't expect them to play at a pro-bowl level, especially when there are so many of them as each others supporting cast.  Whitner is not playing next to a long time savvy vet...he's playing next Ko, and vice versa.

IMO, those picks are a reason to be excited about next year.  The play of the Oline...especially the edges, is a reason to be excited.  JP LOSMAN!  For once in how many years do we have a young talented QB ready to take control of the field next year?  Lee Evans is playing great ball right now, and the other WRs on the field have improved since the beginning of the year.

Yes, there are serious holes.  DT and LB must be upgraded...but with another off-season like last year I expect that to happen. 

I certainly understand everyones feelings about yesterday.  I felt sick for hours after that game.  Same as every other year.  But this is the first time in as long as I can remember that I feel good about where the team is going, and don't dread the thought of too many holes to fill in one off-season.  Filling the holes on this team is do-able.

878041[/snapback]

......and considering all the negative factors on D......we are 18th in the league in yards allowed & 12th in points per game. That is a great improvement over 29th & 24th respectively.

I think the Defense is actually WORSE than the offense. No tackling. Poor schemes. Lack of LB talent.

What a sickening loss that was. Yet again, everything's falling into place and the team chokes like Paris Hilton after a night of coke-induced whoring.

878008[/snapback]

How can you say the D isn't any better? We rank 12th in the league in points against (19.5 points per game). Yes, we're still weak against the rush (29th) but good against the pass (7th) and 18th overall in yards. In comparison last season we gave up 22.9 points per game, ranked 31st against the rush, 19th against the pass and 29th overall.

The offense has improved as well but think it's more noticable because you can see the improvement in JP's play more easily then you can for an entire group ie the D.

I thought I heard yesterday that we were leading the league in fewest points allowed over the last six weeks......

878052[/snapback]

I also heard that we were 2nd in the league for sacks by our DEs. I truly think the D is still the strength of this team compared to the offense. Though our special teams is probably the best of our three units but has taken a small step back from years past.

I also heard that we were 2nd in the league for sacks by our DEs. I truly think the D is still the strength of this team compared to the offense. Though our special teams is probably the best of our three units but has taken a small step back from years past.

878054[/snapback]

The D is not good in the clutch. It can't stop anyone whn you need it.

To me, that's the thing.

To me, that's the thing.

878061[/snapback]

The O also has had troubles inside the redzone and sustaining drives and/or killing the clock when needed. As we shouldn't have to count on the D to stop the opposition in their final drive in order to win. I'm not blaming the O completely for the loss yesterday but they definately played a part in having to settle for 5 field goals.

878008[/snapback]

My feeling? As I recently posted elsewhere:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v246/big...nd20raiders.jpg

To me, that's the thing.

878061[/snapback]

Actually they can......when they don't you(& others) say they can't. When the do it's happy days & goes unremembered.

MIA shutout

NYJ shoutout in second half

JAX....apart from a meaningless junk time TD, all they got in the second half was a FG & 4 punts.

HOU shutout in second half

GB....4th Q goes.....FG, Punt, INT, Downs

878008[/snapback]

??? tards?

Check the stats and you will find that the defense has improve quite a bit from last year. Still a ways to go but on the right track.

I don't think they choked. They played hard and had a shot to win it. The Titans made some big plays, the Bills needed to make few more plays but did not do it.

'zackly.

Oh what could have been if ANYONE could tackle in the NE (in NE), Indy, SD, and Tennessee games.

878066[/snapback]

I agree wholedheartedly, the lack of an ability to stop crucial 4th quarter drives was sickening. You just have to have a D that can make those stops to even think about getting in the playoffs, let alone going anywhere once in.

I don't give a damn about stats, when it was crunch time we were bowled over like the sta-puff marshmallow man.