Do you think the Bills will have interest

stuckincincy

Kelley Washington is unrestricted next season - but is on IR with a hamstring. He was a desirable RFA, but carried a 3rd round comp cost. AFAIK, his hamstring should recover.

Washington is a big receiver, throws blocks. College neck injury saw him fall in his draft, and seems to have have grown out of the often-typical 20+ year-old athlete attitude.

Henry has great potential, 7 or so TDs, brilliant one game and a short-handing SOB the next. Plus off-field stuff. Ronnie Harmon-esque?

I watch these two play - just offering them up for consideration here, something to kick around...

Washington will get $$$ elsewhere if he's 100%, and Palmer has kept up tossing Henry's way but despite public support, I think he's through with him.

if washington has grown out of that attitude it's only because he is like 30, he was a 25 or 26 year old rookie. truth is they both have issues I think if one free agent WR interests Buffalo, he will be playing against them tomorrow, (Bennett)

But this draft is extremely deep in WRs if Rice, Jarrett, and Johnson declare and it is expected at least 2 of 3 will.

Neither.  I don't like taking the risk on K. Wash with the injury - hammies can take a long time to recover from and slow a player down.

C. Henry has too much off the field stuff.

I'd rather take a WR in the 4th round ro so.

875740[/snapback]

Agreed on the hamstring. He was kept on the roster for 5 or 6 games, but went to IR last week. He would be very useful if recovered.

Henry has recently kept his nose clean. Problem with him on the field is being dynamite one game and bum the next. To the extent that anyone can make a prediction, I think the B'gals peddle him for a 4th or for a 3rd, and that they trade lower in next year's draft to pick OSU's Ginn, Jr. or Gonzales, if they declare as eligible..

I'd be a bit surprised if Chad Johnson plays more than a year or two hence...

I like Chris Henry. The only issue with him is if you can keep him motivated on and off the field. He's extremelly talented. Henry has the ability to be an all pro wr. The question is can someone get him to play up to his potential while keeping him out of trouble. I'm not very high on kelley washington.

damn, did i miss the last two games of the year? last thing i remember the bills were trying to squeeze into the playoff picture. now free agency has already begun.  :sick:

875766[/snapback]

Er, just thought I'd post a topic - during a lull - that didn't include crying about attendance. Or blackouts.

Add what you will, Capt'n... :lol:

Throwing in my 3 cents just because.

IMHO, say no to both. Washington's injuries would be the main reason for me to shy away from him. Besides I think there are better FAs, and rookies that will fit the Bills model much better than KW.

Chris Henry by all means stay away from. The guy has been nothing but a trouble maker since college. He has all the talent to be a poor man's Randy Moss, but unfortunately he has an even worse attitude.

However, if you guys want a WR from WVU, I have just the man for the job and he will be a steal in the draft unless he blows up at the combine.

Brandon Myles 6'3", 185lbs. runs the 40 in the low 4.4s...maybe even 4.3s. I dont know exact times offhand. While his stats will never impress you, mainly due to the fact that WVU is a rushing offense, his work ethic, agility, and playmaking ability will. right now I see him slated as a mid-second day pick, only because he didn't get the opportunity to be the star WR he is capable of in the WVU system.

Here is his bio from WVU's athletic homepage: Brandon Myles

Tell me what you think

Throwing in my 3 cents just because. 

IMHO, say no to both.  Washington's injuries would be the main reason for me to shy away from him.  Besides I think there are better FAs, and rookies that will fit the Bills model much better than KW.

Chris Henry by all means stay away from.  The guy has been nothing but a trouble maker since college.  He has all the talent to be a poor man's Randy Moss, but unfortunately he has an even worse attitude.

However, if you guys want a WR from WVU, I have just the man for the job and he will be a steal in the draft unless he blows up at the combine.

Brandon Myles 6'3", 185lbs.  runs the 40 in the low 4.4s...maybe even 4.3s.  I dont know exact times offhand.  While his stats will never impress you, mainly due to the fact that WVU is a rushing offense, his work ethic, agility, and playmaking ability will.  right now I see him slated as a mid-second day pick, only because he didn't get the opportunity to be the star WR he is capable of in the WVU system.

Here is his bio from WVU's athletic homepage: Brandon Myles

Tell me what you think

875800[/snapback]

Thanks for the heads-up! I'll watch for his play in the Gator Bowl.

Kelley Washington is unrestricted next season - but is on IR with a hamstring. He was a desirable RFA, but carried a 3rd round comp cost. AFAIK, his hamstring should recover.

Washington is a big receiver, throws blocks. College neck injury saw him fall in his draft,  and seems to have have grown out of the often-typical 20+ year-old athlete attitude.

Henry has great potential, 7 or so TDs, brilliant one game and a short-handing SOB the next. Plus off-field stuff. Ronnie Harmon-esque?

I watch these two play - just offering them up for consideration here, something to kick around...

Washington will get $$$ elsewhere if he's 100%, and Palmer has kept up tossing Henry's way but despite public support, I think he's through with him.

875734[/snapback]

I've stated in another thread that Washington could be a cheap alternative if can't land a Drew Bennett. Granted he has a lot to prove to be #1 or #2 like Bennett is but like his upside more then Peerless Price.

I've liked Henry ever since he came out of West Virginia per this old thread of course I think it's too high of risk to invest a 3rd Round pick in im now that we've lost our 5th Rounder in acquiring Hargrove. I say that because he's been suspended once, the next time he gets one it be for a season and then be out of the league.

Henry has recently kept his nose clean.

875753[/snapback]

You know most people tend to stay out of jail for more than a few weeks at a time right? Its amazing to think that wow he was arrested 5 times this season but you know what he hasn't been arrested in the last four months so he's getting better and is keeping his nose clean. This guy should be in prison and i hope he comes nowhere near the Buffalo Bills. His 6:5, TD:Arrest ratio just isn't worth his imbecillic ass coming to Buffalo. Cincinattica is a joke of an organization who allow thugs get away with everything, and since all these arrests have taken place I have lost ALL respect for Marvin Lewis. Chris Henry will get himself run out of the league.

I've stated in another thread that Washington could be a cheap alternative if can't land a Drew Bennett. Granted he has a lot to prove to be #1 or #2 like Bennett is but like his upside more then Peerless Price.

I've liked Henry ever since he came out of West Virginia per this old thread of course I think it's too high of risk to invest a 3rd Round pick in im now that we've lost our 5th Rounder in acquiring Hargrove. I say that because he's been suspended once, the next time he gets one it be for a season and then be out of the league.

875822[/snapback]

Good run-down on both players. I think Washington could be a tough, effective player if he has finally wised up and gets past the injury. I think he's wised up. Henry could be stellar if he had half a brain or half an ounce of gravel in his guts. No cure for that lack.

But if it is so that he is persona non grata with CIN - likely - it makes for an interesting situation. He was their 3rd rounder in 2005. So he has zero FA options.

Just a guess, but I could see him peddled for a 4th rounder this April with a 5th or 6th pick in '08. Who would bite is the question...

You know most people tend to stay out of jail for more than a few weeks at a time right? Its amazing to think that wow he was arrested 5 times this season but you know what he hasn't been arrested in the last four months so he's getting better and is keeping his nose clean. This guy should be in prison and i hope he comes nowhere near the Buffalo Bills. His 6:5, TD:Arrest ratio just isn't worth his imbecillic ass coming to Buffalo. Cincinattica is a joke of an organization who allow thugs get away with everything, and since all these arrests have taken place I have lost ALL respect for Marvin Lewis. Chris Henry will get himself run out of the league.

875827[/snapback]

If you think that "Cincinnattica" is the only joke of an organization when it comes to the fact that the NFL league-wide hires and tolerates jackasses so we fans can get our vicarious rocks off and concurrently feed their till, you need to experience an epiphany... :lol:

If you think that "Cincinnattica" is the only joke of an organization when it comes to the fact that the NFL league-wide hires and tolerates jackasses so we fans can get our vicarious rocks off and concurrently feed their till, you need to experience an epiphany... :lol:

875844[/snapback]

Until i see double digit arrests out of other teams in a calendar year then I'll consider Cincy the biggest joke of an organization in the NFL. Even guys like TO may be jackasses but he's not a criminal, there's a big difference between tolerating "jackasses" and letting criminals to permeate your orgainzation are two completely different things IMHO.

Good run-down on both players. I think Washington could be a tough, effective player if he has finally wised up and gets past the injury. I think he's wised up. Henry could be stellar if he had half a brain or half an ounce of gravel in his guts.  No cure for that lack.

But if it is so that he is persona non grata with CIN - likely - it makes for an interesting situation. He was their 3rd rounder in 2005.  So he has zero FA options.

Just a guess, but I could see him peddled for a 4th rounder this April with a 5th or 6th pick in '08. Who would bite is the question...

875841[/snapback]

The Raiders come to mind with them having guys who seemingly want out in Randy Moss and Jerry Porter. The Vikings and Chiefs also lack a quality WRs off the top of my head.

Henry has recently kept his nose clean. Problem with him on the field is being dynamite one game and bum the next. To the extent that anyone can make a prediction, I think the B'gals peddle him for a 4th or for a 3rd, and that they trade lower in next year's draft to pick OSU's Ginn, Jr. or Gonzales, if they declare as eligible..

875753[/snapback]

Yeah. I don't know if I'd say that not getting arrested since the start of the season (or just before) is keeping his nose clean recently though.

Henry comes with a bunch of baggage. If he gets convicted for the DWI in January then its a 4-game suspension for next season. I'd prefer to not take that chance.

Until i see double digit arrests out of other teams in a calendar year then I'll consider Cincy the biggest joke of an organization in the NFL. Even guys like TO may be jackasses but he's not a criminal, there's a big difference between tolerating "jackasses" and letting criminals to permeate your orgainzation are two completely different things IMHO.

875855[/snapback]

Er, it's not my organization. Were it, or any NFL team, I would sell it as fast as I could. 10 million clear in my pocket would suit me, moreso the better. The NFL is not a heartfelt drama - I give it and it's participants some interest. But they are private concerns.

Define your criminals...4 young, rich DUI offenders dripping with money, piss and vinegar like a bunch of NFL game attendees minus the millions of $$$? Let's have DUI checkpoints outside NFL stadiums if you are hot about criminals. The B'gals bought a college punk who broke into a dorm with a buddy - a supplemental draft choice. No crime adjuciated yet. 3rd rounder Frostee Rucker with pending charges for violence against others - if presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law rings a bell with you. Possibly not.

The recent criminal, Delthea O'Neal - no prior record whatsoever - had a 0.1 alcohol level with a State conviction limit of 0.08. And caught not for erratic driving or causing an accident - just one of the 4 of 500+ that evening that the State chose to detain sans probable cause in a roadblock presuming guilt over innocence.

Best thing for you to do is to write Congress, get the NFL controlled by the government masters, and kick that private control of the sports biz out.

Your opinion about some recent or not-so-recent happenstances with the Chargers and Bears players would be appreciated..