FSN PRO FOOTBALL PREVIEW

DieHardFan

Caught a bit of the show (anal-ysts are Eddie George, Jason Sehorn,Tim Brown and Jay Glazer). Had good things to say about Losman but noted that he would be given alot more attention if he wasn't on "that team just south of Canada". Maybe the conspiracy fanatics around here are right.

And that is a slam how?

875579[/snapback]

Buffalo is in the US. It should not matter that it borders that tundra but some people equate proximity with similarity. They must think that the lack of a border wall means that there are many Canadians in Buffalo.

The truth is that they spread out all over once they get here. Trust me, Indiana has too many Canadians and it is not really close to the border at all. I know that one Canadian is too many but there are a lot everywhere. Indiana is just an example I'm using. The problem is the same in other states too. I think they should build that border wall the republicans want. It can't hurt.

I think they should deport Canadian sex symbol Celine Dion to send a message.

I heard that Tim Brown called it "Siberia." I guess that 51-3 whooping will NEVER go away. :lol:

Speaking of which, I saw a replay of the Bills-Houston comeback game yesterday. Was surprised to see ingerviews with Bubba McDowell, Haywood Jeffires, Kevin Gilbride, and Spencer Tillman, who basically said that they choked, that the coaches were to blame partly, and that they realized the refs weren't going to make any calls against the Bills that day.

i think it s a slam just as much as it is a slam evertime i here so and so is going to new york to take on the Jets or Giants!!!!!! christ sake there is only 1 NY team and that my friends is the BUFFALO BILLS!! giants and jets need to either move to ny or change there name!

GO BILLS........ 31-17

Buffalo is in the US.  It should not matter that it borders that tundra but some people equate proximity with similarity.  They must think that the lack of a border wall means that there are many Canadians in Buffalo.

The truth is that they spread out all over once they get here.  Trust me, Indiana has too many Canadians and it is not really close to the border at all.  I know that one Canadian is too many but there are a lot everywhere.  Indiana is just an example I'm using.  The problem is the same in other states too.  I think they should build that border wall the republicans want.  It can't hurt.

I think they should deport Canadian sex symbol Celine Dion to send a message.

875628[/snapback]

Is this Canada-bashing supposed to be a joke or are you just an !@#$? And as far as those morons on FSN, so sorry we WNYers have to rough it up here in the hinterlands, but I guess the same could be said for Detroit, or Seattle? I mean, Canada encroaches on them too don't it? :lol:

Is this Canada-bashing supposed to be a joke or are you just an !@#$?  And as far as those morons on FSN, so sorry we WNYers have to rough it up here in the hinterlands, but I guess the same could be said for Detroit, or Seattle?  I mean, Canada encroaches on them too don't it? :lol:

875639[/snapback]

Substitute 'troll' for '!@#$', and I think you'll be on the right track...

Let the analyst bash Buffalo. In my opinion this is part of what makes our fandom so special... its the "us against the world" mentality. I only lived in Buffalo for a few years growing up but to this day feel a bond to the area. I took my 6 year old son to his first game this year to see the Bills beat the Vikings. This was my first visit to the area in quite some time. It's absolutely amazing that the city continues to support a team, with so many fans outside of WNY like myself. I think the Bills should continue to embrace their Canadian fans and strive to become more of a regional attraction. I myself will start making a point to attend at least one game a season now that my son is now too a fan.

Its this type of uniqueness that will make the Bills Superbowl so much more meaningful. Levy recognizes this and will continue to draft players of character that fit the organization and area. Let the Tim Brown types point fun.... as long as we keep kicking the collective cream puff butts when they come to... BUFFALO !!!

Go Bills.

Substitute 'troll' for '!@#$', and I think you'll be on the right track...

875650[/snapback]

Funny how "troll" these days is the equivalent of "is entertaining with an absurd sense of humor and is obviously not serious so why do people get so sensitive about it?"....

Sad to say it, but small market teams are not going to get the attention of the larger market ones. At this point I think the only reason Green Bay gets any mention at all is because of Brett Farve. However, the old cliche is still true:

Winning cures everything. If the Bills can consistently go 10-6, they'll start getting the attention they used to get.

Funny how "troll" these days is the equivalent of "is entertaining with an absurd sense of humor and is obviously not serious so why do people get so sensitive about it?"....

875655[/snapback]

"These days"? Oh, you thought I meant 'troll' as an insult...

I'm assuming you've met Hogboy?

I heard that Tim Brown called it "Siberia."  I guess that 51-3 whooping will NEVER go away. :sick:

Speaking of which, I saw a replay of the Bills-Houston comeback game yesterday.  Was surprised to see ingerviews with Bubba McDowell, Haywood Jeffires, Kevin Gilbride, and Spencer Tillman, who basically said that they choked, that the coaches were to blame partly, and that they realized the refs weren't going to make any calls against the Bills that day.

875632[/snapback]

WTF?! :lol:

They were leading 35-3 how did the refs screw them out of winning???

WTF?!  :lol:

They were leading 35-3 how did the refs screw them out of winning???

875778[/snapback]

The comeback is the best memory I have as a football fan. Having said that EVRYTHING had to go right for it to be possible. I believe the play that brought on those comments was the Don Beebe TD in which he stepped out and came in. It was 35-10 at that point and we just recovered the onside kick. To me that was the most important TD of the comeback besides Reeds 4th down TD grab. It came almost instantly after KD TD run, and gave us hope that the deficit wasn't insurmountable.

I heard that Tim Brown called it "Siberia."  I guess that 51-3 whooping will NEVER go away. :lol:

Speaking of which, I saw a replay of the Bills-Houston comeback game yesterday.  Was surprised to see ingerviews with Bubba McDowell, Haywood Jeffires, Kevin Gilbride, and Spencer Tillman, who basically said that they choked, that the coaches were to blame partly, and that they realized the refs weren't going to make any calls against the Bills that day.

875632[/snapback]

i hardly think 51-3 is the issue for brown -- that day wasn't warm, but it wasn't that cold. rather, my guess is that the day that is forever etched in his memory is the early january 1994 afternoon that he spent in buffalo losing 29-23in subzero temparatures with a windchill shifting back and forth between the minus 20s and the minus 30s.

i hardly think 51-3 is the issue for brown -- that day wasn't warm, but it wasn't that cold. rather, my guess is that the day that is forever etched in his memory is the early january 1994 afternoon that he spent in buffalo losing 29-23in subzero temparatures with a windchill shifting back and forth between the minus 20s and the minus 30s.

875888[/snapback]

I remember Tasker taking a kickoff to the house. Maybe it was the 5. Ahh what a great day that was....

All the Bills have to do is win, and the NFL will remember where the city is located. Considering the road to the Superbowl ran through it for 3 years, it is kind of hard to forget. And a playoff game at the Ralph in Janurary is a thing of beauty!

875888[/snapback]

Damn it was cold that day. The Raiders were doing jumping jacks during commercial breaks. My 5.5 months pregnant wife was with me dressed in my very large brother in law's snowmobile suit. What a game. Wasn't the score more lopsided than that?