Scottie Nichol Needs to be Suspended for Awhile

Alaska Darin

I wouldn't go that far.  I saw Jacque Mailhot attack a guy who was already on a stretcher in the old Colonial League.  Mailhot also touched off a melee that caused so much bad blood that the return matchup melee ended up on ESPN. 

He went blueline-to-blueline, left his feet and crosschecked defensemen Dean Trboyevich in the face, while the puck was on the opposite wing going into the offensive zone.

There are others that were worse but those are the two that stick in my mind.  The minors and juniors have always had worse stuff.

874816[/snapback]

I said "that I'VE seen."

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't get to see the 3rd period, what did I miss?

874702[/snapback]

Missed it last night too - just saw the replay. Spacek took him into the net; Nichol got up and sucker-punched him after the play was over.

I'd say ten games at LEAST for that :lol: .

I wouldn't go that far.  I saw Jacque Mailhot attack a guy who was already on a stretcher in the old Colonial League.  Mailhot also touched off a melee that caused so much bad blood that the return matchup melee ended up on ESPN. 

He went blueline-to-blueline, left his feet and crosschecked defensemen Dean Trboyevich in the face, while the puck was on the opposite wing going into the offensive zone.

There are others that were worse but those are the two that stick in my mind.  The minors and juniors have always had worse stuff.

874816[/snapback]

Guess what? This is yet ANOTHER circumstance where a Sabre player took a cheap shot and no one tried to end the offender's season.

So if the NHL doesn't suspend the Nichol for at least 15, there's no one to blame but the Sabres. If someone on another team does that to one of my team-mates, up comes the stick.

Guess what? This is yet ANOTHER circumstance where a Sabre player took a cheap shot and no one tried to end the offender's season.

So if the NHL doesn't suspend the Nichol for at least 15, there's no one to blame but the Sabres. If someone on another team does that to one of my team-mates, up comes the stick.

874835[/snapback]

How exactly should the Sabres try to retaliate against the offender when the offender was ejected from the game? Storm the dressing room?

How exactly should the Sabres try to retaliate against the offender when the offender was ejected from the game? Storm the dressing room?

874838[/snapback]

BEFORE he was ejected, someone needed to apply justice. Just a little something to make sure the !@#$ doesn't see the ice any time soon.

BEFORE he was ejected, someone needed to apply justice. Just a little something to make sure the !@#$ doesn't see the ice any time soon.

874839[/snapback]

Sure Joe. Let's send Pom, Briere, or Hecht over to kick some ass. Maybe one of them breaks a bone trying to exact "justice" on a fourth line scrub from the other conference in a mostly meaningless midseason game and we lose them for the season. Brilliant.

Stick to being a weathervane.

Props to Biron and Paetsch for trying to get at Nichol.  I know Briere, P'ville, and Hecht are not necessarily bruisers, but it would've been nice to see them attempting to do more, rather than pairing off and holding a guy's sweater, a la Miro Satan.

874827[/snapback]

What more would you have them do?

Sure Joe.  Let's send Pom, Briere, or Hecht over to kick some ass.  Maybe one of them breaks a bone trying to exact "justice" on a fourth line scrub from the other conference in a mostly meaningless midseason game and we lose them for the season.  Brilliant.

874844[/snapback]

What about Peters?

I think they can afford to lose him a while. The trend here is this: Cheapshot a Sabre, NOTHING WILL HAPPEN.

Great trend that.

Sure Joe.  Let's send Pom, Briere, or Hecht over to kick some ass.  Maybe one of them breaks a bone trying to exact "justice" on a fourth line scrub from the other conference in a mostly meaningless midseason game and we lose them for the season.  Brilliant.

874844[/snapback]

I agree....if there was ever a line incapable of responding to an incident like that, its Briere Poms Hecht. That was really one of the worst things I have seen while watching a game in any sport.

I agree....if there was ever a line incapable of responding to an incident like that, its Briere Poms Hecht.  That was really one of the worst things I have seen while watching a game in any sport.

874847[/snapback]

Guys on the bench all have broken legs or something? WTF? Jump out there and make the !@#$er pay!

First guy off the bench is an automatic 10 games.  I guarantee Peters would get double that.  Good idea, Deluca.

874848[/snapback]

Good. And if it means that cheap-shot artist doesn't play for 25, it's well worth it. Because now, following Ovechkin and this, the Sabres will be like sitting ducks out there. Great message.

Good. And if it means that cheap-shot artist doesn't play for 25, it's well worth it. Because now, following Ovechkin and this, the Sabres will be like sitting ducks out there. Great message.

874851[/snapback]

You have no idea what you're talking about and I can virtually guarantee that your "solution" would have the opposite affect. Not only that, it'd very likely derail the actual goal of the season.

Please STFU or go root for the Flyers.

Guys on the bench all have broken legs or something? WTF? Jump out there and make the !@#$er pay!

874849[/snapback]

I was just as ready to jump through the TV and strangle Nichol as you were. But you absolutely cannot send guys off the bench in that instance. You just can't do it.

You have no idea what you're talking about and I can virtually guarantee that your "solution" would have the opposite affect.  Not only that, it'd very likely derail the actual goal of the season.

Please STFU.

874853[/snapback]

!@#$ you, Darin. We'll see what you say after it happens again. And again.

You KNOW Buttman isn't going to do dick about it.

WTF good is Peters if you can't send him out there to !@#$ that guy's world up?

What more would you have them do?

874845[/snapback]

Not sure. I know what you're saying, we don't want Danny Briere breaking a hand while trying to goon it up. Maybe Marty and Paetsch were the only ones who truly saw the punch, so that's why they were the ones reacting.

The beauty of the Ovechkin hit was that Gaustad had three punches to the face before Alex knew what was going on. I fully understand DB, JP, and JH are not Gaustad. I just would've liked to have seen the same urgency in defense of a teammate. Even if they didn't realize what happened, when you turn around and see your goalie throwing the blocker around, you know it must've been serious. Upon watching the replay, Hecht in particular definitely saw what happened and had the opportunity to step in. He instead chose to let his goalie do the business while he grabbed somebody's sleeve.

!@#$ you, Darin. We'll see what you say after it happens again. And again.

You're right Joe. We should take isolated incidents and blow them all out of proportion. Nice liberal thinking there. Welcome to why the welfare state was created.

You KNOW Buttman isn't going to do dick about it.

You're right. I will guarantee he'd do something if the Sabres pulled what you're wishing for and it'd very likely screw us out of any chance at the Stanley Cup. Don't worry, you've never been able to get the big picture, so today won't be any different.

WTF good is Peters if you can't send him out there to !@#$ that guy's world up?

874858[/snapback]

Not alot of good because the NHL has essentially taken away that facet of the game, which allows guys like Nichols to go off. It's not a good situation but there's not a damn thing your solution would do to solve it that would be in the Sabres' favor long term.

Newsflash: the lack of respect between players happens in virtually ever game, virtually every night. Has nothing to do with how many tough guys a team has.