REMINDER: SUNDAY TICKET DOES NOT ESCAPE BLACKOUT

Arkady Renko

:lol:

My service supposedly goes by phone number; I have to have the receiver hooked up to the phone line for Sunday Ticket, and it blacks out games based on the phone exchange, apparently.

874368[/snapback]

In the 8 or so years I have had Sunday Ticket, I have never been required to have that telephone line connected.

DirecTV may say "you must do it", but apparently it is not a hard requirement.

In the 8 or so years I have had Sunday Ticket, I have never been required to have that telephone line connected.

874576[/snapback]

Same here. DirecTV, Sunday Ticket, DVR service. Not even a phone line in my house, let alone one hooked up to the TV.

Whatever anyone says... a phone is not needed.

My question is.  Since its blacked out in WNY is it going to be around the Tennesse area as well.  I'm going up that way for Christmas and I hope can watch the game.

874329[/snapback]

Please don't tell the NFL that little secret....They will catch on and come up with the idea of punishing the road teams market too....

Same here.  DirecTV, Sunday Ticket, DVR service.  Not even a phone line in my house, let alone one hooked up to the TV. 

Whatever anyone says... a phone is not needed.

If you do need one, get Vonage with a 716 Area Code for local programming.....

Gribblenation's a great site, but always read the fine print.  He says he pulls his data from a few other sources, and - bless him - he doesn't make claims for 100% accuracy.  I've caught a few hiccups as the year has progressed.  It's been my experience that the best data comes from www.titantv.com.  Type in your zip code, choose analog or digital, and let 'er rip.  I've found this source to nail it down within about an hour of the blackout, while gribblenation sometimes misses it...guess he has other things to do with his life than to update TV maps.  Go figure.  The upshot is that Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse are screwed blued tattooed.  Going to head upstate to the Watertown area myself.  It's like "The Land The NFL Forgot", and they don't screw with the blackouts up there.

874556[/snapback]

Thanks for the information. I'll give that site a shot. I called a bar down in Watkins Glen and they said they get bills black outs. I figure thats about an hour from Rochester. I may shoot down there then.

Thanks for the information.  I'll give that site a shot.  I called a bar down in Watkins Glen and they said they get bills black outs.  I figure thats about an hour from Rochester.  I may shoot down there then.

874612[/snapback]

This may sounds crazy, but there is this other town about an hour from Rochester....its Orchard something....

I hear the game is on there. :lol:

This may sounds crazy, but there is this other town about an hour from Rochester....its Orchard something....

I hear the game is on there.  :lol:

874614[/snapback]

Read the whole thread. I am a season ticket holder. I had a friend come home from Iraq a week ago and offered to give him my tickets. Thought it'd be a nice patriotic thing to do. Especially around the holidays. Normally, if it wasn't Christmas eve I'd just by another ticket. However, going to the game involves atleast 4 hours before hand, and a solid 3 to 4 hours after, making it a 12 hour day. We all know Orchard Park is a lot further than an hour from Rochester on Sundays. So on Xmas eve I'd rather cruise down a quick hour drive each way, watch the game, and still be home to spend the evening with my family. Now if I wasn't a season ticket holder, I think i'd deserve plenty of bashing for wanting to drive an 60 miles in a different direction to watch the game. Based on the circumstances I think I've more than justified myself. I can only line Ralph's pockets so much.. Wish I had the money to buy every ticket, or the team for that matter.. Maybe someday...

Read the whole thread.  I am a season ticket holder.  I had a friend come home from Iraq a week ago and offered to give him my tickets.  Thought it'd be a nice patriotic thing to do. Especially around the holidays.  Normally, if it wasn't Christmas eve I'd just by another ticket.  However, going to the game involves atleast 4 hours before hand, and a solid 3 to 4 hours after, making it a 12 hour day.  We all know Orchard Park is a lot further than an hour from Rochester on Sundays.  So on Xmas eve I'd rather cruise down a quick hour drive each way, watch the game, and still be home to spend the evening with my family.  Now if I wasn't a season ticket holder, I think i'd deserve plenty of bashing for wanting to drive an 60 miles in a different direction to watch the game.  Based on the circumstances I think I've more than justified myself.  I can only line Ralph's pockets so much.. Wish I had the money to buy every ticket, or the team for that matter.. Maybe someday...

874616[/snapback]

I know man, I saw it, and don't blame you. But its funny that you have to drive just as far to watch it on TV.

I wonder how the traffic is going to end up leaving the game. If there are still 18k tickets unsold, I'm going to guess that there will also be qute a few no-shows, so I'm hoping it won't be as bad as it usually is.

That's really quite brilliant....if it works.  Of course it may cause some billing issues.

874355[/snapback]

It's called "moving." (yes, with the quotes).

Although I don't quite understand how Darin's getting local Buffalo channels, since most locals are broadcast with a spot beam - meaning the signal only covers a certain part of the country.

http://www.dbsforums.com/vbulletin/showthr...ns+directv+spot

http://www.dbsforums.com/vbulletin/attachm...72&d=1093577347

I can see how that'd work to get NYC or LA feeds, but I don't understand how you'd get Buffalo feeds this way.

on a somewhat related note, does anyone know if DirecTV is going to offer customers the chance to purchase the Sunday Ticket for that weekend only, like they did last year for the 12/24 games?

874358[/snapback]

You've always been able to do this (well, for years anyway), but it's a LOT of money.- $40/week (although a post in this thread says it's on sale for only $20/week).

CW

Thanks for the information.  I'll give that site a shot.  I called a bar down in Watkins Glen and they said they get bills black outs.  I figure thats about an hour from Rochester.  I may shoot down there then.

874612[/snapback]

Glad to help, but sad that I've had to learn so much about the blackout and telecasting! Love the Bills (have had season tickets during two stints), respect Ralph for what he's done this year.....but GEEZ LOUISE! We're in the Utica area, and it friggin' baffles me how I can live over 3 hours from the stadium and STILL get blacked out because of a small slice of Yates county - which itself is 2 hours from us. 75-mile blackout zone my @$$. It extends all the way to friggin' Albany. While Chuck Schumer's busy getting the NFL Owners to have a CBA meeting in January, he ought to bring THAT little gem up as well. :lol:

874576[/snapback]

Ditto, I have Sunday ticket and don't have a landline. DIRECTV would like you to believe you have to have a phone line hooked up to your receiver in order to receive the Sunday ticket. I also have Center Ice.

Gribblenation's a great site, but always read the fine print.  He says he pulls his data from a few other sources, and - bless him - he doesn't make claims for 100% accuracy.  I've caught a few hiccups as the year has progressed.  It's been my experience that the best data comes from www.titantv.com.  Type in your zip code, choose analog or digital, and let 'er rip.  I've found this source to nail it down within about an hour of the blackout, while gribblenation sometimes misses it...guess he has other things to do with his life than to update TV maps.  Go figure.  The upshot is that Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse are screwed blued tattooed.  Going to head upstate to the Watertown area myself.  It's like "The Land The NFL Forgot", and they don't screw with the blackouts up there.

874556[/snapback]

Of course, we get Shittsburgh here. I hate Pennsylvania.

Of course, we get Shittsburgh here. I hate Pennsylvania.

874781[/snapback]

Take heart in the knowledge that they're one of the few teams in the AFC Wildcard race that we're actually viewing in our rear view mirror. If I've correctly interpreted the thousand threads on this board covering the tie-breaking scenarios.....well, in all probability, they're sniffin' our tailpipe. And that's a beautiful thing.