It's Bills-Titans week, so I'm back

Starkiller

Hey to everyone who was around back when I first posted here in the 1999 playoffs (no comment :( ). It's been a long time since the Titans have faced the Bills, but as it's that time again, I'm back.

Here's to a good game this weekend (obviously I'm hoping for a different outcome than most of you). Should be pretty close.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey to everyone who was around back when I first posted here in the 1999 playoffs (no comment  :( ). It's been a long time since the Titans have faced the Bills, but as it's that time again, I'm back.

Here's to a good game this weekend (obviously I'm hoping for a different outcome than most of you). Should be pretty close.

872376[/snapback]

Our defense is better, much better than yours and so is our offense, so, no it should not be close. Sorry to kill YOUR star.

Hey to everyone who was around back when I first posted here in the 1999 playoffs (no comment  :( ). It's been a long time since the Titans have faced the Bills, but as it's that time again, I'm back.

872376[/snapback]

Lotta interesting subplots around this one. Two hot teams, two emerging young QBs, Henry vs. the Bills, Willis vs. Henry, obviously all the Home Run Throwback/Illegal Forward Pass discussions that will certainly be brought up ad nauseum during the game.

I think the X-Factor in this game is Vince Young and how the Bills approach him. Our pass defense has been blanketing pretty damn well lately, and we have had a hard time figuring out the run. If Vince can't see the whole field and bolts more often than not, how good a job the Bills do containing him will make all the difference. It is debatable how much Young can do as a pocket passer. There is ample evidence that he is always going to rely on his instinct to run. For awhile, he might be awesome doing just that until his years or injuries catch up with him.

On defense, we know Jeff Fisher is a smart dude. He is going to throw the book at JP. I hope JP can show us yet again how much he has learned.

Here's to a good game. After Houston moved to Tennessee and the Music City Meltdown, I was pretty sure I'd never hate a team as much as I hated the Titans. I've softened a bit and I grew to respect McNair and I like watching Young. This week, though, no question where my loyalties lie. Go Bills!

872376[/snapback]

I have two words for you and the first one is forward. Care to guess the second?

Welcome back, and for what it's worth I too think this will be a good game.

Our defense is better, much better than yours and so is our offense, so, no it should not be close.  Sorry to kill YOUR star.

872384[/snapback]

Yeah, well your defense might be better than ours (debatable at least), but it didn't help the Jags last week...

Tennessee's D has been much better lately than they were early on. They have allowed about 18 ppg over the last 4 weeks (including 17 to Indy).

I hear a lot about the Jags in regards to the Titans. Bills beat them too, so big deal. Not that I think that the Titans will be easy. In fact, I think they will be more challenging than either the Jets or Dolphins...

I think this one will be a close one that can go either way and come down to a play or two, frustrating for either teams' fans.

Jets and Dolphins fans were quite confident about easy victories against the Bills and they were wrong too. The Bills and Titans are both hot teams surprising people, so you're going to have a lot of shocked fans of either of the teams' opponents.

Yeah, well your defense might be better than ours (debatable at least), but it didn't help the Jags last week...

Tennessee's D has been much better lately than they were early on. They have allowed about 18 ppg over the last 4 weeks (including 17 to Indy).

872393[/snapback]

Until Sunday I absolutely hate everything about your :( team....

But come Monday we are cool.....:wallbash:

think the X-Factor in this game is Vince Young and how the Bills approach him.  Our pass defense has been blanketing pretty damn well lately, and we have had a hard time figuring out the run.  If Vince can't see the whole field and bolts more often than not, how good a job the Bills do containing him will make all the difference.  It is debatable how much Young can do as a pocket passer.  There is ample evidence that he is always going to rely on his instinct to run.  For awhile, he might be awesome doing just that until his years or injuries catch up with him.

Young has definitely improved as a passer as the season has progressed. I have a lot of hope for the future. And I don't think he will have to rely on instinct forever. But with his speed, it's good that he can tuck it and run for big gains when he can't find an open receiver.

That said, he certainly has a long way to go. He's very up and down. And his receivers are in short supply. Of the top 3 TEs going into training camp, 2 are on IR and the other missed last week's game. And the WR corps doesn't have a real playmaker despite a few solid guys.

His running ability forces teams to weaken their pass defense somewhat or risk leaving him a lot of running room. He has taken advantage of that in recent games (prior to last week).

Not that I think that the Titans will be easy. In fact, I think they will be more challenging than either the Jets or Dolphins...

872403[/snapback]

Why? Personally I look at the Titans and I see a team doing it with smoke and mirrors. If we keep special teams and turnovers even, I think we win this game going away.

Until Sunday I absolutely hate everything about your  :( team....

But come Monday we are cool.....:wallbash:

872404[/snapback]

Fair enough...

But on the other hand, it didn't work out that way after the MCM, so you never know. As I recall, there was just a touch of resentment that hung around for a while...

872393[/snapback]

Turnovers, and especially touchdown returns off turnovers have a funny way of evening out. See 2004 Bills vs. 2005 Bills.

And remember that those three turnovers happened in Titans territory. You have to factor that into the play of their defense.

Turnovers, and especially touchdown returns off turnovers have a funny way of evening out.  See 2004 Bills vs. 2005 Bills.

And remember that those three turnovers happened in Titans territory.  You have to factor that into the play of  their defense.

872411[/snapback]

Well, I certainly don't expect 3 more defensive TDs like last week. But I also don't expect a zero offensive performance like that again.

Look, the Titans are not a great team, and honestly I think they are probably getting too much credit right now. They have won most of their last 5 straight wins on big plays more than consistent play. But big plays do win games and that makes the Titans very dangerous.

Hey to everyone who was around back when I first posted here in the 1999 playoffs (no comment  :nana: ). It's been a long time since the Titans have faced the Bills, but as it's that time again, I'm back.

872376[/snapback]

Buffalo seems to do well against Non-elite quarterbacks. I think we come out witha win in the likes of 31-17

Young has definitely improved as a passer as the season has progressed. I have a lot of hope for the future. And I don't think he will have to rely on instinct forever. But with his speed, it's good that he can tuck it and run for big gains when he can't find an open receiver.

That said, he certainly has a long way to go. He's very up and down. And his receivers are in short supply. Of the top 3 TEs going into training camp, 2 are on IR and the other missed last week's game. And the WR corps doesn't have a real playmaker despite a few solid guys.

His running ability forces teams to weaken their pass defense somewhat or risk leaving him a lot of running room. He has taken advantage of that in recent games (prior to last week).

872405[/snapback]

I like Vince, but he has a lot to learn. It'll be interesting to see whether that happens or not.

I've felt the same way about our guy for awhile. Finally looks like that is starting to happen and most of us, save for a few knuckleheads, are very happy about it.

I think the use of a couple of our speedier LB/SS types will help counter Vince this time out. But I've been wrong plenty of times and that's why they play the games, innit?

no disrespect but I've noticed some people here saying the Titans won't do well this weekend because they have to travel and it will be cold. I heard it's going to be around 42 degrees and sunny on sunday. That's nothing guys. Do some of you think it's 70 degrees here in Nashville in December? Our team is used to playing in cold weather so it's not going to be a big deal. :nana:

no disrespect but I've noticed some people here saying the Titans won't do well this weekend because they have to travel and it will be cold.  I heard it's going to be around 42 degrees  and sunny on sunday.  That's nothing guys.  Do some of you think it's 70 degrees here in Nashville in December?  Our team is used to playing in cold weather so it's not going to be a big deal. :nana:

872512[/snapback]

It's not the cold weather. It's the swirling winds in the cold weather. Your kicker's range will be a bit neutralized and Vince will have to get used to his ball moving in some ways he's not used to. The ground game (and you have a decent one) will be your best friend in this kind of environment.

no disrespect but I've noticed some people here saying the Titans won't do well this weekend because they have to travel and it will be cold.  I heard it's going to be around 42 degrees  and sunny on sunday.  That's nothing guys.  Do some of you think it's 70 degrees here in Nashville in December?  Our team is used to playing in cold weather so it's not going to be a big deal. :nana:

872512[/snapback]

Average temperature in Buffalo for December is below 30, for Nashville it’s above 40. You can also expect winds to be at least 10+ mph if not 15+ mph. If the conditions are as docile as you point out it will still be the harshest weather Young has ever dealt with. If it isn't as nice as the early reports, which usually is the case, good luck. Opposing fans only seem to get it when their QB says it was the harshest weather they ever played in during the post game.

872512[/snapback]

It was near 50 at gametime last weekend. Ask Joey Harrington (5-17, 20 yards, 2 INT) how the weather was.