HERE IT IS EASY FOR YOU

Wild Cards: 1)Denver As of today

2)Cincy

Scenario 1: wk 16 wild cards 1)Cincy

NE over jax 2)Buf

Mia over jets

cin over den

kc over oak

This scenario puts us in the wild card by the end of the week, but does not put us in control of our own destiny, to make the playoffs here we need: KC to beat Jax and were in or a Denver loss to SF and were in....if KC wins were in regardless as we hold a tie breaker over them and if kc ties denver at 9-7 we jump both teams

Scenario 2: wk16 wild cards 1)Den

Jax over NE 2)Jax

Jets over mia

den over cin

oak over kc

This is the elimination scenario, were out if this happens even if we win

denver we cant catch because they hold a tie breaker over us if kc cant catch denver, we could jump over jax but is meaningless since the jets would hold a tie breaker. This is what we absolutely dont want to happen this week

Scenario 3: wk16 wild cards 1)den

Jax over NE 2)jax

Jets over MIA

den over cin

kc over oak

Similar to the scenario above but with a twist - the KC win on oakland, this keeps us alive going into the last week but we would need a Den loss to SF and a KC win over Jax. We would leap cincy on strength of victory leaving.

Scenario 4:

Jax over NE wk 16 wild cards 1)cin

Jets over Mia 2)jaX

Cin over Den

oak over KC

If this happens we need a KC win over jax leaping us over jax. A win by pittsburgh over cincy, a denver loss to SF. In other words we need alot of help with this scenario.

Scenario 5: wk 16 wild cards 1)cin

Jax over NE 2)jax

Jets over MIA

CIN over DEN

kc over oak

Similar to scenario 4 however with a KC win on Oak. If this occurs we need a KC win over jax in the final week or a denver loss. We would also need Pitt to beat Cincy in the final week since the JEts would have the other tiebreaker and we would need to rely on the cincy tiebreaker. Once again we would need alot of help.

Scenario 6: wk 16 wild card 1)Cin

NE over Jax 2)Jets

Jets over Mia

cin over den

kc over oak

in this scenario, we are alive but barely.....we need a kc win or a denver loss (kc and denver must tie 9-7 for us to jump) and we need a pitt win over cincy.

There are definitely more scenarios that could occur but they mostly would follow the same pattern for what needs to be done in wk 17. It is a very weird position going into the final couple of weeks and our chances mainly revolve on what doors are opened or closed this week coming up.

Obviously Scenario 1 is our greatest chance, under any circumstance there is no position where we control our destiny at all but scenario one gives us the best chance and most realistic help going into the final week.

Wild Cards: 1)Denver  As of today

2)Cincy

Scenario 1:        wk 16 wild cards 1)Cincy

NE over jax                                2)Buf

Mia over jets

cin over den

kc over oak

Obviously Scenario 1 is our greatest chance, under any circumstance there is no position where we control our destiny at all but scenario one gives us the best chance and most realistic help going into the final week.

872193[/snapback]

From reading the other playoff posts I believe there is a better scenario in which Denver beats Cinci and all of the other above things happen. If that occurs the Bills would control their own destiny going into week 17.

From reading the other playoff posts I believe there is a better scenario in which Denver beats Cinci and all of the other above things happen.  If that occurs the Bills would control their own destiny going into week 17.

872199[/snapback]

Youre right, that would mean the jets cant catch buf, jax cant catch buf, we have the tie break on cincy and all that would matter would be would we get the 5 or 6 seed. (assuming we win)

From reading the other playoff posts I believe there is a better scenario in which Denver beats Cinci and all of the other above things happen.  If that occurs the Bills would control their own destiny going into week 17.

872199[/snapback]

Yes. If NE, DEN, and MIA win, the standings going into the final week would be:

DEN 9-6

BUF 8-7

-------------

CIN 8-7

JAX 8-7

NYJ 8-7

PIT 8-7 or 7-8

KC 8-7 or 7-8

The Bills would hold the tiebreaker over all other 8-7 teams. If Denver also finished at 9-7 and the Chiefs were not 9-7, Denver would get the 1st wildcard and the Bills would get the 2nd spot. If KC also finished 9-7, the Bills would be the #5 seed.

DEN 9-6

BUF 8-7

-------------

CIN 8-7

JAX 8-7

NYJ 8-7

PIT 8-7 or 7-8

KC 8-7 or 7-8

The Bills would hold the tiebreaker over all other 8-7 teams. If Denver also finished at 9-7 and the Chiefs were not 9-7, Denver would get the 1st wildcard and the Bills would get the 2nd spot. If KC also finished 9-7, the Bills would be the #5 seed.

872216[/snapback]

The most unlikely scenario I see is us beating Baltimore in their house. But, stranger things have happened.

The most unlikely scenario I see is us beating Baltimore in their house. But, stranger things have happened.

872297[/snapback]

If it comes down to that win-and-in scenario, then the baltimore game is a definite playoff game for us (not that the tenn. game isn't, but we are on the outside looking in this weekend). Baltimore might not be playing for anything in week 17.

Sound familiar? Good thing we got rid of Bledsoe :(

If it comes down to that win-and-in scenario, then the baltimore game is a definite playoff game for us (not that the tenn. game isn't, but we are on the outside looking in this weekend).  Baltimore might not be playing for anything in week 17.

Sound familiar?  Good thing we got rid of Bledsoe  :(

872317[/snapback]

Even if we lose that game, the important thing is that the Bills gave us some excitement with some meaningful games. And more importantly, watch how we become the chic pick by the media next year to make the playoffs (and we should).

I have always said, "In Marv we trust." No one should ever doubt this man's knack and instinct for winners. That's why I thought it was a joke when Espn made fun of him as being crowned the new GM. They made fun of of his age, but ignored his experience and football acumen. We can already see the "Marv" influence on the team's play on the field. This team really reminds me of the '87 Bills. Eerily similar in terms of character and fundamentals.

I think we can all agree that the road to the playoffs isn't impossible, but i wouldn't get cought up in all the talk. Lets beat Tennessee on Sunday then hope for the best, wake up Tuesday morning and see where we stand. We might be the front runners or we might be in some deep sh--. lol

I think we can all agree that the road to the playoffs isn't impossible, but i wouldn't get cought up in all the talk. Lets beat Tennessee on Sunday then hope for the best, wake up Tuesday morning and see where we stand. We might be the front runners or we might be in some deep sh--. lol

872353[/snapback]

Exactly. First things first. And first off, to be even having a discussion like this is incredible. So we should be proud of this team's effort regardless. Second, we concentrate all our collective efforts on beating the Titans. That's a game that we obviously need to win and should be able to win all things considered. Third, if we win, we then sit back and hope for a few other wins. Finally, we see what's on the plate for the final week.

One heck of a fun ride I hope.

Exactly.  First things first.  And first off, to be even having a discussion like this is incredible.  So we should be proud of this team's effort regardless.  Second, we concentrate all our collective efforts on beating the Titans.  That's a game that we obviously need to win and should be able to win all things considered.  Third, if we win, we then sit back and hope for a few other wins.  Finally, we see what's on the plate for the final week.

One heck of a fun ride I hope.

872369[/snapback]

Yeah exactly! They've definitely made things fun again for us fans this year. Hopefully we'll be rehashing all the permutations again next week at this time.

So we should be proud of this team's effort regardless. 

872369[/snapback]

Yup. Howard Simon started off today's show saying exactly that. No matter what happens this week or next week, this season is a success. We're in a rebuilding season, with a new GM, new coach and a new qb that noone liked, and are talking about the playoffs on December 19th. Pretty incredible.

If KC also finished 9-7, the Bills would be the #5 seed.

872216[/snapback]

Wow. It is absolutely freaking mental that this team still has a shot at a number five seed in the playoffs. More than a few chattering monkeys at ESPN/FOX/CBS/SI will have a hard time wrapping their brains around that. Round of appause for Marv and Dick, man.

Wow.  It is absolutely freaking mental that this team still has a shot at a number five seed in the playoffs.  More than a few chattering monkeys at ESPN/FOX/CBS/SI will have a hard time wrapping their brains around that.  Round of appause for Marv and Dick, man.

872407[/snapback]

Even more mental that if we played in the NFC, we would be playing for ~ a #3 seed.

the blind refs stole that game on the forward lateral not the titans and the titans were home so they were the favorites anyway -- that is why the ref was afraid to make the right call all the tennessee fans would have tackled him before he got out of town

DEN 9-6

BUF 8-7

-------------

CIN 8-7

JAX 8-7

NYJ 8-7

PIT 8-7 or 7-8

KC 8-7 or 7-8

872216[/snapback]

AKA if we dont make the playoffs we only have ourselves to blame considering we lost to DETROIT!