Greetings from Tennessee

vinceyoungfan

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Better than Hopkins ever was?  :lol:  :lol:  :cry:  :lol:

No offense, but seriously, how long have you been watching football? Hopkins was a flat out excellent LT before age caught up to him. He couldn't compete with Ogden or Pace (the greatest of all imo), but he was absolutey a fine LT in both pass and run blocking. I doubt if almost any rookie in NFL history was "better than Hopkins ever was." You need to downshift just a gear or 2.

Tell ya what.....check out our LT Jason Peters, and tell me if you like your rookie better than him. I in turn will keep my eye on your guy. Let's talk about it after the game, fair enough?

Oh, and "not concerned about Schobel?"  He will be providing pressure the entire game, as will 2, perhaps even 3 other defensive ends. You DO have a great coach in Fischer, and you can bet that HE takes Schobel seriously.

873363[/snapback]

First of all, Roos is not a rook. He's a second year player. He played RT last year while Hopkins played left. I have been watching football since I was 8 years old, and I am 27 now. Hopkins was a fine LT, but these past few years, he was really not that great. IMHO, Roos is having a better year than B-Hop had in his prime. Roos doesn't make mistakes. It's almost scary how good this guy has been this year. I've been trying to find a stat of how many sacks he's given up this year with no luck. IIRC, there has only been one sack given up by him all year.

He's handled all of these guys well this year (no sacks allowed):

S. Merriman

J. Taylor

Freeney (twice)

D. Ware

A. Thomas

I don't know much about your LT, but I guess I'll see this weekend.

I'm not saying he (Schobel) is not a good player. I am supremely confident in Roos' ability. Roos does nothing but eats pro bowl DE's for breakfast... :D

Oh... I'm not all all concerned about Schobel. We have an absolute stud LT. You might not have heard of him, but he is already considered one of the best young LTs in the game.

Michael Roos. (2nd round pick last year)

He hasn't given up many sacks this year. He's way better than Hopkins ever was. In fact, Hopkins retired because Roos was going to supplant him this year.

873339[/snapback]

That's interesting. I didn't notice that Roos guy on the AFC pro bowl roster, or any other Titans for that matter, but I did notice that Aaron Schobel was there.

http://nfl.com/probowl/afc_roster

:lol:

Jets fans said the same thing about their young stud LT and, if Chad Pennington could still remember anything about that game, he'd say Schobel was pretty damn good.

That's interesting. I didn't notice that Roos guy on the AFC pro bowl roster, or any other Titans for that matter, but I did notice that Aaron Schobel was there.

http://nfl.com/probowl/afc_roster

:lol:

Jets fans said the same thing about their young stud LT and, if Chad Pennington could still remember anything about that game, he'd say Schobel was pretty damn good.

873689[/snapback]

Well, we all know that the probowl is a popularity contest. IMO, there were a few Titans who deserved to go.

K. Mawae

C. Hope

P. Jones

K. Bulluck

I disagree that Vince should be an alternate. Brady should have been over him.

We went 11-5 and went to the AFC Championship game in 03, and didnt get one player elected. So that just tells you how messed up voting is.

Edit:

I found Roos stats from this year.

3 sacks allowed.

5 penalties (4 false starts, 1 holding)

Pretty darn good.

Vince has bounced back from every bad game he's had the whole year. I expect him to do the same this week.

872243[/snapback]

Is this the same Vince Young who is currently 30th in the NFL in passer rating, just behind Jake Plummer, who has been benched, and JOOOOEEEEEEEY Harrington, who was benched last week for some guy named Lemon?!?

If Young has "bounced back from every bad game he's had the whole year," I'd hate to see how awful he'd be if he hadn't bounced back!

I found Roos stats from this year.

3 sacks allowed.

5 penalties (4 false starts, 1 holding)

Pretty darn good.

873696[/snapback]

The numbers are respectable but there's a couple other factors you can't help but take into account:

1)There are only 4 teams in the entire NFL with fewer pass attempts than the Titans and 2) he's blocking for the 2nd most elusive QB in the NFL.

He's looked O.K the few times I've seen them but I've noticed multiple instances of him getting pushed around by DE's to the instant detriment of your groundgame. While Schobel is unlikely to get any numbers on him Sunday, it'll primarily be because Tennessee doesn't throw the ball much and because Vince Young is a B word to get on the ground.

And making ridiculous statements like "he's already better than Hopkins ever was" only serves to undermine your argument and seriously damage your credibility on a very knowledgable board.

Cya

The numbers are respectable but there's a couple other factors you can't help but take into account:

1)There are only 4 teams in the entire NFL with fewer pass attempts than the Titans and 2) he's blocking for the 2nd most elusive QB in the NFL.

He's looked O.K the few times I've seen them but I've noticed multiple instances of him getting pushed around by DE's to the instant detriment of your groundgame. While Schobel is unlikely to get any numbers on him Sunday, it'll primarily be because Tennessee doesn't throw the ball much and because Vince Young is a B word to get on the ground.

And making ridiculous statements like "he's already better than Hopkins ever was" only serves to undermine your argument and seriously damage your credibility on a very knowledgable board.

Cya

873793[/snapback]

LOL... Look, I am an old school Bills fan... Now, I am a Titans fan. Trust me, Roos is a better player than Hopkins ever was at any given point. Roos might not be quite as athletic as Hopkins, but he's smarter, stronger, and plays with better technique.

Mike Munchak -- Our OLine Coach said that Roos was the best player he's ever had to coach.. And he said that even before he was drafted last year.

Besides, This sounds like a good time to start a thread asking the Titans fans who they think is better?

I think someone asked me about my quote about Vince not having to bad games in a row.

"The last time Vince Young completed just eight passes, the rookie quarterback bounced back with his best day in the NFL." (Giants... 68% cmp... >100 rating..

Look, I am an old school Bills fan.

lmfao, ok methuselah...

Yeah, you were a Bills fan a few years ago when you were a kid.

Look here everybody, we got us a 'ol sage from waaaay back! :D

christ I've got union suits that have played in more games than you've watched and unless you're actually learning less (and I don't mean a lot less) as you've aged, you had no idea what the hell you were watching for much of Hopkins' career. What on earth would incite me to trust some kid whose claims far exceed his grasp?-0 Hells bells old school, I've probably watched Hopkins play more games than you have.

Coach said that Roos was the best player he's ever had to coach... before he was drafted last year.

The reason you believe he's better than one of the finest players in your franchise's history is because you read that a coach called him the best player he's ever coached before he even coached him?!

c'mere quix, I finally found a suitable lunch for you :lol:

As far as Roos v Hopkins (stifles giggle), and the issue of which player is better (swallows chortle), and whether that player is Roos (barely holds guffaw at bay) I don't think asking your teenage mutant titan fans will provide much in the way of objectivity or insight. So how about if we have some impartial nonHopkins/nonRoos fans right here watch this week's David Garrard Homerun Throwback Hour being replayed on the NFL Network before Sunday and we'll see with our very own eyes if future HOF'er Roos' performance is as good as any single one of Hopkins 150-200 starts(is completely overtaken by hysterical braying).

This ought to be purty funny............

lmfao, ok methuselah...

Yeah you were a Bills fan a few years ago when you were a kid.

Look everybody, we got us a 'ol sage from waaaay back here! :D

christ I've got union suits that have played in more games than you've watched and unless you're actually learning less (and I don't mean a lot less) as you've aged, you had no idea what the hell you were watching for much of his career. What on earth would incite me to trust some kid whose claims far exceed his grasp?-0 Hells bells old school, I've probably watched Hopkins play more games than you have.

The reason you believe he's better than one of the finest players in your franchise's history is because you read that a coach called him the best player he's ever coached before he even coached him?!

c'mere quix, I finally found a suitable lunch for you :lol:

As far as Roos v Hopkins (stifles giggle), and the issue of which player is better (swallows chortle), and whether that player is Roos (barely holds guffaw at bay) I don't think asking your teenage mutant titan fans will provide much in the way of objectivity or insight. So how about if we have some impartial nonHopkins/nonRoos fans right here watch this week's David Garrard Homerun Throwback Hour being replayed on the NFL Network before Sunday and we'll see with our very own eyes if future HOF'er Roos' performance is as good as any single one of Hopkins 150-200 starts(is completely overtaken by hysterical braying).

This ought to be purty funny............

873811[/snapback]

Was that even English? :lol:

I was a Bills fan from 88 to 98.. 10 years... I went through the same pain you did too during the SB years.. It's okay.. You can let it out. The Cowboys can't hurt you anymore. :cry:

Was that even English? :lol:

873836[/snapback]

My apologies; allow me to translate to a dialect you may be more comfortable with:

You not old school, you snot-nosed little rug brat.

You type reason that make no sense.

Let's all watch Roos on NFL Replay this week and laugh at stupid little boy.

Was that even English? :D

I was a Bills fan from 88 to 98.. 10 years... I went through the same pain you did too during the SB years.. It's okay.. You can let it out. The Cowboys can't hurt you anymore.  :lol:

873836[/snapback]

"Old school" = 1988?

Good Lord.

Have fun, Simon... :lol:

the bills are going to get spanked sunday. such a terrible team that nobody cares about. i think the lions have been talked about more than the bills this season. but anyways have fun cheering for this team the next couple of seasons, they arent gunna get any better. lol hey isnt McGahee the rb that said hes the best in the NFL? haha oh man.. right..

the bills are going to get spanked sunday. such a terrible team that nobody cares about. i think the lions have been talked about more than the bills this season. but anyways have fun cheering for this team the next couple of seasons, they arent gunna get any better. lol hey isnt McGahee the rb that said hes the best in the NFL? haha oh man.. right..

874091[/snapback]

Let's break this down:

Such a terrible team... I believe that would make the Titans an equally terrible team since they have the same record.

Lions are talked about more than the Bills... correct, because they are just bad and they are having the usual Milan issues.

Aren't gonna get any better... Umm, they already are better than last year. Der.

Ok, so now that school is out and mommy probably wants her computer back. Go outside and play with the other kids.

:doh:

874091[/snapback]

You went to the trouble of registering, just so you could post that?!?

Next time, don't bother.

874091[/snapback]

!@#$tard of the year. Guaranteed a lifetime Tennessee resident.

First of all, Roos is not a rook. He's a second year player. He played RT last year while Hopkins played left. I have been watching football since I was 8 years old, and I am 27 now. Hopkins was a fine LT, but these past few years, he was really not that great. IMHO, Roos is having a better year than B-Hop had in his prime. Roos doesn't make mistakes. It's almost scary how good this guy has been this year. I've been trying to find a stat of how many sacks he's given up this year with no luck. IIRC, there has only been one sack given up by him all year.

He's handled all of these guys well this year (no sacks allowed):

S. Merriman

J. Taylor

Freeney (twice)

D. Ware

A. Thomas

I don't know much about your LT, but I guess I'll see this weekend.

I'm not saying he (Schobel) is not a good player. I am supremely confident in Roos' ability.  Roos does nothing but eats pro bowl DE's for breakfast...  :doh:

873687[/snapback]

Merriman had 3 (of 9!!!!!) SD sacks against the Titans: http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/recap/NFL_20060917_TEN@SD

Maybe Roos wasn't credited with "allowing" any of those sacks, but its pretty tough to claim he did a "good" job against a guy who had 3 sacks in that game.