Arrested at airport

Fezmid

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everbody who's taking this guys word on what happened is an idiot.

Everybody who doesn't think the people in authority did anything wrong is an idiot.

There is probably a lot more to this story then this guy has told and the answer is somewhere in the middle.

872036[/snapback]

Fair enough.

Too bad the whole thing wasn't on video tape.

Pul,led this from an article on MSNBC, Pilots giving tips for flying:

Q: SO what are some insider tricks for surviving airport security?

A: It's common sense. Show up early and leave your suicidal tendencies at home.

Indeed.

873171[/snapback]

absolutely. and getting there early leaves you more time to get loaded at the bar while you're waiting to catch your flight.

absolutely.  and getting there early leaves you more time to get loaded at the bar while you're waiting to catch your flight.

873705[/snapback]

And then you get arrested for "being under the influence of something" :lol:

obviously i am joking a little, but i do think it is a legit. question: if you're not allowed to be "under the influence" when you board the plane, why are there bars in every major airport? if the policy only refers to illegal substances, how can anyone REALLY get away with shining a light in someone's eyes in an airport and saying "i suspect you're high; you're going to jail." that version of events sounds like b.s.

as far as this case is concerned, i think it was correctly assessed earlier. this was an collision of 2 jerk-offs who both had to be "right." while the anti-authoritarian in me would tend to be sympathetic with the passenger, i also agree with whoever said the guy sounded like a "code-red douche. (can i borrow that line? :lol: )"

my suspicion is that the whole thing was made up.

obviously i am joking a little, but i do think it is a legit. question: if you're not allowed to be "under the influence" when you board the plane, why are there bars in every major airport?  if the policy only refers to illegal substances, how can anyone REALLY get away with shining a light in someone's eyes in an airport and saying "i suspect you're high; you're going to jail."  that version of events sounds like b.s.

as far as this case is concerned, i think it was correctly assessed earlier.  this was an collision of 2 jerk-offs who both had to be "right."  while the anti-authoritarian in me would tend to be sympathetic with the passenger, i also agree with whoever said the guy sounded like a "code-red douche. (can i borrow that line?  :lol: )"

my suspicion is that the whole thing was made up.

873857[/snapback]

Bingo!

That is what I have been saying... Unless you ban the sales of it on place like the trains or concourses... You will always have an inequity...

Lead by example.

Don't get me wrong, I don't like the bans... But, you can see why they do it???...

Because you liberals keep mandating more safety gear - keeping the stupid around longer to ruin everyone else's good times.

Take off your friggin' seatbelts, motorcycle and bike helmets, and off yourselves!

873983[/snapback]

Sorry...I wont ride without a bike helmet. All I need is for some **** to drift into my lane and take me out.

I'm not telling people not to wear them.  I'm telling the government to stop mandating them.  Let's let Darwin do his thing, please.

874301[/snapback]

Yeah, and Medicaid/Medicare/Healthy New York etc. will pick up the tab for patching these "don't tread on me"-types back together again.

The guiding principal behind smoking bans, helmet & seatbelt laws isn't to protect the individual...it's to try and keep medical spending down.

Yeah, and Medicaid/Medicare/Healthy New York etc. will pick up the tab for patching these "don't tread on me"-types back together again.

The guiding principal behind smoking bans, helmet & seatbelt laws isn't to protect the individual...it's to try and keep medical spending down.

874321[/snapback]

You keep telling yourself that.

874321[/snapback]

:doh::(:cry::lol:0:)

It's obvious that some people will believe anything.

:doh:  :(  :cry:  :lol:  0:)

It's obvious that some people will believe anything.

874378[/snapback]

You don't think that anything Corporate America can do to hold down spending (read lower insurance settlements, health care premiums, etc.) doesn't cause them to "influence" legislation that restricts individual "rights" ???

If so, I've got some great swampland I'll let you have for a song.

Smoking

Seat Belts :P

Helmets