Schoop and the Bulldog

SilverNRed

Most of WGR's postgame show so far has been about all the bad decisions Miami made during the game. Dumb and dumber can't figure out why Miami didn't throw downfield more.

They will literally talk about *anything* rather than how well Losman played. Last week all they wanted to talk about how the Jets "gave up." Guess they're still hoping no one will remember that they spent most of the season bashing him (Bulldog went as far as to call him a "clown" in the days leading up to the Houston game). Schoop did mention Losman in that he thought it was stupid the CBS announcer said something positive about his intelligence during the broadcast.

Most of WGR's postgame show so far has been about all the bad decisions Miami made during the game.  Dumb and dumber can't figure out why Miami didn't throw downfield more.

They will literally talk about *anything* rather than how well Losman played.  Last week all they wanted to talk about how the Jets "gave up."  Guess they're still hoping no one will remember that they spent most of the season bashing him (Bulldog went as far as to call him a "clown" in the days leading up to the Houston game).  Schoop did mention Losman in that he thought it was stupid the CBS announcer said something positive about his intelligence during the broadcast.

869597[/snapback]

Their act is getting very old. :ph34r:

Their act is getting very old.  :ph34r:

869645[/snapback]

I used to like Schopp. Then, there seemed to come a point in time where, ostensibly, his favorite restaurant began serving dishes with a giant helping of insta-jerk.

Every time these guys are brought up they're misquoted & taken out of context ad nauseum; that's what gets old.

869667[/snapback]

I haven't seen many folks report stuff here that seemed out of the norm for these two. Granted, they may have been quoted poorly, and often out of context, but there is little denying they prefer the dark cloud to the silver lining.

Why would ANYONE listen to that show when the post game show is on 97 Rock and Edge?  Coaches and player inteviews live from the locker room verus those a$$ scratching whining cry babies.

869827[/snapback]

Do 97 Rock and Edge stream online?

Do 97 Rock and Edge stream online?

869972[/snapback]

So basically what you're sayin' is, you listen to it 'cause it's there?

Kinda like the two guys in the restaurant...

"Yechhh...this food really sucks, doesn't it?"

"Yeah, it does...and such small portions too!!!!"

Those two fools are insufferable. Complete morons. Idiots. Surpassed in stupidity only by the station management that keeps them on the air.

I would never listen to that schITT.

Just my opinion, though. I could be wrong.

I really don't like listening to athletes talk about anything. I like hearing opinions, playoff scenarios, etc.........which is what you get on GR.........but Schoop should not be doing this - I wish anybody but he was doing this

Caller: Hey guys, the game just ended and I just wanted to see if you could finally give Losman a little credit for how the Bills are turning things around. He is really starting to look good and I thi...(click)

Schopp: Well that was going no where. Now where was I, oh yea, so Tater Tots, they are really the most underrated food in the frozen aisle.

Bulldog: I've always been a big fish stick guy. They are like a Friday fish fry just waiting to happen

Schopp: ok now lets go to Eric in Orchard Park

Caller: Hey, I think that JP has really brought back the big play element in Bills football. He looks poised and calm in the poc.....(click)

Schopp: ok can we get these calls screened today, I mean these idiots are coming out of the woodwork. The Bills, yea well I didn't actually watch the game today, there was an ALF marathon on channel 64 today.

That about sums up their radio show

Every time these guys are brought up they're misquoted & taken out of context ad nauseum; that's what gets old.

869667[/snapback]

I think that Schoop and the Bulldog are actually doing their jobs quite well. The thing to remember though is that their job is to produce $ for their employer and if accomplishing this goal happens to coincide with doing good journalism or even good reporting that's great.

However, if entertaining the relatively narrow audience a media station needs to make a bunch of bucks (even the most popular station be it Fox for cable news or books on the NY Times list are actually surprisingly small in terms of absolute numbers or compared to the whole of the TV watching or book buying market) happens to diverge from reporting the facts or having anything more than some half-cocked fact free opion then so be it.

WGR makes its bucks by elevating the Sabres whom they carry and if badmouthing or ignoring good things done by the Bills fits into their limited sense of promoting their product this is what they do.

WGR has also figured out that they can sell tons of commercials by appealing to a substantial but actually quite narrow market segment which gets off on fact-free opinions and badmouthing athletes who some folks envy for being paid a hige salary for playing a boys game then also so be it.

I for one (and I suspect many folks since in their big $ picture individuals matter little so they really do not care what I or any other individual thinks as long as they get a market share which allows them to sell commercials at the rate they want) long ago tuned out and turned off WGR as simply not being good reporting or journalism about the Bills or sports generally.

The Coach was overbearing, stupid and difficult to listen to after his shtick got old and he was further removed from actually being involved in the game. However, he really did know alot of football as a former coach and a number of the players personally until their careers ended. It was often worth sorting through his rambling and often silly and driven by Marv hatred opinions to get to his occaisonal good nuggets of thoughts and info.

However, GR basically put him out to pasture as time went on and his shows were not worth a listen.

Inevitably Schoop and Bulldog are headed the same way. I suspect Bulldog will remake himself if GR gets a contract to carry some aspect of the Bills though i suspect Schoop will find greener pastures in some other town as he portrays himself as intellectually thoughtful and simply shifting to a new opinion when the dollars call for it will not be as easy for him to pull off.

I've always thought those two simply hang up on people that arent willing to regurgitate their topic of choice, then make some flippant comment that insinuates the caller was drunk or vulgar or whatever. It's too bad, because the two really do run the most (only) entertaining sports talk show in the area. Too bad they're too full of themselves (well, Schopp anyway) to look at things with an open mind.

So why listen to them ? Listen to someone else.

870285[/snapback]

Because people love bitching about people people who B word on the radio, and dont show "respect" in their eyes. Kind of like how this board is dead when people aren't around to B word about Losman, and some posters resort to bitching about people who are not bitching anymore for the sole purpose of bitching. :rolleyes:

Because people love bitching about people people who B word on the radio, and dont show "respect" in their eyes.  Kind of like how this board is dead when people aren't around to B word about Losman, and some posters resort to bitching about people who are not bitching anymore for  the sole purpose of bitching.  :rolleyes:

870289[/snapback]

Sounds about right.

So basically what you're sayin' is, you listen to it 'cause it's there?

Kinda like the two guys in the restaurant...

"Yechhh...this food really sucks, doesn't it?"

"Yeah, it does...and such small portions too!!!!"

Those two fools are insufferable.  Complete morons.  Idiots.  Surpassed in stupidity only by the station management that keeps them on the air.

I would never listen to that schITT.

Just my opinion, though.  I could be wrong.

869986[/snapback]

No, really I was asking, because, living in Texas, far from WNY, I had no idea that 97 Rock had a Bills post-game show. I do know, everytime I watch a Sabres game on Center Ice, and they use the Buffalo feed, I get a little quesey everytime they show the ad with Carl Russo talking about his vericose veins...didn't Russo used to be a 97 Rock guy?

I have never listened to the GR post-game show, on-line. I do, however, go to their audio vault during the week, and listen to some of the archived segments. On my visits back to WNY, I find GR a pretty awful listen, round the clock, but the archived segments just cut to the things I am most interested in. I will say, occaisionally, I turn on Brad Ritter in the evenings, and find him somewhat interesting. Most sports talk, blows. IMO, the best football show on the radio (which I am listening to now) is the John Fricke and Chris Landrey show on FOX sports radio, Sunday nights...all NFL/college football talk, and Landrey knows his stuff.