Time to Bench Losman

SnakeOiler

If you said that Losman's a bust and he sucks and he should be replaced, that's fine because he really did struggle at times and it was looking doubtful sometimes that he had what it takes to be an NFL quarterback.

But when the guy starts playing great football and is leading his team to big wins like the one today or against the Jets last week, or against the Titans or the Jaguars, atleast have the guts to admit that he's a good quarterback. That's just low, I'm sorry. He's playing some pretty damn good football right now.

870100[/snapback]

Yeah, he's a true Bills fan. :rolleyes: Roots for players to fail to try to prove he was right and make himself feel smart, then clings desperately to this failing notion. Miserable :nana:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is hitting wide open receivers something special? Were any of those throws something that any other QB couldn't have made?  If Harrington had receivers that open he would have had three TD's.

Looking at this defense. I have to give Tom Modrak alot of credit for drafting Keith Ellison. If only he would have drafted Haloti Ngata at #8 then traded up to draft Whitner.

With Ngata in the middle? They might have been good enough to overcome the offense earlier in the year and be in a playoff spot today.  :nana:

869761[/snapback]

Sure and, IF I did scratched my left nut, my right nut wouldn't have itched...... :rolleyes:

TD would have been here if he knew how to pick a real head coach!!!

869959[/snapback]

Amen. I don't knock TD's drafting. It was his big ego that forced him to bring in unproven and untested head coaches so that he wouldn't have to yield any power. All the national writers who love TD and contually point out the fact that TD drafted several of our top players need to get off that dead horse and start remembering that the coaching under TD was a total disaster. Hey, how's Meathead doing for the stinkin' fish?

Gone! You must be out of your mind.

Nothing has changed.

Wow! Hitting wide open receivers! Let's put Loseman in the HOF. Please :rolleyes:

I'm suposed to get excited because the QB didn't lose the game for the Bills? I guess that's the standard.

The Bills are playing well because the Defense and the Special Teams have made up for Loseman's mistakes. Instead of letting yet another Loseman fumble cost the Bills the game like it has all year. The Defense has stepped up.

869661[/snapback]

deluca, everyone has the right to be an **** now and again, but today you're abusing the privilege.

losman's playing good ball, give the guy credit, even if you can't stand him. all the great qb's hit open receivers. he's managing games in the classic sense from tiem to time, but at others he's lit up the opposing d with beautiful deep passes. he's benefited from a revamped o line, and has made the most of it. he's as much a reason for the recent success as anyone on the team.

and you must acknowledge that while donahoe might well have been involved in selecting some of the current players, the scheme's offensively and defensively drawn up by the current staff are far and away better than where we were last year.

it's time to come out of the cold, son, and back into the warmth that envelops us all when the bills play well...grab a seat by the fire, we'll talk of the ghosts of past success, and hope that maybe, just maybe, this kid from California can be the one. your hands must be so cold, out there tilting windmills all by yourself...

Amen. I don't knock TD's drafting. It was his big ego that forced him to bring in unproven and untested head coaches so that he wouldn't have to yield any power. All the national writers who love TD and contually point out the fact that TD drafted several of our top players need to get off that dead horse and start remembering that the coaching under TD was a total disaster. Hey, how's Meathead doing for the stinkin' fish?

870173[/snapback]

It's a tough call. In retrospect, TD's decisions were terrible. But how many people thought Dick Jauron was a wise choice? There certainly aren't a lot of coaches in this league that are consistently good. And some coaches are better with young players and worse with veterans, or good at building a team but not taking them over the hump. One thing that seems clear to me, as well as not so clear, is that a LOT of coaches do much, much better in their second term than their first, because there is no apprenticeship for this HC job.

But that doesn't mean you can automatically just look for a guy who failed his first go, because there are MORE guys that just don't have what it takes and suck just as bad their second time.

Jauron looks like a keeper, at least until next week.

Another thing I think that needs mentioning is that there is this perception that Donohoe hired guys that wouldn't become Cowhers and that weren't strong and that he could control. Williams is the complete antithesis of that. He thought he knew it all. he came on too strong if anything. He tried to impose his will on the team and it failed miserably. He hired guys that weren't necessarily TD guys. Everything suggests that he wasn't a pushover, just a terrible head coach in his first go round.

It's a tough call. In retrospect, TD's decisions were terrible. But how many people thought Dick Jauron was a wise choice? There certainly aren't a lot of coaches in this league that are consistently good. And some coaches are better with young players and worse with veterans, or good at building a team but not taking them over the hump. One thing that seems clear to me, as well as not so clear, is that a LOT of coaches do much, much better in their second term than their first, because there is no apprenticeship for this HC job.

But that doesn't mean you can automatically just look for a guy who failed his first go, because there are MORE guys that just don't have what it takes and suck just as bad their second time.

Jauron looks like a keeper, at least until next week.

870186[/snapback]

Jauron was a head coach before. As you know, he was a past NFL heach coach of the year. Greggo and Meathead both were HC rookies -- not on their second time. TD thought he was so great that he could take a rookie HC and make him into a star.

And Cowher ended up running TD out of town, in a way. TD learned his lesson, and IMHO, decided to make sure he didn't hire another Cowher.

870213[/snapback]

I don't think that's true. I added this paragraph to my earlier post at the same time you were responding to it.

"Another thing I think that needs mentioning is that there is this perception that Donohoe hired guys that wouldn't become Cowhers and that weren't strong and that he could control. Williams is the complete antithesis of that. He thought he knew it all. he came on too strong if anything. He tried to impose his will on the team and it failed miserably. He hired guys that weren't necessarily TD guys. Everything suggests that he wasn't a pushover, just a terrible head coach in his first go round."

I don't think that's true. I added this paragraph to my earlier post at the same time you were responding to it.

"Another thing I think that needs mentioning is that there is this perception that Donohoe hired guys that wouldn't become Cowhers and that weren't strong and that he could control. Williams is the complete antithesis of that. He thought he knew it all. he came on too strong if anything. He tried to impose his will on the team and it failed miserably. He hired guys that weren't necessarily TD guys. Everything suggests that he wasn't a pushover, just a terrible head coach in his first go round."

870219[/snapback]

That is a good point about Williams. That said, TD has made remarks that back up my preception that he believes the head coach should not have too much power.

The bottom-line is that TD's worst decisions while running the Bills were the two head coaches he hired.

I saw that Lucas comment.  He was bitchin and moanin like he had bet his last 2 paychecks on the Jets.  He's a total effing ahole.

869591[/snapback]

You mean the same Ray Lucas who was crying his eyes out the last time he ate the turf at the Ralph?

I am simply enjoying our new found sucess. :nana: I wrote a much longer post originally - you know - nailing Deluca and the others to the wall in detail as always; asking them to explain gaping holes in their reasoning; trying to be positive, etc., but I deleted it - why bother? I am having entirely too much fun seeing JP's obvious progress unfold as we predicted.

I decided that the game today speaks for itself. Only an idiot or someone with an agenda(like "I don't care about facts - I don't want to admit I am wrong") wouldn't be able to truly enjoy JP's performance today. Three TDs and no INTs speak for themselves.

Bottom line: it is JP, the other offensive players, Coach Jauron and his staff, and not TD, that is responsible for getting this offense finally on track. TD doesn't work here anymore. Marv does - see 2006 draft class :rolleyes:

lol yeah, but there is still holcombs arm making a scene in the PPP board, about his "knowledge" of statistics.  :unsure:

869507[/snapback]

The aggressive ignorance I encountered over on the PPP board was mind-boggling. It seemed like the only people who understood what I was saying were Wraith (who works with stats for a living), and maybe Dave B. Few if any of the other participants were able to understand this article. Unfortunately, that lack of understanding wasn't accompanied by anything even remotely resembling humility or an ability to listen.

I know personal attacks aren't cool and everything, but I think in this case I'm justified in concluding that you might have some sort of disability that prevents you from thinking logically. Or admitting you are wrong. Or maybe you are just effing stupid.

3 touchdowns, scrambling and completing some great passes on broken plays, 4th quarter comebacks, an improving QB rating - now top 10 in the NFL, and a top winning record over the 2nd half of the season. And still, you insist on clinging to an opinion that is false.

Seek counseling, man.

Is hitting wide open receivers something special? Were any of those throws something that any other QB couldn't have made?  If Harrington had receivers that open he would have had three TD's.

Looking at this defense. I have to give Tom Modrak alot of credit for drafting Keith Ellison. If only he would have drafted Haloti Ngata at #8 then traded up to draft Whitner.

With Ngata in the middle? They might have been good enough to overcome the offense earlier in the year and be in a playoff spot today.  :rolleyes:

869761[/snapback]