does anyone here know???

Does anyone here now how to contact the nfl and try to get this blackout rule out of professional football, it is stupid and it costs businesses money bc they arnt able to show the game thus, less customers thus less income thus more blackouts. Simple economics shows why this stupid, can we convince the NFL that it is too?

Yeah, they won't get rid of it because most of the teams who suffer from it are in lousy markets. The only way I see them getting rid of it is if they put a team in LA. I'm sure the networks would pull their money if any LA team's game were blacked-out, seeing as how they don't like the blackout rule to begin with and the LA market is huge.

Yeah, they won't get rid of it because most of the teams who suffer from it are in lousy markets.  The only way I see them getting rid of it is if they put a team in LA.  I'm sure the networks would pull their money if any LA team's game were blacked-out, seeing as how they don't like the blackout rule to begin with and the LA market is huge.

868620[/snapback]

That's part of why there's no team in LA right now - Raiduhs couldn't sell out the Mausoleum, so a top-3 market was blacked out on a consistent basis. From what the SoCal locals say, they like it better this way; they're all but guaranteed the national feed every Sunday...

That's part of why there's no team in LA right now - Raiduhs couldn't sell out the Mausoleum, so a top-3 market was blacked out on a consistent basis. From what the SoCal locals say, they like it better this way; they're all but guaranteed the national feed every Sunday...

868681[/snapback]

When the Raiders games were blacked out they got the national feed there. What's the difference?

When the Raiders games were blacked out they got the national feed there.  What's the difference?

868682[/snapback]

Not true - at that time, whenever a game was blacked out, the network wasn't allowed to show ANY game in that time slot. Not sure when that changed? I was surprised when I got home from the JAX game and found an actual game broadcast saved on the DVR, instead of 'alternate programming' (read: infomercials)...

Not true - at that time, whenever a game was blacked out, the network wasn't allowed to show ANY game in that time slot. Not sure when that changed? I was surprised when I got home from the JAX game and found an actual game broadcast saved on the DVR, instead of 'alternate programming' (read: infomercials)...

868692[/snapback]

Nice--thanks, NFL. "If you don't go to the game, we are punishing you by taking away ALL football--you must now watch infomercials!!"

I wish someone would do a hard-core economic study on blackouts. My instinct is that watching football on TV is not a perfect substitute for attending NFL Games--therefore blacking out games is not an incentive to buy tickets. I would go out on a limb to even hypothesize that there is no significant correlation between the two.