Blitzes? We don't need no steenkin' blitzes.

Lori

That's right: according to DC Perry Fewell, in a story that just ran on Channel 7 Sports, the Bills called exactly ONE blitz against the Jets last Sunday... and that was negated by an offsides penalty. Quite a change from the Jerry Gray Era, no?

Two questions:

-What does that say about the ability of the Bills passrushers?

-And just how bad is the Jets O-line?

That's right: according to DC Perry Fewell, in a story that just ran on Channel 7 Sports, the Bills called exactly ONE blitz against the Jets last Sunday... and that was negated by an offsides penalty. Quite a change from the Jerry Gray Era, no?

Two questions:

865988[/snapback]

I noticed that while at the game, there were virtually no blitzes the entire game. You can do that with this system, the Dline has their ears pinned back every play, its really fun to watch.

Two questions:

865988[/snapback]

It says a lot about Kollar, too.

Quite a change from the Jerry Gray Era, no?

Two questions:

865988[/snapback]

Indeed it is a big change from the gray era, but the dline can still stand to add a lde opposite schobel better then the likes of kelsay/denney. Hargrove seems like a nice situational player, but Id prefer a legit pass rusher.

While mangold/ferguson look good they are also rookies. Ferguson is more up and down then mangold, as is to be expected of a rookie at a premiere position. They've looked better then they are because the jets do run a lot of timing routes, and pennington gets rid of the ball very quickly. As we saw sunday though when pennington is put in a position where he has to hold the ball, and look downfield the rookies will struggle. The jets also lack a playmaker at rb, have a one dimensional qb and marginal wr's, who would be a bit better with a qb who can stretch the field.

No way aj....

See week 3 2005 vs Atlanta

I nearly pulled my hair out that day.

866164[/snapback]

I hear ya...I mean the 46 with Buddy Ryan actually running it, though :thumbsup: