Aaron Schobel

RJsackedagain

Do you think Schobel is a great player or a fraud?  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Schobel is a great player or a fraud?

• A. Great player
    • B. Fraud
    • C. Average player good at padding his sack stats

I would have to say Schobel would rank in the middle of the pack when it comes to defensive ends in the league. Was wonder how the rest of bills nation feels?

864529[/snapback]

why do you say that?

I wouldn't say he's great/average or a fraud so I can't vote. I'd say he's an above average player who will consistentely be criticized because every good defensive end we have now and in the future will constantly be compared to bruce. The same goes for qb's being compared to kelly, and rb's being compared to thurman. Schobel is the only bills player other then Bruce to have 3 double digit sack seasons. He's an above average end who seems to be getting better. That's all I can really ask for. I think the bills could stand to upgrade LDE, but schobel is a very solid player.

Because all he can do is rush the passer.  Watch on run plays when he gets blown off the ball every single time.

864543[/snapback]

I wouldnt say he gets blown off the ball. I've noticed though he has a maddening habit paticularly on end arounds and reverses to bite and not stay home. I don't think he's as bad against the run as people make it out to be, but by no means great against it.

I'd say he's above average, but not great also. Every good DE has games where they get to "pad" their stats. He does need to become more active in the run defense though. He seems to be a little one dimensional at times. Also, he does disappear at times altogether like others have stated.

Why don't all those other average DEs pad their sack totals too? I mean, if it's so easy to do they should just go ahead and do it. And while we're on it, why don't the good/great DEs pad their sack totals? Man, this padding your sack total seems so easy. If Merriman would just do it he'd break the single season record. :bag:

"Average player good at padding his sack stats"

Not undestanding this whole post in general. Padding his sack stats? Don't you mean doing his job and getting to the QB a lot... whether it be a sack or pressuring the QB?

So his tackles aren't as high as other players, but remember most teams run up the gut on the Bills and since he's a DE... kind of makes sense for those numbers not to be there.

Sounds like typical Bills-nation. Instead of giving a great player credit, people are trying to find faults. Quite sad.

Schobel has 10 forced fumbles to go with his 33 sacks in the last three seasons, with a below-average D-Line next to him. He is very consistent and well-rounded, doing everything from hurrying/sacking QBs to falling back into zone-blitz coverge regularly. Especially since he's not getting a bank-breaking salary, he really is great addition to our team.

"Average player good at padding his sack stats"

Not undestanding this whole post in general.  Padding his sack stats?  Don't you mean doing his job and getting to the QB a lot... whether it be a sack or pressuring the QB?

So his tackles aren't as high as other players, but remember most teams run up the gut on the Bills and since he's a DE... kind of makes sense for those numbers not to be there.

Sounds like typical Bills-nation.  Instead of giving a great player credit, people are trying to find faults. Quite sad.

864604[/snapback]

Translation = he gets a lot of garbage sacks

I would have to say Schobel would rank in the middle of the pack when it comes to defensive ends in the league. Wondered how the rest of bills nation feels?

864529[/snapback]

GREAT PLAYER..lol---Deluded deluded little Bills fans. Ive never seen such a non-factor great player.

GREAT PLAYER..lol---Deluded deluded little Bills fans. Ive never seen such a non-factor great player.

864804[/snapback]

That being said..I'll give him an 'above average' label.

I know they played different positions....but Schobel couldnt shine Ted Washington's or Pat Williams' shoes.

Yes--Schobel is a good man to have on the team.