Props to Jets Fans

Stussy109

While being at the game yesterday pretty much by myself, wearing my new Whitner throwback authentic, I expected to catch some flack. Instead I caught nothing but cordial fans, respectful fans, and people who were very knowlegeable of the game. I received many compliments on my jersey, hadshakes for a game well played etc.

I feel that the example they set should be the same respect that opposing fans receive when they are visiting the Ralph. Good game nonetheless, and I will give props to Buffalo Fans, because considering the playoffs were on the line for the Jets this game, there was absolutley no heartbeat from them. very Very quiet stadium except for the Ralph. Seems as if they wait for the Firehat jets guys to fire them up. The energy for our sub 500 Bills at home is NOTICEABLY stronger than the Jets Fans were today.

While being at the game yesterday pretty much by myself, wearing my new Whitner throwback authentic,  I expected to catch some flack.  Instead I caught nothing but cordial fans, respectful fans, and people who were very knowlegeable of the game.  I received many compliments on my jersey, hadshakes for a game well played etc. 

I feel that the example they set should be the same respect that opposing fans receive when they are visiting the Ralph.  Good game nonetheless, and I will give props to Buffalo Fans, because considering the playoffs were on the line for the Jets this game, there was absolutley no heartbeat from them.  very Very quiet stadium except for the Ralph.  Seems as if they wait for the Firehat jets guys to fire them up.  The energy for our sub 500 Bills at home is NOTICEABLY stronger than the Jets Fans were today.

863070[/snapback]

Definitly. While the Ralph has been taking some heat for not filling up, the energy level has been impressive, and I'm hoping we could get it back to 1990 level at some point. However, I think this is the wrong week to start a be nice to the opposing team fans thread. Look at who's coming to town. While I won't physically attack or even swear at a Dolphins fan, I feel it is our duty to make their lives miserable. After all, we don't want them there; each Dolphin fan just takes a little something away from the 12th man and its effect on the game.

When it comes to opposing teams fans, I think balance is the key. Don't abuse them too much, but you still got to abuse them. And if there's ever a fight between a Bills fan and Dolphin fan, jump in and stomp that clown.

Jets fans feel more "corporate" to me and family-ish. Bills fans are just a hearty bunch. As for respectful?...I would say Buffalo is in the top 5 for rudest hosts in the NFL. I've gone to games with buddies who were fans of our opponents (and non -rivals) like Pittsburgh, Oakland, Redskins, etc.. Bills fans would just pummel them with F-bombs and some even wanted to fight. It is always nuts. I won't bring out-of-town friends to games anymore unless they wear neutral clothes or a Bills hat. I won't bring my young kids there for a few years.

Jets fans feel more "corporate" to me and family-ish.  Bills fans are just a hearty bunch.  As for respectful?...I would say Buffalo is in the top 5 for rudest hosts in the NFL.  I've gone to games with buddies who were fans of our opponents (and non -rivals) like Pittsburgh, Oakland, Redskins, etc..  Bills fans would just pummel them with F-bombs and some even wanted to fight. It is always nuts.  I won't bring out-of-town friends to games anymore unless they wear neutral clothes or a Bills hat.  I won't bring my young kids there for a few years.

863085[/snapback]

Its been that way for years. My Father would never take me to a Bills games as kid in the late 70's. We made the trek to Pittsburgh instead. I laugh as a regular at Panthers game at Bank of America stadium, how lame the fans are in Carolina compared to Buffalo. I've been asked to sit down numerous times. The crowd arrives late, leaves early and needs to be motivated to cheer.

The trouble is that the few always ruin it for the many. A lot of late teen, early 20's guys in my area screaming every curse word in the book...though the entire game. Kept telling my 7 year old daughter that I was covering her ears to keep them warm. :(

The trouble is that the few always ruin it for the many.  A lot of late teen, early 20's guys in my area screaming every curse word in the book...though the entire game.  Kept telling my 7 year old daughter that I was covering her ears to keep them warm.  :(

863103[/snapback]

I just call this bad parenting. If your seven year old isn't dropping a few f-bombs on the fish fans I gotta question your parenting skills.

:P

I've never had any trouble in the meadolands although I know people who have. I think it's some luck and how YOU behave that can play a role. I cheer, but I make sure I'm not obnoxious or taunt anyone around me. I've been taunted but know how to handle myself in enemy territory.

Jets fans feel more "corporate" to me and family-ish.  Bills fans are just a hearty bunch.  As for respectful?...I would say Buffalo is in the top 5 for rudest hosts in the NFL.  I've gone to games with buddies who were fans of our opponents (and non -rivals) like Pittsburgh, Oakland, Redskins, etc..  Bills fans would just pummel them with F-bombs and some even wanted to fight. It is always nuts.  I won't bring out-of-town friends to games anymore unless they wear neutral clothes or a Bills hat.  I won't bring my young kids there for a few years.

863085[/snapback]

I have a lot of respect for Jets fans as a whole. They really haven't had much to root for.

And for everyone on this board who realizes that Bills fans been jerks to opposing fans in recent weeks (or years), it's time to stand up and do something about it. Call out your fellow fan.

I didn't have many problems either. As I was walking into the stadium through the tailgaters, I had Jets fans nudge me and tell my friends to kick my ass...all in good fun though.

However when I got into the stadium anytime i cheered for the Bills I caught crap left and right.

so two different experinces but nothing to complain about.

I've been going to Bills @ Jests game for the last 15 or so years and have been razzed quite a bit there & actually was scared a few times but it never amounted to any fights or anything 'cuz I ignored them. 4PM games were especially bad because of the extra drinking time but yesterday was very different, for the most part, they were actually nice before the game & Willis' TD took them out early during the game. I really had a fun time with my friends in lot 6 & over @ 16C with the NYCBB tailgate party. A buddy of mine drank 2 shots out of Kenny's bowling ball & could actually blow the horn well!

It was a great time!

While being at the game yesterday pretty much by myself, wearing my new Whitner throwback authentic,  I expected to catch some flack.  Instead I caught nothing but cordial fans, respectful fans, and people who were very knowlegeable of the game.  I received many compliments on my jersey, hadshakes for a game well played etc. 

I feel that the example they set should be the same respect that opposing fans receive when they are visiting the Ralph.  Good game nonetheless, and I will give props to Buffalo Fans, because considering the playoffs were on the line for the Jets this game, there was absolutley no heartbeat from them.  very Very quiet stadium except for the Ralph.  Seems as if they wait for the Firehat jets guys to fire them up.  The energy for our sub 500 Bills at home is NOTICEABLY stronger than the Jets Fans were today.

863070[/snapback]

You were lucky. I live in NJ and have to Bills/jests games often - many of the people are VERY nice, but just like at the Ralph, there are some real loonies. I have been near a brawl (and I do mean brawl) more than once - Once at a miami/jests game, I could witness four fights from my seat.

I just call this bad parenting. If your seven year old isn't dropping a few f-bombs on the fish fans I gotta question your parenting skills.

:beer:

863157[/snapback]

NICE!!!!!

While I think you are joking I in fact completely agree with you.

Kids need to swear and drink alcohol at very young ages, I'm thinking in the

2-months to 3 years range.

The trouble is that the few always ruin it for the many.  A lot of late teen, early 20's guys in my area screaming every curse word in the book...though the entire game.  Kept telling my 7 year old daughter that I was covering her ears to keep them warm.  :beer:

863103[/snapback]

Were you at the San Diego game?